Stake Forum
Asscorn

How To - Make Deposits Last

Featured Comment

I see a good number of player talking about deposits being lost too quickly.  

There are many different reasons this could be happening.  I believe the biggest reason is regular gambling combined with poor management of bankroll. 

You can't expect to deposit 100k sat,  make 20k bets and have your deposit last for any longer then a few min.  Even at 5k bets it probably won't last very long, unless your having some luck. 

Its been a few weeks since my last deposit,  (0.004 btc) with no signs of having to any time in the near future.  Infact. I've quadrupled my last deposit, and that's not including the over 300k sat in tips I've sent since depositing. 

I have strict rules for my bank roll and how I manage it. Because I do this I almost always have btc in my account without having to deposit.   So I thought I would  share my plan for bankroll management, and hopefully help other players deposits last longer. Regardless of amount. 

There's not a lot to it really, the hardest part is sticking to it. 

The first main part is to divide your deposit by 10. Keep 1 part in your main balance and the other 9 parts in the vault.   Next, take your 1 part and divide that by 100 for your bet size.  (50 if you feel that 1/100th is too low a bet, but no more then that.)  So if you deposit 100k, your main balance should be 10k and vault balance should be 90k, with a bet size of 100 sat.   

If you play and lose your balance you'll then withdraw another 10k from the vault, and continue with your 100sat bet size.  Repeating vault withdrawals whenever necessary.  

Now possibly the most important part of my plan is, whenever your main balance it TWICE your initial balance. (10k sat or 1 /10th of entire bankroll) you will then take any amount over the amount doubled and anymore you may have on top of 2x and deposit it into the vault.  

The vault can be your best friend here at Stake.  Having to take that 10 or 20 seconds it will take to confirm the vault withdrawal with your email is often long enough to cool off and stop you from making any rash decisions after heating up over long losing streaks.   

You can make your own variations to my plan, and I think as long as you don't get to far off the plan that your deposits will last much longer. If you stick to the plan and have even a little bit of regular luck, it's possible that you'll never have to deposit again or at least not for a long time. 

I hope this was helpful for anyone having a tough time making deposits last. 

-

exActly! you took the words right out of my  mouth, when i was reading this all i could think was "vault is your best friend" 

but its not your friend at all when you dont use it like me =(

good suggestions.. i should be the first to folo this... but but... but...

Good ideas mentioned in your topic. The key from my experience is self control. You need to be able to control your spending habits. If you can't do that, no bankroll method will stop you from gambling more than you should. If you can't control yourself, my best advice would be to stop gambling.

xD.. this is like every assumtions other players make.. poor balance control.. i wish that was the case, cause then i could just say i was being greedy.. but when you bust 0.005-0.01 btc deposit betting 500 sats max.. when you get bombarded with 50+ reds 1 green and another 30+ reds. repeatedly cycling over and over.. its not balance control.. its pure troll.. even posted several series of screenshots cause this is pretty much what other thinks, thats its greed/poor balance control.. in most cases, i agree they get way too greedy.. unfortunately in my case, i have a troll that stalks me.. :/

also i must mention .... these phrases come to mind....

walk the walk if you talk the talk

actions speak louder than words....

easier said than done

lolol i speak those phrases for me.... not critisizing anyone else... its very easy to give advice... but taking the advice and doing what one knows should be done is much harder i think =)

well this is true that your deposits will last, but it also prevents you from winning big at certain days.

Nevertheless, I like this plan since it involves saving little by little till the target is reached. In fact, I also used this before, but before it was to tip to a bank account on stake and it was reallly effective. I just forgot to do this anymore and stopped earning altogether haha.

Nowadays, i like to roll a little bit bigger cause i'm trying to have the chances of my life where i would have that flame someday xD

Thanks for this tip i hope the deposits of players in future and mine last longer along with following this tip xD . I hope we all can stick to it and not go out our path xD 

Well i think if someone wanted to make their deposit last then they would and could no matter how small the deposit is. But come on, thats not the focus here. The focus is to have fun and you cannot tell me that making bigger bets is not funner then making tiny little ones! 

haha that's the worst when you bust a big deposit then have regret about what you should have done differently. You never know the value of what you have until it's gone, but I wish I would learn one of these days.

16 hours ago, nhoyasim101 said:

good plan :)  if your goal is to play longer with your depo then this is a good advice, but if your goal is to win big and can take a risk then this plan is not for you :) 

I agree.  You can't have the best of both unfortunately.  

16 hours ago, blueprints said:

Well i think if someone wanted to make their deposit last then they would and could no matter how small the deposit is. But come on, thats not the focus here. The focus is to have fun and you cannot tell me that making bigger bets is not funner then making tiny little ones! 

Personal preference I suppose.  It is exciting to win big.  However, myself I would rather see my btc gradually grow.  The bigger your balance the bigger you max wager will be.   Most of us here are regular players. With regular play at higher stakes comes a lot more chance of busts.  

12 hours ago, FotisNt said:

Thats a good way, but nothing is easy to achieve by having no self control, I dont have any so, cant do that unfortunately.:D

I've struggled with self control myself.  It definatly takes practice and patience

Just now, Shaniqua said:

i cant seem to folo tha whole vualt thing.... 
if i vualt it.. even if i get myself to do it.. its gonna be bustard soon after...

we need vualt with time lock.....................

When I play this way I tend to go for higher payouts.  The small ones take much to long to add up. With typically as many wins as losses.

Keno seems to be the game that keeps me climbing.  With multiple payout amounts your constantly up and down.  Until you hit a big one, and you will.  Then vault it. 

You might have to withdraw several times before you hit. But when you do it usually covers what you lost.  Then your shooting for another quick one and your back in black.  

GL

19 hours ago, Kate said:

Thanks for this tip i hope the deposits of players in future and mine last longer along with following this tip xD . I hope we all can stick to it and not go out our path xD 

Your welcome  

If you can stick to the plan your chances are much better.  Good luck 

17 hours ago, Eugene265 said:

thats a nice thing actually but myself cotrol sucks af :D

You and the majority of others.  😣

I hope however your playing that you win lots

Good luck 

On 4/19/2019 at 9:41 PM, KiXxnTRiXx said:

xD.. this is like every assumtions other players make.. poor balance control.. i wish that was the case, cause then i could just say i was being greedy.. but when you bust 0.005-0.01 btc deposit betting 500 sats max.. when you get bombarded with 50+ reds 1 green and another 30+ reds. repeatedly cycling over and over.. its not balance control.. its pure troll.. even posted several series of screenshots cause this is pretty much what other thinks, thats its greed/poor balance control.. in most cases, i agree they get way too greedy.. unfortunately in my case, i have a troll that stalks me.. :/

This is not an assumption or directed at any individual.   Its fact, unfortunately.

Every individual situation is different as is yours.  But over the whole of players at Stake I believe that it is the case.  

Although difficult to believe your constant losing,  I can not say that what your saying is untrue.  You may just be the unluckiest player at Stake.

Hopefully you can set a trap and kill that fucking  troll and get back on track.  

Good Luck KIXxnTRIXx

On 4/19/2019 at 8:02 PM, williamshennie9 said:

Good ideas mentioned in your topic. The key from my experience is self control. You need to be able to control your spending habits. If you can't do that, no bankroll method will stop you from gambling more than you should. If you can't control yourself, my best advice would be to stop gambling.

Advice that many should take but most won't.    I was once "that player"  took me aloooong time to learn self control when gambling. I still struggle from time to time. Thats were the vault is a big help  

Another way of making deposits last maybe could be done with stake help , when we deposit everytime then stake would keep 50% or a certain amount of it in their bank and that balance will be available to you only after a certain amount of time. 

hello friend its good strategy to safe your balance to brust all,if you manage like this may u won more and double u r amount so easily.another one more first u choose u comfortable payout  where the  red steak within u r calculation then u may own without headache. 

Interesting write up on how to make a deposit last longer than most I guess. The key idea would pretty much be bankroll size management 101. :P

1 hour ago, Etude said:

Interesting write up on how to make a deposit last longer than most I guess. The key idea would pretty much be bankroll size management 101. :P

your speaking alien to me again... i dont speak your language... what is....... bankrol.. man.. age.. ment?

regardless of my depo amount... i usually bet 10-25% the bet amount of the depo till i win or lose... and i dont know how to stop or when to stop if i win...well sometimes i know i should stop but i cant ughhh..

what we need, i will say this again, is a timelock on the vault  deposits. 
lets make a big poosh poooosh everyone poosh for this to become a reality.

this is a good idea but basically many people deposit to be gambled rather than save, but if it's free money the way you give is quite profitable for them, I'm the type of person who can't save money so basically I always gamble my deposit free money but I will consider this method to save money xD 

28 minutes ago, artizykristy said:

this is a good idea but basically many people deposit to be gambled rather than save, but if it's free money the way you give is quite profitable for them, I'm the type of person who can't save money so basically I always gamble my deposit free money but I will consider this method to save money xD 

no no... your missing the point...
im not suggesting it be used as a bank or savings account...

so me too... i deposit and gambling everything away instantly...

so picture this... i deposit one time for the week, a larger amount than normal (or entire weekly allocated funds at once...) then i tell the time lock in the vault to time release it for me 1/7th of the total i deposited at 5pm everyday (for example of course) ideally it would be extremely customizable, in the sense that maybe i wanted it to release or allow me to wd from the vualt 4 times a day instead... or maybe 5 times a day yada yada..... 

so the idea wouldnt be more for saving your money but gambling with it in a controlled fashion and not blowing your whole weeks funds in a  hour...

5 hours ago, artizykristy said:

I suppose that would depend on if your a regular gambler or occasional.  I'm always gambling so if I made large bets all the time and didnt ever worry about banking profit, I would be depositing a lot more often if I wasn't lucky. 

Most regular gamblers can't afford to be depositing all the time.  

I do agree, if your here to win or lose then leave then large bets are the way to go.