Stake Forum
hanvee

Spam Trivia disccussion

Featured Comment

What do you think about spam trivia ?? Is it bad or good ??? and how to prevent Spam trivia if it bad?.

-With my opinion spam trivia a bad image  for stake and make different member feeling tired ..give up , dont wanna talk much ..... 

- I think to prevent spam trivia we should increase trivia min prize - cause if it is a prize then 0.0001 is not worth to try tho .

That what i think ... what about you? 

Prize amount doesnt matter. If prize increase 0.0001 nothing change(lag problem). 

The question is every trivia spam or not? 

I make some math trivia and i get mute. But my trivias not spam. Every answer correct. 

I mean that there are Moderators/Support to consider if it's a spam Trivia or not and make something (warning/mute) to stop it.

What if HR will come and will make 10k/50k satoshi SPAM Trivias? Many users, which are talking now about 1 cent Spam Trivia, will not talking so in that case.

Posted (edited)

The main focus of a chat should be generally be constructiveness, fun and value. 

When the prize is 1k satoshis or worst 10k ethoshis/gwei and done repeatitively when the chat is only all filled up with numbers of answers it definitely disturbs the flow of chat hence spam. It isn't fun at all to see a low prized trivia being repeated done to disturb chat flow, how can people then communicate in chat?

On the other hand when a given prize is 10k satoshis and above it adds a definite value to the given trivia. It wouldn't last long anyways if you do not have the given bankroll to exercise such prize leveled (10k satoshis and above) trivia.

Edited by Etude

A minimum prize increasement wouldnt reduce any spam, in case, it would make it even harded and more annoying. Trivia's aren't just about the price, I would participate even if there would be no prize because it's kinda fun. Anyone who hosts the trivia can choose his own prize which is affordable by his balance. For me, there should be no such a minimum of 0.0001 while the amounts of trivias will be reduced since 0.0001 is about 0.5$ if im not wrong, it would have no sense at all. The only impovement that would be cool is a reboot of the trivia bot while sometimes it lags and its pretty unfair to many people and spammy at the same time.

Some trivia can cause spam, like guess a number between 0 and 999. Other times though, trivia works well. For trivia with 1k stats, I prefer to not participate, but I think keeping the minimum price low, it allows everyone to host trivia when they want to :)

It is bad, it's bad for the chat and bad for the site.

It's so bad there are actually now rules for trivia:

You will note that one of them is a rule requiring trivia questions to be meaningful.  So depending on how the troll trivia is done, it's probably against the rules.

If the spam is just lots of trivia, then that's fine, I'm a fan of people giving money away to make chat fun.

There is nothing wrong with the prize amounts for trivia. Free money is free money after all. I do take issue with the fact that some trivia answers are completely arbitrary or an inside joke that really only a small select group of people may know though that is on the maker of the trivia not the website. But overall I think the Mods do a good job of muting people that continuously post trivia that are considered spam given how tough it must be to filter out chats from a global audience.

Umm i really don't mind it infact it makes stake look good because in the mind of people who visit the site think " Oh nice the site is friendly and doesn't mind a lottle spam " 

hello friend its a good suggestion to discussion ,when some trivias comes the chat goes its highest speed,no one can ans the replies,i have suggestion when a trivias arrange what ever the amount no problems but it should be in game room  so other players no to affected.i have suggested  just create a game room and all game arrange in game room, when some one start a game just a message in main room then who r interested came to game room.

i hope a better solution.

18 hours ago, rajamishra said:

just create a game room

Then the normal chatbox which is the English chatbox would be dead because most of the users would be there the whole time and also that room would be known as the beggars room since many alts will hang out there only. 

Posted (edited)

A thought experiment:

I hate chat. I hate community. I hate when people talk about their day, interact or make friends in the chat.

I can make a spam trivia bot to create a trivia question every 30 seconds with a prize of, lets say, 1000 sats.

The questions should be easy enough that anyone with a terrible connection will try answering the question or make a decent guess immediately. 1000 sats is 1000 sats, after all. Just all in on x1000 multiplier and you might get 0.01 btc! If not you can wait 30 seconds for the next one.

2 times a minute, 60 minutes per hour, 24 hours a day, times 1000 sats = 0.028 btc, just under 150 dollars.

For just this amount per day, chat will be completely unusable.

Hourly rate for this spam is 0.0012, around 6 dollars which is laughable.

Personally, I think triviabot adds a lot to the chat experience. I am a big fan of it. That's why I feel like using it to essentially disrupt chat for pennies is very sad. I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with 1 person making 1 unique random trivia for that amount. But when it continues over and over again, using chat becomes the equivalent of having a discussion in a club. Perhaps a rule that forces a x2 or x10 multiplier to your next trivia question within 60 minutes would be nice.

Edited by allisonn

a lot of this trivia drama can  be solver pretty easily  imo... im not saying for all trivia, but for specifically spam trivia i think it could be useful to have it be helt in the :"event room" or another designated room where it does not infringe on main chat.

but then again its fun to see main chat sometimes go ape shit.. then at times is annoyting as fuakl

Well, I think I am the biggest hater of spam trivia. It's nice in one way if trivia has good prize. But when someone is spamming stupid questions and prizes like 0.0001 eth or 0.00001 btc it makes me so mad because people are spamming chat with random numbers because question doesnt have exact answer mostly. So I hate it badly and I think they should make smth with that.

How about the sending a trivia as a request?

It works like posting in a certain group in facebook where you need permission to do so.

the trivia master will send the trivia question, along with the prize to the server and it will only be posted once the admin(in our case mods or support) confirms it to be answerable/legit.

This will surely stop spam trivias, and lets us all join in no spam trivias.

On 4/14/2019 at 9:37 AM, hanvee said:

What do you think about spam trivia ?? Is it bad or good ??? and how to prevent Spam trivia if it bad?.

-With my opinion spam trivia a bad image  for stake and make different member feeling tired ..give up , dont wanna talk much ..... 

- I think to prevent spam trivia we should increase trivia min prize - cause if it is a prize then 0.0001 is not worth to try tho .

That what i think ... what about you? 

i agree with you my sweet little hanvee darling .. Spam trivia is so annoying and it does make me wanna not talk and leave chat.

That's too bad because it's hard for Eddie to check  winning bets . Need to do rules for Trivia and before start the game throw to chat  link to rules , who will violate Mut 12 hours .

On 4/16/2019 at 2:53 AM, allisonn said:

A thought experiment:

I hate chat. I hate community. I hate when people talk about their day, interact or make friends in the chat.

I can make a spam trivia bot to create a trivia question every 30 seconds with a prize of, lets say, 1000 sats.

The questions should be easy enough that anyone with a terrible connection will try answering the question or make a decent guess immediately. 1000 sats is 1000 sats, after all. Just all in on x1000 multiplier and you might get 0.01 btc! If not you can wait 30 seconds for the next one.

2 times a minute, 60 minutes per hour, 24 hours a day, times 1000 sats = 0.028 btc, just under 150 dollars.

For just this amount per day, chat will be completely unusable.

Hourly rate for this spam is 0.0012, around 6 dollars which is laughable.

Personally, I think triviabot adds a lot to the chat experience. I am a big fan of it. That's why I feel like using it to essentially disrupt chat for pennies is very sad. I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with 1 person making 1 unique random trivia for that amount. But when it continues over and over again, using chat becomes the equivalent of having a discussion in a club. Perhaps a rule that forces a x2 or x10 multiplier to your next trivia question within 60 minutes would be nice.

This is a really thoughtful post and a great way to conceptualize the issue.  My guess is that your bot would get muted eventually but you could just make another and do the same thing.

:tip of the hat: