Stake Forum
Carollzinha

What Trivias Should Be About?

Featured Comment

We all know that most all Trivia questions have been easy or things that can be easily found in a 10 seconds Google research but then my question is.. this is what Trivias should really be?

A good example is the Trivia I just did (Question: Which "This Is Us" actress is also known for her protagonist act in a romance based in a Nicholas Sparks book? Answer: Mandy Moore).. if I would not elaborate the question that way or if I would maybe name the Nicholas Sparks book (A Walk To Remember) it would be so easy for anybody to Google, is not it?

Also another that was brought to our chat recently is how the questions always are in favor of english speakers.. I mean, we have hundreds of different languages using English chat as main chat and yes, I am aware that it is the english chat but we could use trivias to do more questions related to things that have the same answer is different languages, things that should be known by anyone (or at least most all the people) or things related to different movies, series, songs or books as long as the answer will be about real knowledge and not about who is the faster to Google it (i.e: Question: Which of the Guns N' Roses song was launched as a single at 1989? Answer: Patience)

So, well, that is my idea of what Trivias should really be about..

Please feel free to drop your comment, to agree or disagree with my point of view... I can't wait to see what you guys have to say

I don't agree or disagree with you. I think each person should decide how to do their trivia, with the only rule being that the trivia does not create spam (for example: i am thinking of a number between 1 and 999). I do like riddles as trivia, math, capitals, info about old Stake players etc. So while I also like google and non-google trivia, I think each one should host trivia how that person feels fit :)

Well yeah trivias should be in more of general questions rather than 1+2 or 1-1 questions but those questions are what trivia sponsors or hosters like to to ask them. 

Just to make clear I am talking about trivias made by Staff, Support and Moderators

I can't disagree that when a player runs a trivia is his/her own choice how its gonna be but I am talking about something that could be started by some of us and be taken kinda as example for the others.. things that would really help the whole Stake community, doesn't matter where they are from and which language they speak, to feel included

I understand what your saying, I for one hate google trivia's to be honest and I'm not a fan of math trivia either.  I've always been a fan of the riddle trivia's because it's not partial to one particular country, culture, or language and it gives everyone a fair chance to win.  Unfortunately depending on who's sponsoring/hosting the trivia,  the questions they ask is their choice and sometimes it might be unfair but that's just the way it go's.  There will always be one or two players who complain no matter what just simply because they didn't win.  

Trivias are not good for "official giveaways", we saw it today.

1st, english speakers have advantage. The name of a capital, country, film or book may have different names depending of the language.
2nd, mobile users are in disadvantage. If you have to search the answer in Google, you have to open a different tab, and it is harder in a phone than in a computer.
3rd, trivias are spammy. 100 players answering the same at same time, you can miss if the correct answer was already told. Also, if you are looking for the answer in other tab, you will miss if the prize was already given, and you will answer anyway (creating more spam).

Staff should stick to the normal multiplier hunting, or rains. Trivias are for random moments when people are not expecting them, and just a dozen (not hundreds) answer.

Ok all ask trivia because its fast to win but this makes chat go fast and lag then.it gets spam which is against rules.Stake is gambling site and nit a Trivia Persuit site. So i think it would be more good that there are roll hunts  and somehow the first post of correct win to get the prize so anyone knows that roll hunt is over.So i have ti say that i am against Trivia

To be able everyone to participate, I would suggest to post a random picture from some place on street (this can be your own photo) and the task will be to recognize the place. The task is based mostly on using google maps + luck + ability to analyze surroundings. 

I dont like trivia games, because the winner is not the smartest one, but the guy with fastest internet and most probably native English speaker. 

1 hour ago, williamshennie9 said:

I don't agree or disagree with you. I think each person should decide how to do their trivia, with the only rule being that the trivia does not create spam (for example: i am thinking of a number between 1 and 999). I do like riddles as trivia, math, capitals, info about old Stake players etc. So while I also like google and non-google trivia, I think each one should host trivia how that person feels fit :)

My words are pretty much same as yours on this topic William.. neither do i agree nor disagree.

oh and I love riddles and the number guessing game as well :)

hello friends its a good topic for discussion , its should be general due to world wide players in main chat but its depends who the trivas do and from where the stayed.

when u r in main chat should aware about the players and accordingly do the same.  

1 hour ago, Carollzinha said:

Just to make clear I am talking about trivias made by Staff, Support and Moderators

Well in case of that too i don't see any difference the chatbox is a place where you join and chat to have fun and trivias are also a part of it. Moderators and the team try to make trivias fun and rewarding. 

24 minutes ago, jualid said:

It should be an un-googleable trivia imo, so people really solve the trivia based on their knowledge.

Totally agree with you. Questions should be of higher quality, but not on the speed of using Google.

1 hour ago, kangarostaples said:

To be able everyone to participate, I would suggest to post a random picture from some place on street (this can be your own photo) and the task will be to recognize the place. The task is based mostly on using google maps + luck + ability to analyze surroundings. 

They can easily use a picture search engine which would work very well to find out the place of the picture if that is a public place but not a private place. But who would send a picture of a private place tho 

1 hour ago, bmg said:

oh and I love riddles and the number guessing game as well :)

I believe he said he doesn't like number games due to all the spams it creates in the chat lol

44 minutes ago, Kate said:

Well in case of that too i don't see any difference the chatbox is a place where you join and chat to have fun and trivias are also a part of it. Moderators and the team try to make trivias fun and rewarding. 

Yeah but when that chat is being used for over 1000 users most all the time, from hundreds countries, these games should be at least fair with everyone.. that is what personally would call "fun"

We can't also forget that the "English" chat is not exclusive for english speakers, although english is the only language accepted there.. that chat is made for everybody that don't fit in any other language channel  (or even for those that fit but still want to use it)

30 minutes ago, Kate said:

They can easily use a picture search engine which would work very well to find out the place of the picture if that is a public place but not a private place. But who would send a picture of a private place tho 

That will work only if this picture was previously uploaded to the internet. 

I can post a cropped picture of tiled street with a peace of a shop. This can be some old town in Italy, Spain or Malta for example. And your task will be to find this place on google maps or are nearby. 

I saw such game on crypto forum. Guy posted this picture https://imgur.com/FGo1jXX and other tried to guess where it is. The answer was Seoul and the guy even post exact coordinates :D

7 minutes ago, kangarostaples said:

I can post a cropped picture of tiled street with a peace of a shop. This can be some old town in Italy, Spain or Malta for example. And your task will be to find this place on google maps or are nearby. 

I saw such game on crypto forum. Guy posted this picture https://imgur.com/FGo1jXX and other tried to guess where it is. The answer was Seoul and the guy even post exact coordinates :D

Such game could take days unless you give more details about the location.. and even so it could take a long time until people find it (it is if Google maps was not updated after you saved that image) lol

3 minutes ago, Carollzinha said:

Such game could take days unless you give more details about the location.. and even so it could take a long time until people find it (it is if Google maps was not updated after you saved that image) lol

More days means more visits on the page, more popularity, higher in google search trends and engine = good for stake :D

He didnt give any hints, but this was solved in few days. Some one managed to zoom in and somehow make a clear shot of cars number plate, figured out that this is Korea. Other guy found where most of skyscrapers are situated and check them one my one till he found that metal monument/construction on the left on the photo :D 

That was a nice brain test game, much better than completing challenges with auto bet or bots :D

yeah depends on a lot of factors.. but honestly i like triviaas which are not designed for users to have prior knowlege or experience with the specific repeat questions. 

some are okay.. Trivia ______ ? Sucks ... is a classic one... 1+1= 11 is another good one.. but 1+1 = 69 or 0 i do not agree with and dont thing they should be  done or aloud... 

11 u can argue as it can be true given the addition was done using strings rather than numerics.. but 0 or 69 is that type where u gotta know smtin ahead of time or have had exp.

also more info in the general question the better imo

yeah ez enuf to have some ppl know the answer, but not hard for have to gooogle and ez n uf to have ppl be faster than googles... its  sweet hard spot thats hard to get right for trivia runners if they think or try to get it there

1 minute ago, Shaniqua said:

yeah ez enuf to have some ppl know the answer, but not hard for have to gooogle and ez n uf to have ppl be faster than googles... its  sweet hard spot thats hard to get right for trivia runners if they think or try to get it there

Yup, but its not always easy to hit that sweet spot.

To be honest I think it's a systems problem not a people problem. If you have a system with issues, the need arises to make up subjective rules that are difficult to enforce consistently and everyone feels its unfair.

My suggestion was just to raise the minimum trivia tip to 0.0001 btc  (to start, if it's not enough just raise it more)

Most spam trivias are for literally a few cents, just make it more expensive to disrupt the chat.

the trivia should be to measure skill not to know who is gifted or superintelligent.  

that is my very humble opinion

5 hours ago, kangarostaples said:

This would be a better way for a forum game rather than a stake chatbox game. Since the place and characters is limited in chatbox it kills the way the game can be played. Stake chatbox games should finish instant maybe in like 10 minutes or so.