Darko

NBA

Featured Comment

Hello, noticed that we don't have an official thread dedicated to NBA fans. :)

Share something about your favorite team or player (or both). :)

My favorite team is Miami Heat (of course that Satan goes where the warm weather is) and I have two favorite players, both were players of Miami in the past. Was a kid when I started watching NBA, liked Miami as a city so that was the main thing why I started to follow them more.

Alonzo Mourning was my fav when I was a kid that started to train for a local club, was higher than most players so had the ability to collect rebounds and block shots easily like him. His passion in playing, never backing down was amazing for me and I tried to bring same energy every time I stepped on the court. Was thrilled when he won the championship with Miami in 2006.

And another favorite player is, of course, Dwyane Wade aka The Flash. When that famous 2003 generation was drafted everyone was looking at LBJ and Mello so Wade kinds went unnoticed on the draft night. What a steal was he for Miami Heat. He went on to become a leader in overall points and assists in Miami Heat franchise. For me, he was most entertaining player to watch, ability to go to the rim and finish made him one of the greatest players at shooting guard position (MJ is out of this world, Kobe is 2nd place in this category). There is one aspect of the game in which Wade is probably the best shooting guard in history, ability to block shots.

How about you guys and girls, who is your favorite?

As I have said MJ is the one and only, natural born winner. Six trips to the finals, 6 championships with 6 MVP awards tell all you need to know. If he hadn't retired after his 3rd championship win and went to play baseball he would probably win more of them. IA aka The Answer was an amazing player, handled the ball like only few could ever, Irving reminds me of him with his crazy dribbles. Curry is one of the best shooters in history, will break all records he can and raise the bar in 3 points scored in a career so high that I doubt it would be topped soon.

As for LeBron, I don't hate him but I am usually a fan of a team he plays against. It was hard watching him in Miami, was always hoping that Wade will score more and that Miami wins regardless of LeBron's poor play. :)

47 minutes ago, Darko said:

Dirk is at the moment 6th in overall scoring. A feat that I thought no European player will accomplish, scored over 30k points and spent the whole career with Dallas Mavericks.  He is one of the favorite players in Serbia as well. We always cheer for him, whether he plays for the national team or for Dallas.

I am a fan of Milos Teodosic who previously played for Russian CSKA ! Well, I like Houston and Harden because he has a beard as well as me)

10 minutes ago, Darko said:

Kawhi is best two way player in the league. And overall I would rank him in top 5 at the moment.

Teodosic is a magician, hope he will recover from his injury as he is one of the most entertaining guys to watch. His passes are amazing, court vision is perfect.

my top 5 is curry, westbrook, lebron, leonard and and and another leonard :D 

nba as of now 

18 minutes ago, Darko said:

Kawhi is best two way player in the league. And overall I would rank him in top 5 at the moment.

Teodosic is a magician, hope he will recover from his injury as he is one of the most entertaining guys to watch. His passes are amazing, court vision is perfect.

Best of all he gives assists and can score amazing three-point shot as he did in Europe!

6 minutes ago, wilbur said:

my top 5 is curry, westbrook, lebron, leonard and and and another leonard :D 

Add Durant in there to complete top 5. :)

5 minutes ago, StrikeBALL said:

Best of all he gives assists and can score amazing three-point shot as he did in Europe!

We still need to see how will his shot be in NBA, I am hoping that he will get comfortable enough to start torching the place like he did in Europe.

Jordan's fan all the way since the beginning of the 90's. So Chicago Bulls fan too but it's really hard since those Paxton/Formann dumbass are in charge. They screwed a possible great team. Ok for Derrick Rose it was bad luck, but with Butler/Gibson/Mirotic/Thibodeau they could have done better : Snell could have been a decent player (he is on another team now), Brooks or Nate Robinson too, ... if they had put their money differently they could have done better. But i'm prepare to wait until 2020 at least before seeing something interesting there.

Right now my favorites team are OKC (like what Westbrook do last year as an individual now i'm waiting to see what the team can do with Paul George) and the Wolves (half of Chicagoans there :p) for the West and Boston/Milwaukee for the East. I just can't stand team with traitors like GSW or Cleveland but they'll probably make the Finals again even if i can see Boston or even Washington beating the Cavs.

As players the ones i like to see playing are : The Greak Freak (he just can do anything), Jimmy Butler, Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving (spin moves), the rookie Jayson Tathum, Damian Lillard and Kawhi Leonard.

MVP : Giannis or Kawhi.

I am really hoping to see Boston in finals, shame that Hayword had a season-ending injury. They have Tatum and Brown as young up and coming players, Irving has the best handles and is ice cold when it is crunch time. Miami is too far away from being a contender, maybe if they manage to sign some great free agents next year there will be a chance to hunt conference finals. Don't think it is possible for them to go pass the Boston, Cavs, Washington this year. Reality is they will fight for a playoff spot in weak Eastern Conference, if they were in the west they would be placed under 10th spot like most teams from the East.

Minnesota has a great young core, Denver has some potential but those teams somehow manage to screw it all up. Towns, Wiggins, Butler, and Teague should be able to easily take a playoff spot, even win first round but they need some experience in taking it to the next level and fighting with big dogs for the ultimate prize. OKC is having early problems as most teams that made such big changes to the team roster. They will be ok in the long run in my opinion, will be in playoff picture, probably as a 3rd or 4th placed seed team.

Boston is my favorite team on the East too. Really like Tatum/Brown/Smart/Irving ... and they are still playing without Morris. I don't know who they will recruit to replace Hayward (they have a 8.4 millions bonus to hire someone), I read somewhere that they target Monta Ellis or Jahlil Okafor (who will be release by the 76ers soon) to backup Bayness in the pain. I'll be please with any of those (even if Hayward was way better for sure).

I bet with a friend for the 8 teams who will be in playoffs :

East : boston - washington - cleveland - toronto - milwaukee - charlotte - miami - detroit

West : GSW - san antonio - houston - minnesota - clippers - OKC - utah - portland

But for the finals i believe too that the lack of experiences or automatisms are going to be damaging to some teams like Wolves, Houston or OKC. I see a final GSW Vs Cavs/Celtics.