Stake Forum
DviouS

New way to pay for bitcoins...

Featured Comment

I've already pre-ordered the S10+ and can confirm that they really have the said feature enabled. A few months back when everything was just mere speculation, I didn't believe that they would be able to really integrate the wallet into the said phone. I don't know if the Knox counter would be able to sync with the said wallet, because if so, this will get hackers a hard time messing around getting over with the said security feature Samsung is notorious about. However I wouldn't bank largely at this to cause some hype for bitcoin and crypto, as the hype is still somewhat centered on the device itself. Also, most premium smartphone users won't even care with what's in their phone at all, as long as it's the latest and works.

Another question comes to my mind, is the features available all over the world. Talk about Samsung, my country is always get the lower Specs in case of the Processor. It is built in Snapdragon 855 in other countries but it will be only with Exynos in my country. Need to wait for a complete review from Indonesian user (especially gadget reviewer).

So is this specifically only for the mentioned phone? Or is this for samsung devices and is this for specific countries? 

So you can buy bitcoin directly through your phone? Like how, do you link a card or bank. Do you need to pass verification and how long does buying your coins take, like till you get them in your wallet. 

It was decided by Samsung that they will integrate the payment method not wallet according to my recollection . They will integrate this into the Samsung store and not as a wallet.  

Great choice friend. Not a fan of samsung. But this model changes my view on samsung. With an Exynos 9820 processor, the price tag is about $1,500, and such as you have  Snapdragon 855 around $900. Does it make sense to pay so much for Exynos.

So did it turn out that only ETH was supported? I wasn't aware of this feature at all- however I am quite intrigued, as I am in the market for a new phone.
https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/03/06/samsung-galaxy-s10-bitcoin-ethereum/
I can't help but wonder how this will affect the blackmarket? xD

This is a interesting new features for these high end phones in relations to Bitcoins. 😮

Advancement in these areas are definitely beneficial to cryptocurrency and blockchain as a whole.

On 4/19/2019 at 12:20 PM, BLXN said:

So did it turn out that only ETH was supported? I wasn't aware of this feature at all- however I am quite intrigued, as I am in the market for a new phone.
https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/03/06/samsung-galaxy-s10-bitcoin-ethereum/
I can't help but wonder how this will affect the blackmarket? xD

Don't just buy a random phone because it is barely related to crypto in any way or so ever buy a phone which you need and is useful and that which you can get more out off . 

You can also just download a wallet on your phone and then buy your bitcoins from an exchange. But I like that Samsung is starting to find ways to integrate crypto and blockchains into their products. 

Big tech companies like Samsung thinks 5 or even 10 years into the future, in that future blockchain, will probably have a bigger role, and crypto holding cut has gone mainstream.  So adding some crypt options now are just a test of a greater future product. 

hmmm. ive heard of thiis before.. some built-in crypto wallet on android phone.. would be neat, but i wonder what kind of insane price theyre selling the phone for.. cause we all know it wont come cheap.. theres always a catch.. xD

On 4/11/2019 at 7:16 PM, DviouS said:

I've already pre-ordered the S10+ and can confirm that they really have the said feature enabled. A few months back when everything was just mere speculation, I didn't believe that they would be able to really integrate the wallet into the said phone. I don't know if the Knox counter would be able to sync with the said wallet, because if so, this will get hackers a hard time messing around getting over with the said security feature Samsung is notorious about. However I wouldn't bank largely at this to cause some hype for bitcoin and crypto, as the hype is still somewhat centered on the device itself. Also, most premium smartphone users won't even care with what's in their phone at all, as long as it's the latest and works.

Another question comes to my mind, is the features available all over the world. Talk about Samsung, my country is always get the lower Specs in case of the Processor. It is built in Snapdragon 855 in other countries but it will be only with Exynos in my country. Need to wait for a complete review from Indonesian user (especially gadget reviewer).

Did you got it?  Have you done what you said about to get bitcoins through the phone?  Please let us know.  Huawuey will come with a wallet also, that is what I heard.  Good Luck.

Starbucks will soon accept cryptocurrencies.  The fact that they are "testing" blockchain to track the coffee beans means alot.  NYSE will soon open and run the project, with bakkt.  Can`t wait. 

thanks for the information ,
in my opinion, if Samsung has made it, the process for making transactions can be done on the smartphone or it still needs additional. is it for security issues to be safe, if in my opinion this is quite dangerous it might be possible when the smartphone is successfully cracked then the transaction can still be done without asking for confirmation to the owner.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:25 AM, Kate said:

Don't just buy a random phone because it is barely related to crypto in any way or so ever buy a phone which you need and is useful and that which you can get more out off . 

lol good advice i think... a phone isa phne is  aphone..... well you get what i mean... i think you can just download a trusted app that is a wallet as well =D 

just be sure not to download any malware on accident or smtin

I do not like such thing being centralized into their Phone model (Samsung in this case) as we are talking about Cryptocurrencies com'on...

There are several applications that do that for us already which are not centralized focused and have way more solutions to exchange your money into crypto and vice versa.

It should in fact have their own system to connect to your own wallets more faster using their own technology but not having a centralized wallet on their system as it seems like they will want to control it in the future.

7 hours ago, HumberRolls said:

In my country they will never be authorized in bitcoins as payment method

I would not say never. It seems like more and more countries are accepting crypto and becoming more open to using and adopting it. Who knows, in 20 years, fiat currency might no longer exist.

So you can buy bitcoin directly through your phone? Like how, do you link a card or bank. Do you need to pass verification and how long does buying your coins take, like till you get them in your wallet. 

On 4/21/2019 at 10:40 AM, Etude said:

This is a interesting new features for these high end phones in relations to Bitcoins. 😮

Advancement in these areas are definitely beneficial to cryptocurrency and blockchain as a whole.

yes i like that, even though my phone is an old iphone and the wallet works great!

so is this a wallet built in ? or an actual way to buy btc from samsung or somthing like that 

6 minutes ago, rajamishra said:

hello friends it's surprisingly  news for me too in our country so many high spec.. phones available.hope right now i am searching for  the same features available or not.

so do you understand fully this whole thing? cause i dont get whats so speacial about it, might as well just install a wallet liek the rest of us no?
ok ok i reread the whole linked site...
i think the title of this topic was a little wrong 
i think it shoulda been "New way to pay for with bitcoins."