Stake Forum
Shaniqua

Always double if have total 11 and dealer card shows anything but Ace

Featured Comment

people dont seem to understand,,, or at least take the advice when they ask for it and its given...

but this strategy applies even according to that fancy chart thing that gives you the best choice to make if dealer shows a certain card and your hand.

what i was recommending to players is almost like the standard strategy i just found out.

in blackjack i ALWAYS Double  when i have 11 total on the deal.... no matter what the dealer has... i will double.... 
according the the recommended  strategy thing.... it shows the exact same thing except for 1 scenario.... it tells you not to double when the dealer shows a Ace... other than that... you should double even according to the books!

so if dealer dont have a Ace and you have a 11 if you dont double... you are working against yourself in terms of odds and winning bigger than you can.

dont be a panzy... always double on 11 (at least almost always hehe)

I always double if i have 7 or below 8 but i never double when i have a total of 15 or 17 unless i am in a risky mood. 

i almost always double even if i just get 10, but if i get a 11 i 99,99% of the time double, as that is  the biggest chance you have to win i think

19 hours ago, williamshennie9 said:

I don't double my 11 if the dealer shows a 10 card either, just because I like to stay on the safe side. But I know most people will follow your approach by doubling on every hand of 11 except an ace up card.

yeah i dont think most ppl do this  either, but u should according to that chart strategy thingy! :)

Well said, if more players new to follow just a few steps they would become much better at Blackjack. The steps are so easy to remember unfortunately I think they are just unaware they even exist lol.

2 minutes ago, Babagucci said:

Well said, if more players new to follow just a few steps they would become much better at Blackjack. The steps are so easy to remember unfortunately I think they are just unaware they even exist lol.

but thats kinda my point... even with the steps outlined.. not everyone will play the steps as they are recomended =P 
but to each their own no one can force another how to play =P

I thought everyone did that .. well at least anyone with common sense anyway.

You would have to be a noob and never played or just an idiot not to double when you have 11.

of course, nothing in gambling is ever 100% before all the cards are shown : ) but this way at least you have more chance of winning more money, the cards are in yuor favor almost all of the time when u have a 11 on deal

you dont need to always double when you have  11 showing. depending on how many people playing hitting 21 is low percentage with a full table. 1 on 1 with the dealer then 69 percent u get 21.. now if not knowing how many decks the dealer has. take not you get 21 but even with dealer or you get lower then 17,,,chances are very low,,

On 5/27/2019 at 4:44 PM, nuuuitsjdragon said:

Hmm, as it goes there’s a perfect strategy table so other than doubling on 11/10 (when dealer doesn’t have a 10 as well), just follow perfect BlackJack strategy and you’ll be well on your way to being a crypto millionaire!

A7FACE92-1D3C-4F9D-9782-3BB77F72DE9F.jpeg

yes, this chart does corespond to what i said in the  thread topic initially right? you just are adding the visualization for us? or are you saying its different somhow than what i was trying to say? thanks and sorry if i got confused, but i dont think i did : )

I often do this too, to double down at 11 points since so often a 10 or face card would come making it a 21 for the win! Of course as it is all gambling it does not always work, it greatly depends on your luck. 😛

It's nice to get a read on other people's strategy in blackjack.

for me the double up option is used only when I have 10 or 11 in my starting hand, but I really like the split function so I use that any time I can (even when it's strategically not the best option) :)

The only thing I find is a hard choice is when to actually stand instead of taking another card

On 5/29/2019 at 6:39 PM, polor12 said:

you dont need to always double when you have  11 showing. depending on how many people playing hitting 21 is low percentage with a full table. 1 on 1 with the dealer then 69 percent u get 21.. now if not knowing how many decks the dealer has. take not you get 21 but even with dealer or you get lower then 17,,,chances are very low,,

so you     are    saying    depending    on    the    number    of    deck    the    odds    of    the    standard    strategy    (the    chart    above)    will    change    so    dramatically    (statistically    significantly  )     so    that    it    will    will    sway    the    outcome/choice    one    shouldd    make    to    have    most    chances    of    winning    more    than   w hat    they    sat    down    with?