KiXxnTRiXx

Reminded why i dislike 2fa.

Featured Comment

Hello Stakerz,

Today on this post, i will be discussing my dislike for 2fa sms.. 

I understand that 2fa is there to protect your account and it does help with security isses.. But it is annoying asf .. when i had it on for stake, when i am to login logging in trying login to stake, took longer than it should.. when it would ask me for the code while on mobile, when i switch out of the tab for stake and then come str8 back, the tab refrshes soni gotta type user name again and password ect...it either kept doing that up to 4-5 times before i can actually log on.. makes me grrr.. so i turned it off..Yesterday, i finally recieved the invitation i was waiting on blockchain after months of waitiing.. reason for it is.. once again 2fay..  the phone number on my account i no longer use or have access to which made it impossible to log in.. Now i have to wait for approval to withdraw 0.004 ltc... lol. .to wait again.. meh! Whu cant it be both secure and less annoying at the same time?.. now i have to wait agai. .. :/ grrrrroar

Anyways, questions!

1) Do you use to the 2fa option? Yes or no, please let us know why..

2) Do you belive that is it is  secure that you wont need to worry anymore?

3) Feel free to leave your own thought, opinions and exprerience when dealing with 2fa..

Thanks again. Cheers

Posted (edited)

1) Yes, because it's 2nd line of defence for my account. And it was really annoying when it was enabled for tips, glad it's gone now.

2) Strong pass + 2fa, i tnink it's quite enough.

3) Yup, it's kinda painful to login from mobile devices, but, lol man, why just can't stay logged in? xD And if you need more than one account at time, just use another browser, pretty simple.

Edited by Owly

For the safety of my money, I am ready to put up with inconvenience. We live in an age of progress and technology, and I think soon something safer and not annoying will be invented.;)

hello friend its true some time we facing problems for 2fa ,but there are so many positive side of 2fa one of them is u account may be hack but not to lost u r money,i was facing the situation two month back my account hacked and wd all amount what was in there only because of i have no 2fa that time .

there some reason behind 2fa issue ,if that was cleared ,then no issue with 2fa. 

1. Yes, I think I have 2fa everywhere, these accounts here, site accounts, work-related stuff, emails, facebook, discord... :D You name it! :D 

2. I think it's a great way to keep your account secure. If you mess up on your own, then no 2fa can help you, but in other cases, totally. 

3. I think being lazy when protecting your own property (no matter what it is) makes you look like you just don't care. So, don't be lazy and do that one additional step and stay in peace and with the thoughts that you did something to protect yourself and what's yours. :) It's a few seconds more to login somewhere, but I'm sure you prefer to lose a few seconds on that, than your personal information, money, etc. 

2fa is definitely a neccessity in 2019 as any account with just password alone can be easily compromised by experienced hackers!

I do use it because i do feel it is secure. In stake especially i feel it is the most secure way to keep your account secure and away from hackers getting into your account and stealing your money. 

I do not use the 2fa system, because I have received a few times the backup qr code, but the problem was the situation, I did not have access to the site such as btcturk.com, again asked for identity approval looked up a boring situation, I do not currently use 2fa in any way, if I already have a confirmation code, 2fa s what's the meaning

18 hours ago, Irena said:

1. Yes, I think I have 2fa everywhere, these accounts here, site accounts, work-related stuff, emails, facebook, discord... :D You name it! :D 

2. I think it's a great way to keep your account secure. If you mess up on your own, then no 2fa can help you, but in other cases, totally. 

3. I think being lazy when protecting your own property (no matter what it is) makes you look like you just don't care. So, don't be lazy and do that one additional step and stay in peace and with the thoughts that you did something to protect yourself and what's yours. :) It's a few seconds more to login somewhere, but I'm sure you prefer to lose a few seconds on that, than your personal information, money, etc. 

Irena why you gotta do me like this.. lol.. i know 2fa is good for security.. i would use it again if my tabs would stop refreshing everytime i switch out of it to get the code.. its difficult on mobile when the app is on the same phone as the browser.. :(

18 hours ago, Etude said:

2fa is definitely a neccessity in 2019 as any account with just password alone can be easily compromised by experienced hackers!

well theyre more than welcome to hack my 0 balance account.. maybe they can hack balance into it.. lol

11 hours ago, KiXxnTRiXx said:

Irena why you gotta do me like this.. lol.. i know 2fa is good for security.. i would use it again if my tabs would stop refreshing everytime i switch out of it to get the code.. its difficult on mobile when the app is on the same phone as the browser.. :(

On 4/15/2019 at 1:10 PM, Etude said:

They invented that amazing "copy" button next to your active code, just one click, and then another in the browser to paste it. You need 3 seconds and you have 30 seconds time frame. LAZY BUG!!! xD So, no excuses, and activate 2FA at least on the accounts that are of any importance to you. :P You can skip your main, you always bust before you logout either way (jk, jk) 😇

27 minutes ago, Irena said:

They invented that amazing "copy" button next to your active code, just one click, and then another in the browser to paste it. You need 3 seconds and you have 30 seconds time frame. LAZY BUG!!! xD So, no excuses, and activate 2FA at least on the accounts that are of any importance to you. :P You can skip your main, you always bust before you logout either way (jk, jk) 😇

lol yeah i am aware of that... but everytime the tab refreshes... for some reason... it makes me type out my username and password.. then captcha.. by the time thats finishes.. its too late for the code.. and have to do again and again... O_o its difficult to do so quick especially on a small tiny screen phone with my fat fingers.. i also keep hitting the wrong things.. lol fml

Yes, I use 2fa, but I think it's not so good security because a lot of people say that they broke into my 2 fa, but better than without 2fa!!! there is still a risk if you lose your phone it will be very difficult to enter your account :)

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, Demarkus89 said:

Yes, I use 2fa, but I think it's not so good security because a lot of people say that they broke into my 2 fa, but better than without 2fa!!! there is still a risk if you lose your phone it will be very difficult to enter your account :)

lol.. it depends on what kind of 2fa it has.. xD but that all im going to say.. as for me, i dont really have any reason tp use it here.. i never leave balance here.. or never have balance since im constantly getting busted by stake.. ahem.. so hackers.. go nuts.. haxor me some balance!! XD

Edited by KiXxnTRiXx | doubled

i used GA 2fa and mobile and it seems like all of my account are safe and secure, you just need to took an screen shot of the GA icon and save it to your files/usb just in case you lose/reset your present phone you still have a back up on it,

Yes but only for important accounts that have worth or personal information. Yes its inconvenient i doubt any one would disagree but it does give a strong level of protection. But its not enough to not worry about, i did this mistake until i was hacked. Accounts with 2fa got hacked, people can still find a way to steal your 2fa keys. There are other things like MITM attacks that trick people into putting in their 2fa so dont let your guard down!

2fa is actually good especially for people with high balances in stake.  It surely is sometimes a pain in the ass that you have to place a code everytime you withdraw/ login but in turn, it provides you security that people can't just log in in your account by knowing your password ( which might be the same password you use on any other sites)

Although it is like that, i still do not use 2fa because it is really a hassle for me since i don't keep my balance on this site haha

11 hours ago, blueprints said:

Yes but only for important accounts that have worth or personal information. Yes its inconvenient i doubt any one would disagree but it does give a strong level of protection. But its not enough to not worry about, i did this mistake until i was hacked. Accounts with 2fa got hacked, people can still find a way to steal your 2fa keys. There are other things like MITM attacks that trick people into putting in their 2fa so dont let your guard down!

yes, finally! Someone with the same common sense!.. obviously if it’s an account worth protecting, then by all means necessary I would... but yah, not so much when you really have no personal info, or anything to steal from the account, no hacker would waste their time hacking it to begin with!.. muahahahah. xD

I most definitely make use of 2fa across all platforms that I use. For me, the extra 5 seconds spent to enter the code save save me a lot of hassels in the future. Remember, as computers get more powerful, so does a hacker's ability to do a brute force attack trying to guess your password.

23 hours ago, williamshennie9 said:

I most definitely make use of 2fa across all platforms that I use. For me, the extra 5 seconds spent to enter the code save save me a lot of hassels in the future. Remember, as computers get more powerful, so does a hacker's ability to do a brute force attack trying to guess your password.

yeh.. but its different as i mentioned when youre only using your phone to game and for the 2fa.. especially, when the tab  opened to login refreshes whenever you tab in and out of it.. asks for user name and passwords once agaib.. then do another captcha.. it gets pretty annoying... :/

2fa is great for security, but I do get frustrated with myself sometimes because I get too lazy to go on my phone to make a withdrawal and end up playing more and losing it all. Just recently I have started to use the vault to deposit funds because it's faster when I'm playing and doesn't disrupt me as much so fingers crossed I will rebound slowly but surely :D

On 4/15/2019 at 5:02 PM, KiXxnTRiXx said:

Hello Stakerz,

Today on this post, i will be discussing my dislike for 2fa sms.. 

I understand that 2fa is there to protect your account and it does help with security isses.. But it is annoying asf .. when i had it on for stake, when i am to login logging in trying login to stake, took longer than it should.. when it would ask me for the code while on mobile, when i switch out of the tab for stake and then come str8 back, the tab refrshes soni gotta type user name again and password ect...it either kept doing that up to 4-5 times before i can actually log on.. makes me grrr.. so i turned it off..Yesterday, i finally recieved the invitation i was waiting on blockchain after months of waitiing.. reason for it is.. once again 2fay..  the phone number on my account i no longer use or have access to which made it impossible to log in.. Now i have to wait for approval to withdraw 0.004 ltc... lol. .to wait again.. meh! Whu cant it be both secure and less annoying at the same time?.. now i have to wait agai. .. :/ grrrrroar

Anyways, questions!

1) Do you use to the 2fa option? Yes or no, please let us know why..

2) Do you belive that is it is  secure that you wont need to worry anymore?

3) Feel free to leave your own thought, opinions and exprerience when dealing with 2fa..

Thanks again. Cheers

1. No because 2fa make me "not free" playing or open my account elsewhere

2. Yea that was secure enough for our account protected

I mean, you could just disable 2fa. But when someone finds the password you use for other accounts in a database dump, 2 factor saves your life. The only big issue I have had with it was when my phone reset and I couldn't find the screenshot I took of the qr code :( not for stake but other website.

I'm using 2fa always and everywhere, where it's possible! :D 

It were annoying and caused problems earlier, till I didn't know how to organize these things :)

1. Use good 2fa app. Sms are annoying, GA is piece of sh***. Moving to Authy was my best decision :D Now my 2fa is synchronized between devices I'm using (phone, pc, chrome), and I can easily reach it whenever I need it. Even if i would lose, f.e., my phone, i would disable 2fa in it, using app in pc, etc. 

2. Think about possible problems in advance. I'm not saving QR codes, I'm saving these simple plain text codes instead, in case, I would lose ALL my devices at same time (pretty impossible, huh?). I have usernames/passwords/2fa codes of all my acc's everywere, saved in few places for emergency cases :D Not in my pc or mobile, ofc 😂