Stake Forum
Asscorn

Foul language and insults in chat.

Featured Comment

Wondering what others options are regarding foul language and insults on Stake chat.  

I find it hard to swallow that people get muted for using a few capital letters or accidentally post a bet during a giveaway, but you can call other player foul names and insult them and continue to chat. 

If you mention rain in the wrong context, muted.  But call some one a *untface repeatedly and your fine.  

Foul language is a part of life, but using it towards someone else is not. 

Am I the only one who thinks people should be muted for insulting other players?  

Should there be rules regarding this?

Not always, what you see, is insulting. Some old players here has own stories, relationships, talking styles and personal jokes between them... 

If smth, what was told in chat, offended you - simply tell that, and I'm sure, it wont repeat. 

8 minutes ago, lupandina said:

Not always, what you see, is insulting. Some old players here has own stories, relationships, talking styles and personal jokes between them... 

If smth, what was told in chat, offended you - simply tell that, and I'm sure, it wont repeat. 

I'm well aware that not everything that looks insulting is.  That's not what I'm talking about.   However if players want to joke around and insult one and other for fun, can this not be done privately?

I'm talking about times when its clearly insulting and clearly not joking.  

29 minutes ago, Asscorn said:

Wondering what others options are regarding foul language and insults on Stake chat.  

I find it hard to swallow that people get muted for using a few capital letters or accidentally post a bet during a giveaway, but you can call other player foul names and insult them and continue to chat. 

If you mention rain in the wrong context, muted.  But call some one a *untface repeatedly and your fine.  

Am I the only one who thinks people should be muted for insulting other players?  

I know how you feel. For some reason stake chat is more rude than for example primedice is. I get what Lupandina say but I already felt like you do and I don't find it  normal. And I was online when what you are talking about happend. And the person who where insulted wasn't part of the joke as she asked the other to repeat and explain... 

But I guess we have to live with it. Most of them or reowned members and old ones. To me I have accepted that as a fact and when I want to discuss with ppl I like and respect I go to primedice..stake chat I use it for.. Challenge mostly... 

I think foul lamguage is fine as this site is for those above 18 years of age but to maliciously insulting other users is where the line should be drawn and action taken upon to stop it from escalating.

Well, there was only one time, when I felt offended because of some rude talks. I didn't leave it as it is, told it loud and clearly, person apologized, and case never repeated. 

If I would see some really clear case of intentional insulting, I would screenshot that and report to moderators, ofc. But sometimes it's enough just tell, that you are not ok with someone's talks - it might be not intentional... 

38 minutes ago, nikowin88 said:

I know how you feel. For some reason stake chat is more rude than for example primedice is. I get what Lupandina say but I already felt like you do and I don't find it  normal. And I was online when what you are talking about happend. And the person who where insulted wasn't part of the joke as she asked the other to repeat and explain... 

But I guess we have to live with it. Most of them or reowned members and old ones. To me I have accepted that as a fact and when I want to discuss with ppl I like and respect I go to primedice..stake chat I use it for.. Challenge mostly... 

In not a primedice user but I imagine that your not the only one who notices the difference between the two chats. 

I think its sad for Stake that people feel the can't chat here with respectable players.   

Hope in the future that it can change. 

for foul language I think there are some people who just joke to their friends in chat and also the average players in stake 18+ so they can already tell which ones are good and bad, and to add new rules about this I don't think it is necessary if you already beyond reasonable limits maybe the mod will silence them.

Foul language in general is not against the rules.  However, being offensive to other players is:

@lupandina gives good advice.  Since it is not always clear who is taking offense to whom, best to call them out on it.  That will often alert mods who may be lurking.

PD chat is certainly less active, which probably helps with it being less "offensive" as well.

Good Luck!

I also noticed a lot of abusive or offensive but like others have mentioned already. It is no always clear that the post is ment abusive or just a partial joke towards another member. 

But it does not really disturb me people using abusive language. Mostly those who do are poor people that do not like other people to win. And when they beg for money in PM and you do not send them a tip than they get angry.

But well, in every chat there will always be people getting offensive or abusive.

Maybe stake can add a feature to the chat that a when a word in a predetermined list is typed in chat it automatically changes to ****** or something like that

it seems that the regulation already exists and has been implemented. it's just that some people are sometimes still broken for certain reasons.
maybe there is good if this is followed up or how is it done so that it doesn't happen again.
it's sometimes not nice to hear or see in room chat. but he ... can't help it, ...
the problem now is this is gambling ... we are in the gambling world ... and people who play gambling are like that especially when they accept defeat ...
so ... advise each other and remind each other. it's better than not acting at all.
Your input is quite useful, friend ...
  I hope that you will read this post, you realize this.

3 hours ago, lupandina said:

I concur. This is the best way to be in chat. Moderators and support are available all the time. If someone irritates you with foul language, feel free to contact them or directly ask the person to stop it. I am pretty sure it won't happen again.

hello friend u r right when by mistake u done something u penalised but when some persons done intentionally and that was not to taken care off by mods.its happen i have also insulting for a cause for stopping hot discussion  with some players.but no one ban them its ok try to avoid what was not happen by mistake too.i am also muted 12 hours when i post bets in giveway time and completed i was  un mute.

Well, I dont think that there is a rule for that, most mutes due to bad language are made by mods who just doesn't like some user's chatlog or something, althought there is a filter for some bad words, people are free to insult which is kinda annoying. I guess that it would be better if there was a rule for that just like begging.

6 hours ago, lupandina said:

hahah dina.. have you met some of our chatters... xD .. if you tell them to be quiet or stop.. theyll prolly just say go kys.. well depends to whom.. but mostly likely still get the same response.. xD ..

btw ignore button makes magic.. its a public chat.. there are rules in place.. but "foul" language may not be foul for others... if someone is botherin you.. /ignore *insert username* .. ez pz..

k, they're just words, Corny. maybe chew the food for thought a little longer- rules are required for safety, and security reasons-- they shouldn't have to be in place to protect your feewings xD foul language can become tacky, and display a person's ignorance-but it's an art, part of the subtext of of communication, and language. So really, I think you might be a little dumb for taking things a little too seriously in Stake main,, heresy n hearsay.... cornass. xD

6 hours ago, Asscorn said:

there is one option for you that doesn't waste anyone else's time-- that's the ignore function. People are not muted for a few capital letters (false! maverick muted me during my first visit to Stake during a trivia where YOE77 was throwing large amounts BTC around in trivia, and post-Plinko wins.. and I used capital letters to answer the trivia question, and amidst the stream of spam answers I saw Mav say 'MoLeroy, no caps! One hour mute!" and I was like :0 wtf is this shit? - well, I get it now; but that's also cuz Mav is a bit of a cryptofascist, and it just goes with the territory- he keeps the chat pretty clean, and orderly- as far order will be imprinted upon that place.
There are always ample number of warnings to those spamming, and making the entire process very tedious for the staff running the event-- 1200 people is a crowd. tbh 1200 people will have a lot of  uh.. dummies; and a notable portion may not understand English well enough to receive the warning --

If that person is publicly shaming you and no moderators step in, feel free to just contact live support. They do monitor the chat and insulting and swearing at someone in a degrading way is definitely not tolerated and is considered abuse. They will step in a mute that user :)

We all have our own ways of how we talk to one another.  Most players are joking and not being mean to each other.  I say unless someone is cursing at you or spamming curse words then just ignore it.

People have different relationships here indeed, just as @lupandina said, but having an unhealthy international channel might not look good for people that is not used to that cause of culture (like me). Especially if the talks involve insulting race, gender, color, etc. These conversations deeply offends people who do not think the same, which must be stopped. I know we're all adults(well I'm not as old as you guys), but you gotta stop doing these and be more professional  even in chats and think through your actions.

Well we can't really say we should mute them because they can be best friends and they are just kidding around and the victim also knows it is a joke so in this case the mute is not needed but if the victim get's hurt then yeah the mute should be given. 

I think stake needs to add if anyone says bad words in ANY language should be banned, no one should talk in bad language it can be offensive to some people so yeah, what do you think guys? 

🛑stawp....:

hmmm..... just hmmmm... would it be alright for me to stop everyone right here and address the elephant in the room before we carry on like moldy old cumquats... =P

i think this thread... along with many others recently flying by like it aint no thang... should have been made in "questioons, comments , and concerns" section of the forums? but new forum usuers do make mistakes, it happens, but zomgggg  its still here, comfy where it resides, looks like no one served this thread with the propper eviction notice. 

who am i to judge though i guess.

or did shani make a premature stawp and ze plan vill bek fia on ze olde shani... i xhope not =O

I think the restrictions should be. But they should be soft ... Of course there is a small imbalance in the punishments ... Of course, it is unpleasant to read a dirty speech in a chat, but you shouldn’t ban it for emotions either.

I feel like there should be rules for everything, in that sense i mean that there can be a rule for everything, but then there would be a problem with something else and its an endless cycle. I think things are right the right they are.