Stake Forum
Asscorn

Keno. Profitable? How do you play?

Featured Comment

Hello once again, and Happy Easter!!

Hope that everyone is doing well and winning lots on this sunny easter day. (Where I am anyway)

Today I'm trying to find out how people play keno. 

Do you play low, med or high risk? Do you increase bets on loss, or pick a wager amount and stick to it.  Do you play hundreds of games in a row? Do you play til you win or bust, then quit or continue.  Set stop loss?   

Do you find that you lose more then you win, win more then lose, or tend to stay even.  

When I play keno, witch is 80% of my time at Stake, this is how I play.

I play only med or high risk and usually on 9 or 5 picks. If I'm playing 5 it could be med or high risk, but for 9 picks almost always high risk. 

I start with 100k sat and I set my bet to either 500 or 1k (never increase on loss) sat and play until I double up, or hit 7 of 9 or 5 of 5. Then I take anything over 100k sat and deposit in the vault and continue to play.  If I bust I withdraw another 100k from the vault and continue to play.  

This method of play has seemed to be profitable for me.  Sometimes it will take me 3 vault withdraws or more until I hit, and other times I hit twice with my initial 100k.

I used to play with the same starting balance but with a beginning bet of 8 sat on med risk with 5 or 9 numbers, increasing by 100% on loss and returning to bb on win.   

This method has brought me a few large wins. Bigger then I could ever get playing the way I play now. However busting a lot more often.  I've come to the conclusion that playing this way is great for big wins, but highly likely over time to deplete your overall account balance(vault and main)  if things don't pan out.  So I only play this way when I'm feeling risky and have a few extra coins to burn.  

So, how do you play? Do you find keno to be profitable for you?

You need to play based on your appetite for risk. I am a risk averse person, so I wager low, bet on low risk etc. Therefore, my winnings are low. If you play high risk, you will win more, but at the same time best more quickly and more frequently. Do whatever gambling style suits you :D

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, williamshennie9 said:

You need to play based on your appetite for risk. I am a risk averse person, so I wager low, bet on low risk etc. Therefore, my winnings are low. If you play high risk, you will win more, but at the same time best more quickly and more frequently. Do whatever gambling style suits you :D

Yes,  for sure.

Playing on high risk with relitivly low wager.  In my case 1/100th or 1/200th of my starting balance. I find that you do win less winning higher amounts. But over 100 bets I find that your wins are roughly the same as they would be on med or low risk over the same amount of bets.  Difference being is that you have a chance of hitting a big one on high risk vs considerably lower big wins on med or low risk.  

I think the duration of play makes a difference when playing on high risk where on low or med it has less of an impact.

Thanks for your response  

Edited by Asscorn

Well Keno huh? I like the idea of martingale on Keno but it is awfully risky no matter the amounts numbers or your bankroll size but it can be insanely profitable very quickly if the big multiplier hits on the deeper/higher amounts of martingales.

Hey and happy easter to you aswel! Keno isn't a profitable game to me while in my total 50k-60k rolls the max multiplier I've achieved isn't more than 27x, pretty lame and weird. Your strategy seems to be cool by the way while you can control your profits but I tried everything and still nothing comes up, I guess I'll keep trying and calculating odds to see the result.

When I bet, I usually start with 1/100th of my balance on medium and autopick 10 tiles. I bet without changing my bet amount and will change the tiles after a hit or if I reach 2 losses in a row on my current board. I'll double my bet when I double my balance. Sometimes when I feel risky, I'll increase my bet randomly when I hit a losing streak. I try to change my seed every 3000-4000 bets.

I don't know how to properly play this lol 

All my lucky numbers tend to become unlucky. Sometimes i just click on auto select and then just change things up a little. Although ofc some people have other techniques like forming a straight line, making patterns etc. But all these never seem to work for me. I can't even get the 4 numbers all hit multi. xD

There is no specific and profitable way to play keno at all because everything is random and it is kind of similar to roulette , where everything is unpredictable and we can't know where it would hit. 

10 hours ago, jualid said:

I usually play with high risk and hunt a big payout, using increase on loss and stop when i hit the payout that i want.

But what happens on a long losing streak with low payouts? It can be harmful to the whole balance, in my case, a strategy like that would be like 90%risky while my bets most times are exceeding the odds and ive to make like 1000+rolls for a single 100x or something around 100x.

At times yes keno has made me some very nice profits.  

I like to play keno on high risk with 10 numbers and I have been able able to hit the x500 so far.

usually i play keno only at risk high never try med or low, the reason i play keno is only looking for big payout don't expect to be full but get 270x or 600x in 8 boxes and if i get it i will stop playing a few moments and try another game  xD 

On 4/21/2019 at 10:10 PM, ceastem said:

All my lucky numbers tend to become unlucky. Sometimes i just click on auto select and then just change things up a little. Although ofc some people have other techniques like forming a straight line, making patterns etc. But all these never seem to work for me. I can't even get the 4 numbers all hit multi. xD

I think a big part of being consistently successful is being persistent and picking a set of numbers and stick to them for at least 20 or 30 wagers. I would go more like a couple of hundred.  Be prepared to see your balance go down maybe even by half or more before you start to see consistent hits and eventually a big one.  

Hope keno brings you more luck in the future.  

On 4/21/2019 at 10:10 PM, ceastem said:

I think a big part of being consistently successful is being persistent and picking a set of numbers and stick to them for at least 20 or 30 wagers. I would go more like a couple of hundred.  Be prepared to see your balance go down maybe even by half or more before you start to see consistent hits and eventually a big one.  

Hope keno brings you more luck in the future.  

I never play keno, because I can never make profit haha, my advice is to stay away tbh, there are a few gamemodes I Don't play because I feel that they have the worst odds, this is one of them.

One my manual strategy:

I choose AutoPick & Bet. Then repeat = AutoPick & Bet. Repeating until I hit big multiplier & make nice profit.

If red streak comes, I try martingale strategy.

Risk: Medium

How do I play Keno? Well, first I set 4 or 5  different number arrays (usually I play 10 numbers).  Then I hit with a low bet trying each one of the number arrays.  The one who makes me win more time in same hits is the one I choose.  Then, with that array I start all my gambling just switching the amount of bet.  Usually I have good results in the short time but my greed is big.  Good luck.