DviouS

To bitcoin or to alt coin?

Featured Comment

Transaction fees are only high when the network is congested. You can theoretically transfer a million dollars worth of Bitcoins to anywhere in the world while paying only a couple of dollars. To add to that, solutions are being worked on to prevent congestion. The end goal is for the network to be able to handle worldwide demand.

Deflation isn't necessarily a bad thing. Bitcoin can exist alongside fiat as a decentralized option.

Volatility should theoretically decrease as the market size increases. The bigger it is, the more money it takes to move it after all.

A small contingent of the public already uses it, like members of this forum. There's even a bank which uses it for international transfers over SWIFT, among merchants that accept it as a payment option.

In the end, just because you can't see its utility doesn't mean everyone shares your view. It must also be noted that Bitcoin is still being improved upon so its shortcomings are very likely to be fixed in the future.

I mean why not use more then one crypto currency? Bitcoin has its strengths and weaknesses just like other coins, but alt coins specialize in things that bitcoin doesnt. I think it be smart to have a bit of btc and also any alt coin that you see being useful to people. 

Hmmm.. Well, my question is, are fees for transfering any coins even regulated or is this decided by the sites or apps where youre doing the transactions?.. I have wondered this because every site and apps have charged different fees network congested or not.. and some site in absurd amount no matter the value youre sending out.. i was charged by a site an absurd fee of 0.0005 btc even if youre only transfering the minimum value of btc.. its insane because they get alot of traffic so i do not understand why such high fees other than being greedy bitches.. smh

I don't know if it's true but i feel like the less number of miners that there are in the world mining Bitcoin higher the miner fee for every transaction would be and vice versa . 

14 hours ago, polor12 said:

For all those transaction fee..the platform has to make their money..is up to u to find that platform with the lowest fee possible.

if for investment, I prefer bitcoin to save assets because I think the price of bitcoin is increasing every day, whereas for withdrawals or for transactions I prefer altcoins that have the lowest fee besides saving assets, sometimes other altcoins are faster in making transactions

hello friends its the depends upon the network and the technology,when btc invent its too early the technology so secured step by step its improved his dimension ,but other coins are create with their own security.thats the main reason and another cause btc now the highest market cap and increase  day by day.