Jump to content
Stake Forum
Mateusz

An option to cancel a bet in some games

Featured Comment

For example mines, let's say someone made a mistake and went in a game with too much, he didnt wanted that

So he can cashout the same amount he went in...

Could you make it possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bojana said:

Will you return funds to the casino if you accidentally win big? :P I don't think so... and this is not how casinos or gambling in general works ;) Don't bet what you can't afford to lose, as simple as that 😎

I think you misunderstood what they are saying.

They dont want to refund loses.

They simply want to cancel bet before doing anything.

For example starting hilo game but not picking any other cards just clicking BET

There should be cancel button until you make any action in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bojana said:

Will you return funds to the casino if you accidentally win big? :P I don't think so... and this is not how casinos or gambling in general works ;) Don't bet what you can't afford to lose, as simple as that 😎

No no not that :D but accdiently maxbet on blackjack thats kinda sad hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DanielRandomDud said:

I think you misunderstood what they are saying.

They dont want to refund loses.

They simply want to cancel bet before doing anything.

For example starting hilo game but not picking any other cards just clicking BET

There should be cancel button until you make any action in game.

I still see this as trying to cheat in a casino xD You cannot do that IRL casino, you cannot invest funds, see cards, repent and remember you need those funds for something else and walk from the table :P

17 minutes ago, Mistake said:

No no not that :D but accdiently maxbet on blackjack thats kinda sad hahaha

What if you maxbet and win :P Returning funds to us? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bojana said:

I still see this as trying to cheat in a casino xD You cannot do that IRL casino, you cannot invest funds, see cards, repent and remember you need those funds for something else and walk from the table :P

What if you maxbet and win :P Returning funds to us? :P

Yeah kinda you right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

umm, no.. because what if someone went in with a big bet and win? would that person then to support and say, hey i accidently went all in and hit.. could you reverse it?... lol.. once a bet is in, thats it.. there is no changing or reversing it due to that fact.. it could go both ways.. and no one would ever want an accidental big bet that hit green to be reversed, so why would they reverse an accidental big bet loss?.. its just common sense.. people would always go all in and say opps, accident... xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i don't know if this was intentional but i bet a game on Blackjack and my laptop ran out of battery and died so i played on my PC and i found the same game still running 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Bojana said:

Will you return funds to the casino if you accidentally win big? :P I don't think so... and this is not how casinos or gambling in general works ;) Don't bet what you can't afford to lose, as simple as that 😎

Very very well said.   You can’t do that.    It defeats the entire purpose of gambling.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that is a wonderful idea.    There has been so many times that i wish I could have cancelled a bet due to putting wrong bet amount in or but accidentally hitting the bet button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bmg said:

I think that is a wonderful idea.    There has been so many times that i wish I could have cancelled a bet due to putting wrong bet amount in or but accidentally hitting the bet button.

It is a wonderful idea but doesn’t really make much sense.   I would love to be able to cancel my bet as I have all in remorse all the time but I can’t see Stake adding it any time soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Paecga129 said:

It is a wonderful idea but doesn’t really make much sense.   I would love to be able to cancel my bet as I have all in remorse all the time but I can’t see Stake adding it any time soon. 

No one in this thread is seriously suggesting Stake allow players to cancel a lost bet.

If I am at a blackjack table and put $1000 in the bet circle and before the cards are dealt pull it back to $10, that would be allowed.  This seems to be what is being asked for here. 

While I agree it would be nice you have to be damn sure what you are doing before you hit the BET button, which is essentially the game actually starting even if you have not seen any results yet.  Remember, the way provably fair works is that the result is calculated in advance.  That is why @Bojana's point is such a good one, even if counter intuitive, if the game has started, you shouldn't be able to cancel your bet, and that's what you've done once you hit the BET button. 

I'm actually surprised that refreshing the page works under those circumstances. 

So to continue my example above, if I put $1000 in the circle and told the dealer "deal" but before she (they are almost always shes) dealt any cards tried to change my bet, that would be a no no.  Just like they announce no more bets as they spin the roulette wheel, you can't bet a second before the ball falls.

So I agree it seems like a reasonable request, but once you probe deeper it really isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, VvP32 said:

Sometimes I accidentally click, or am mistaken with the size of the bet. There would be a cool feature ...

Indeed! This would be a cool feature to us, The casino would lost every single profit and it would get closed so we would not be able to bet again. This feature would be abused like hell. For me, can't happen at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 10:10 PM, FotisNt said:

Indeed! This would be a cool feature to us, The casino would lost every single profit and it would get closed so we would not be able to bet again. This feature would be abused like hell. For me, can't happen at all.

I am surprised that this feature was not introduced before. After all, it is not difficult to do! In the event that a person did not click anything except a bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 1:24 AM, VvP32 said:

Sometimes I accidentally click, or am mistaken with the size of the bet. There would be a cool feature ...

I think it's very good if there is such input, preventing if there is an error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2017 at 11:23 PM, Mateusz said:

For example mines, let's say someone made a mistake and went in a game with too much, he didnt wanted that

So he can cashout the same amount he went in...

Could you make it possible?

I thought it would be very impossible if it happened, could bankrupt a site if there was a bet if there was such a thing lol, but somehow it might be very interesting if there was something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×