Shaniqua

To appeal or not to appeal... That is the question.

Featured Comment

How many of you have filed an appeal for getting muted or banned and had a an outcome that was worth your time in writting the post in the appeal section...

I wont get into all the details at all here... but here is what i expect to happen from my past experiences and am wondering if any of you had similar cases or mentalities now or back then even.

So lets say you get muted... and its only for 24 hours... lets say that since you dont think the mute was valid is it worth it for you to make an appeal post?
you gotta ask yourself... what will happen from the appeal.  by the time people involved respond.... mute would have been over guaranteed... so.... would stake even care to investigate? would anything really be done at that point....? i dont think stake support has enough time on their hands find chat logs or whatnot to prove a user mute was correctly issued or not...  

its funny how the new system is done now.... a person gets muted and they dont even know who muted them or for what reason, at least in the past one would get the name of the mod to be able to talk to them... now they  just hide and are much less accountable as there is no one to blame... lol idk.. i dont like this no accountability business.. even when making a appeal... its a in private forum only the one who posted it will see... kind of not very transparent at all now is it...  they should make it have been able for all to see but only those involved to reply... 

anyways.... so whats your experience with the appeals section, is it even worth taking the time and my case on a recent experience or just let it go? i dont want to waste more time and energy really but i do want something to be done as well accountability wise... so im in a pickle here....

what would you do? what would you hope would happen from an appeal in the best case scenario? 
keep the convo respectful and civil... thansk.

yea you should appeal it, but you gotta have strong case about it, it has to very convincing,.,the person that will look over your appeal will give you an honest answer.. sometimes you might not like the result.. but just go with the flow,, they will be fair until something you dont agree with.. like i said you gotta have a strong convincing case in why what you did doesn't deserve that amount that given to you.. it probably shorten the time or just let the 24hr pass.. 

It depends on the situation. I would just contact live support in most cases, since they can quickly review the mute. I think the appeals section on the forum is more to be used for possible warning points that you might get. I could be wrong, but that is how I see it :)

You just need to follow the rules and there will be no problems. And if you really didn’t do anything or can prove that it was a mistake, then the appeal should help you.

Well I believe you can ask live support about the reason for mute as they can find out about it with the mods that muted you as to whats the reasoning behind it. 

I think it depends on why you got banned. If it's Self Referred Account(s) .. No Appeal will

help anyone. If ban isn't serious reason - Than ya I think it could help lower the duration or even

have ban removed. Especially if an apology is thrown in. Sometimes better to just apologize to the

Mod or site Admin to show that you respect the site. This is my thought on this. 😎🐶

All of the Appeals in the 'Appeal' section are replied and in a timely manner, and by the mod or support who issued the mute, since this is their obligation/part of our job. Sometimes the mutes are reduced, sometimes the chat log is provided there as an explanation for the mute.

You cannot see anyone else's Appeals except your own and therefore I think you are judging too harsh here. You cannot comment anyone else's mutes but your own, and the section is private for the respect of the user's privacy. 

The mute in question that has initiated this discussion was investigated and supported by evidence and screenshots. No one mutes out of whim or a power-trip, only in case we notice the problem on chat, and if the other users complain and report. We are thorough in checking if the screenshots are fabricated too.

So, in case you know anyone who is unjustly muted (in his/her opinion), refer them to the Appeal section, and the case will be reviewed or at least referred to in depth. :)

I usually express my opinion very loud here even if it's good or bad .  It never gets me anywhere usually but I still feel that if I'm not happy with something someone is damn sure gonna know it.   I say take it to the box baby! Appeal's are there for a reason so I say why not use them. 

I'm curious what kinds of things get someone muted. From your post you are claiming that you were unjustly muted but there's evidence showing otherwise so maybe you should just re-evalute and figure out what your doing to provoke these punishments. I feel like it's pretty easy to avoid these situations for the lost part.

If it was really unintentional, like you placed the discord link on chat, not knowing it's not allowed, they'll be more than willing to give you a chance. Of course if you received loads of warnings from different mods before, they wold probably twink twice unmuting you so it really depends on the situation.

I have never made an appeal for getting muted and i guess i have been muted only once i am pretty sure and that was worth it because i needed that due to my behavior that day.

Appeals are used to measure to success of our moderation teams ability to handle complex situations. The appeals area isnt that busy and that tends to indicate they are doing a just and reasonable job. If you think theres an issue, voice it and it's considered. Appeals are not typically there to be overthrown but to be reviewed by a superior to ensure nobody is power abusing or treating players too harshly.

I am yet to see a case where someone was muted unjustly, and I doubt there will ever be a case.

Appeal doesn’t work. 

Or at least, it hasn’t for me... and always gives me a sour taste in my mouth as it somehow seems to coincide with events or the like and being disabled to post is just so frustrating! 

Oh well, live and let go I Guess...

I got muted today... during the telegram challenge...

I was having a really rough period of time that lasted about 45 minutes...

I lost a huge 1.5 ETH stack that I built up from a .2 ETH gift from Eddie..

Then I got the PD telegram challenge 2 seconds after the 10th person got it.... and even though every other time someone else did this.. they were still included.. I was not :(

Then... I  had bet id ending in 7773 instead of just 777 and i also had the 3x multipler for the wheel.. .I thought I could post it just for funny and it wouldn't bother anyone cause youc ould clearly see it wasn't qualified by the bet id.,.. and i got muted. I then proceeded to actually get the challenge only to find out i was muted...

FML...

did I want  to appeal? yes... did I want to flip the f out... yes...

Did I ?  No.. calm cool and collected

11 hours ago, hustler1984 said:

Then... I  had bet id ending in 7773 instead of just 777 and i also had the 3x multipler for the wheel.. .I thought I could post it just for funny and it wouldn't bother anyone cause youc ould clearly see it wasn't qualified by the bet id.,.. and i got muted. I then proceeded to actually get the challenge only to find out i was muted...

Don't take what i write seriously but in this case it is an unfair mute again i am not knowing the whole 100% of the story but when i do it might change my opinion about it. 

I find hunting telegram giveaways really difficult as the ten positions fill fast. First time I did'nt notice that bet id should contain certain numbers and second time I rolled and got the correct bet id but in a hurry posted wrong bet ids and by then all ten filled both times so maybe I was not muted 

If you thought your mute was unjustified why would you not appeal?

Having said that.....

On 5/18/2019 at 5:37 AM, Dan said:

I am yet to see a case where someone was muted unjustly, and I doubt there will ever be a case.

Are mistakes made in muting, it's possible, mods are human, but every one that I've seen has been more than justified, even when I was on the receiving end of one.

The chat rules are fairly simple and easy to follow if you are not being greedy and trying to exploit the good nature of the site or other players.  Best advice I saw:

13 hours ago, hustler1984 said:

Did I ?  No.. calm cool and collected

Good Luck!

14 hours ago, hustler1984 said:

Then... I  had bet id ending in 7773 instead of just 777 and i also had the 3x multipler for the wheel.. .I thought I could post it just for funny and it wouldn't bother anyone cause you could clearly see it wasn't qualified by the bet id.,.. and i got muted. I then proceeded to actually get the challenge only to find out i was muted...

When you post wrong betIDs in challenges, you are muted, that is a rule.

The sad thing is that several ppl wrote appeals cause they were muted, and 10 seconds later they got the winning bet and lost the prize.

So, the lesson is = is it worth it to be muted for posting a wrong betID so that you can cry in chat "look, I rolled a 99.99 instead of a 100.00" , be muted, and 10 seconds later got the 100.00 and lost the prize?

Its your choice, if you prefer to post bad bets so that other ppl in chat say "poor guy", do it. I think it is better to win the 0.2ETH or 2ETH prize.

Talking about appeals, all of them are answered and carefully reviewed, sometimes we even include screenshots and chat logs so that the person can be sure what really happened.

A few times mistakes happened, and were corrected thanks to appeals, humans makes mistakes.

So, if after reading carefully the rules and reviewing what you did you still think its not right, post an appeal in the Appeals section.

Appealing about mutes under 240 hours is a joke anyways.... Just wait the time and stop being annoying. But filing an appeal for a ban is, at least I think so, justified. I think you just be careful with how you treat mods decisions though, they're mods or supports for a reason. They know what they do and sometimes you cant say anything against it.