Featured Comment

Does anyone think that having 10 (noob status) or even 20 (member) is too little sometimes? 

Especially if that day includes many unofficial promotions or interesting threads to comment on! 

I always thought before Hero status (1,000 posts), there should be another in-between rank for those that have managed to reach member but are not involved on a day-in, day-our basis which is almost necessary to hit Hero. 

What are your thoughts on this?

In my opinion I think that posts for challenges and or Stake promotions should not be counted against our number of  posts and also the appeals section as well oh and our private messeges also.  because those most of the time require a response but if you have reached your limit then your screwed.

i think there should be rank or level in post counts that was bit nice and more people will pursue.. specially should be the post in challenge would not be counted in our post so we can use it in some other thread we wanted to post comment .. that is just my opinion

6 hours ago, bmg said:

In my opinion I think that posts for challenges and or Stake promotions should not be counted against our number of  posts and also the appeals section as well oh and our private messeges also.  because those most of the time require a response but if you have reached your limit then your screwed.

I agree with this. 

I think the post count limit is appropriate as it is now. I don't even remember to hit maximum post count lol :D

Is there really too much topic interesting enough to comment on or just too many topics where we can comment to earn sats? :)

Also, even if you only have small post counts like 100+ posts, you can earn the VIP tag if your posts have good content. This is what separates the spammers, those  that makes topics out of ordinary happenings in stake and talk to somebody here for more sats, and those that only posts when something uncommon happened, interesting yet not made for simple conversations, and shares valuable opinions to debatable topics :)

Although I really don't know how they rate the posts, this should be the goal for beginner posters. To earn a VIP tag, and not aim to go for the hero tag :)  

2 hours ago, Mhela10 said:

i think there should be rank or level in post counts that was bit nice and more people will pursue.. specially should be the post in challenge would not be counted in our post so we can use it in some other thread we wanted to post comment .. that is just my opinion

I think we all have to agree with this too, people will post random comments too and get to a higher rank to "earn" more. But then again its not fair for us users who genuinely participate in discussions and challenges such as the weekly challenge etc..

@bmg even PM's count as a post? I didn't hear this before

In my opinion, instead of increasing the number, they could ignore the posts that go to challenges in particular since they anyway don't reward you for such comments I believe, so it's not like people can abuse it by just posting their bet ID's. 

1 minute ago, Etude said:

I think it is kind of fine as it is right now since there is the decreasing forum rewards per consecutive post in place to which actually discourages incessant spamming. :)

yes that is true... i think the system is perfect where it is at right now.... and even tho i know its public knowelege ... the last part of your post etude.. i think the less potential spammers and those only here for PayPerPost feature know about the inner workings of forum santoshies.. the better ;)

• Forum Admin

Forum rewards is the most abused system on our site. Instead of reducing the rewards and increasing the post limits, i set the post limits so that people weren't forced to post 50 things a day to get the same threshold. I did this because I didn't want the forum rewards to become another faucet where its nerfed into the ground.

I do not have any issue with this rule, If you go to other forums you will see a lot of spam and unwanted post getting posted through out the day. Whereas on this forum I have not seen any spam or any bot continuously posting for no reason. I am happy with the posting rule, but would be very interested if the team can add another level after noob and before member with daily posting limit of 15. 

Yeah that kind of makes sense now that i think about it, it almost feels counterintuitive at first, insreasibg oay to reduce abuse, but it does im sure kut out crazy amount of spam and hunan time in general.. good logic i like it

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.