missfox

Russian government welcome Cryptocurrencies

Featured Comment

This could be good or bad news for some exchanges and miners on Russian. 
Because the policy of a country will certainly limit some of your activities in the transaction.
in this case the central bank was included to monitor your financial activities. 
Russian regulators announced that cryptocurrencies will officially be regulated in Russia
“Russia’s Finance Ministry supports the idea to limit the amount cryptocurrency that can be purchased by individuals,”
Source : http://www.altcointoday.com/putin-confirms-russia-will-regulate-cryptocurrencies

• Lame 1

Why do governments have to interfere. Do we live in a police state? I guess Russia is kind of totalitarian at times, but don't you find it annoying that a currency that has nothing to do with government, short of stopping countries manipulating currency for big business, is apparently still at governments whim , available or not available. 

Hope they don't do anything similiar in the UK, not that I would ever be anywhere near to reaching limits etc , but from a point of principle this kind of thing is annoying I think. 

9 hours ago, SuddenlyBroke said:

Why do governments have to interfere. Do we live in a police state? I guess Russia is kind of totalitarian at times, but don't you find it annoying that a currency that has nothing to do with government, short of stopping countries manipulating currency for big business, is apparently still at governments whim , available or not available. 

Hope they don't do anything similiar in the UK, not that I would ever be anywhere near to reaching limits etc , but from a point of principle this kind of thing is annoying I think. 

It is annoying but what do you think was suppose to happen ? Cryptos make banks (and lots of other business) almost useless. Banks (and other business) pay/bribe/corrupt governments. So they have to (at least) regulate the market s much as possible if they can't stop it.

Are we living in police states ? Of course. Democracy don't really exist. Russia can be the first to interfere in this subject but every country will do the same at one point.

2 hours ago, Kargai said:

what do you think was suppose to happen ? 

Nothing was supposed to happen. It's thinking like this that tolerates such infringements on personal liberty, that are part of the problem. Anyway thankfully I don't live in Russia. 

Edited by SuddenlyBroke

12 hours ago, SuddenlyBroke said:

police state that the USA and Russia does this in order to protect the money of their citizens so that citizens invest the money in the Bank!