DviouS

To bitcoin or to alt coin?

Featured Comment

Transaction fees are only high when the network is congested. You can theoretically transfer a million dollars worth of Bitcoins to anywhere in the world while paying only a couple of dollars. To add to that, solutions are being worked on to prevent congestion. The end goal is for the network to be able to handle worldwide demand.

Deflation isn't necessarily a bad thing. Bitcoin can exist alongside fiat as a decentralized option.

Volatility should theoretically decrease as the market size increases. The bigger it is, the more money it takes to move it after all.

A small contingent of the public already uses it, like members of this forum. There's even a bank which uses it for international transfers over SWIFT, among merchants that accept it as a payment option.

In the end, just because you can't see its utility doesn't mean everyone shares your view. It must also be noted that Bitcoin is still being improved upon so its shortcomings are very likely to be fixed in the future.

Hmmm.. Well, my question is, are fees for transfering any coins even regulated or is this decided by the sites or apps where youre doing the transactions?.. I have wondered this because every site and apps have charged different fees network congested or not.. and some site in absurd amount no matter the value youre sending out.. i was charged by a site an absurd fee of 0.0005 btc even if youre only transfering the minimum value of btc.. its insane because they get alot of traffic so i do not understand why such high fees other than being greedy bitches.. smh

I don't know if it's true but i feel like the less number of miners that there are in the world mining Bitcoin higher the miner fee for every transaction would be and vice versa . 

14 hours ago, polor12 said:

For all those transaction fee..the platform has to make their money..is up to u to find that platform with the lowest fee possible.

if for investment, I prefer bitcoin to save assets because I think the price of bitcoin is increasing every day, whereas for withdrawals or for transactions I prefer altcoins that have the lowest fee besides saving assets, sometimes other altcoins are faster in making transactions

hello friends its the depends upon the network and the technology,when btc invent its too early the technology so secured step by step its improved his dimension ,but other coins are create with their own security.thats the main reason and another cause btc now the highest market cap and increase  day by day. 

Yea...  If I like to play with btc due to the value... just because... like the other day I made 88k litoshi to .68 ltc..... and it just pisses me off because I would rather have turned 88k sats to .68 btc...   but, as far as trasactions goes, moving money, and such...   btc sucks =|    to big of fees,  to slow of processing.......     XRP  - hardly any fees, instant transactions... seems to be the obvious choice with out any reason to think about it lol

I prefer nearly everything other than Bitcoin, it is just too slow for me and the fees are just too high. If you actually want to use a crypto use altcoins, if you just want to speculate and make some profit use bitcoin, but then you can just buy some Gold as well instead

On 4/12/2019 at 3:23 AM, DviouS said:

Transaction fees are only high when the network is congested. You can theoretically transfer a million dollars worth of Bitcoins to anywhere in the world while paying only a couple of dollars. To add to that, solutions are being worked on to prevent congestion. The end goal is for the network to be able to handle worldwide demand.

Deflation isn't necessarily a bad thing. Bitcoin can exist alongside fiat as a decentralized option.

Volatility should theoretically decrease as the market size increases. The bigger it is, the more money it takes to move it after all.

A small contingent of the public already uses it, like members of this forum. There's even a bank which uses it for international transfers over SWIFT, among merchants that accept it as a payment option.

In the end, just because you can't see its utility doesn't mean everyone shares your view. It must also be noted that Bitcoin is still being improved upon so its shortcomings are very likely to be fixed in the future.

There's utility for ya: https://www.livingroomofsatoshi.com

Check the latest payments, you'll be amazed!

BTC is really getting too expensive when doing transactions and taking too much time sometimes, but altcoin transactions are fast and cheaper, but at the end BTC is what gives values to altcoins.  Every inflation of BTC price makes the altcoin market so active, usually if BTC goes up, altcoin value also goes up.   If BTC goes down some altcoins just vanish due to that or just become the value of dust, so BTC will always remain the king among others and I think its value will go skyhigh as its gonna reach its maximum mining capacity.

For me its better to have multiple currency than sticking yo one specific crypto currency.thebpossibility of decreasing price is happening and if you only have one crypto you will having no second or third choice if you did not invest or ourchased multiple crypto.

On 4/12/2019 at 10:54 PM, laron said:

if for investment, I prefer bitcoin to save assets because I think the price of bitcoin is increasing every day, whereas for withdrawals or for transactions I prefer altcoins that have the lowest fee besides saving assets, sometimes other altcoins are faster in making transactions

Yes you are right that bitcoin price increase day by day..if you read about bitcoin then you know a boy buy pizza by many bit coin and Now look bitcoin price..so keep safe bitcoin and the transaction speed of bitcoin will be good without any doubt...alt coin has it's own ability that bitcoin has not..altcoin speed already good now...it's mining system also fast as you said in some ways..

Bitcoin is the far better investment for 2020. Not only is it seen as a safe haven asset, but it’s also the original cryptocurrency and continually leads blockchain development through it’s BIP process. Altcoins can make you more money than Bitcoin, it’s true, it’s just a lot riskier, and you could lose everything in an instant.

On 2/22/2020 at 1:56 AM, jamesbond said:

BTC is really getting too expensive when doing transactions and taking too much time sometimes, but altcoin transactions are fast and cheaper, but at the end BTC is what gives values to altcoins.  Every inflation of BTC price makes the altcoin market so active, usually if BTC goes up, altcoin value also goes up.   If BTC goes down some altcoins just vanish due to that or just become the value of dust, so BTC will always remain the king among others and I think its value will go skyhigh as its gonna reach its maximum mining capacity.

Yes sure I agree with you the time it takes it too much and the charges again.

2020 reply: still to Bitcoin. All of those tailing altcoins have their fate sealed towards whatever would happen to Bitcoin as it has always been. The leading ones like USDT, ETH and XRP may have their own grounds not to be fully affected but if ever Bitcoin falls, those will also succumb sooner or later once the "mothership" crumbles.

Hello, I think both Bitcoin and ALT coins are good, but Bitcoin is the best currency.  The price of Bitcoin is high, but the price of Bitcoin is not always constant.However, ALT coins are, well, a smart coin

Speed isn't all that matters and so value is the most important thing. Because a coin is faster than Bitcoin does not means it is better. Bitcoin has been in the game for a long time do it deserves all the credits 

Btc for sure, first in, best dressed for sure. Every other altcoin  is paired with it. I like a few alt coins including NRG, but the only way I want to trade it is with btc or eth. Demand for BTC will there for a very long time.

It depends on you. But in my opinion, bitcoin is the king of crypto currencies. My experience says, mostly people join bitcoin network for crypto earning. But alt coins are also so worthy and could not be neglected regarding importance.

Whenever we talk about bitcoin ,one thing come to us about it price which is still high than anyother altcoin. .basically when a currency price become high people going to invest on it so the network of that currency become week and this is what happen with btc...another thing altcoin currency are based on their own currency so it's network and transaction speed high while transaction fee low as they made up much investors now...

On 4/12/2020 at 9:52 PM, evet said:

Alt coins are worth investing too, if they have potential. Maybe holding it for a long time until the value spikes. 

Uhh,i think so because if btc has no value then another altcoin will vanish...so btc first and best then altcoin come so invest on altcoin is totally look like worth...if btc price dump then altcoin investors face big problems..

What do you mean by bitcoin and ALT coins? Bitcoin is a very expensive and powerful currency, Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrencies, but it is better to have other currencies besides Bitcoin, if you have ALT coins