Stake Forum
hanvee

What would you do if someone accidentally sent you 1BTC??

Featured Comment

What would you do if someone mistakenly sent 1BTC to you?

Would you return it or do withdraw it straight away?

If it was me, i would have to see who is that person, if they are one of my friends, or someone being nice to me before, i might send all of it back or deal with them i will keep 1-3% , it sound a bit greedy but better than i keep all of it and runaway right, 

What about you? 

as i am. i will find them to deal . for 5%. coz most of ppl are didnt give back anything not only worng send. i already got hack my wallet and than  i going to commend my balance transfered address.. that is "u giveme back only 5% form my ETH" they offer to sell it back for my airdropped token, still got  new income form my some airdropped token. that's why i want to say is not only 1-3% butalso 10% is should be. but honestly to say someone worng send me 1btc . i'm really really think to payit back really hard to pay it back is real as for me that's is honestly. :(

I would return it because it is the right thing to do and karma in life will play out later on in your life if you did keep it which is essentially stealing.

They would no doubt give you a reward for being an honest person no doubt so why not and feel good you did it in the end and not be a greedy troll in life. ;)

40 minutes ago, htetaungxx said:

as i am. i will find them to deal . for 5%. coz most of ppl are didnt give back anything not only worng send. i already got hack my wallet and than  i going to commend my balance transfered address.. that is "u giveme back only 5% form my ETH" they offer to sell it back for my airdropped token, still got  new income form my some airdropped token. that's why i want to say is not only 1-3% butalso 10% is should be. but honestly to say someone worng send me 1btc . i'm really really think to payit back really hard to pay it back is real as for me that's is honestly. :(

that is someone i know and be nice to me before, with someone like scammer, or being a jerk i would not return or if i have to return i will took 20% of it i guess hahaa

36 minutes ago, rdbase said:

I would return it because it is the right thing to do and karma in life will play out later on in your life if you did keep it which is essentially stealing.

They would no doubt give you a reward for being an honest person no doubt so why not and feel good you did it in the end and not be a greedy troll in life. ;)

oh yah ! i respect what you think ! i believe in karma too ... and they mistaken send wrong 1 btc it also karma ! becuz they have bad karma that why

Oh no, I would definitely ask firstly because no one would just tip me 1 btc and if they don't tell that it was a gift for me I'd definitely give all back to them. Of course I'd be happy to see 1 btc balance in my wallet but I'll give ever satoshi back. 

Like rdbase said, this is a form of stealing, as you are taking what is not yours. Well they technically sent it to you, but once you know it was a mistake - that's stealing. So be nice, not to expect something from them, but maybe that person will thank you with a little tip also, but I would appreciate just a small thank you too :) 

Do good things, and some day good things will come to you :) I'm sure if you accidentally sent someone 1 btc you would just love and pray for that person to send it back, wouldn't you? So always put yourself in the other persons shoe. 

Cheers :D 

It would depend on who it is from. If it's from eddie, he probably won't ask to return it since he has lots of it soooo i won't return it IF he doesn't ask xD 

Honestly, I won't return it if it was just from someone random. No matter what you say about doing good things, karma, etc, Huge money like that only comes once in a lifetime and i would love to keep it and invest on other things with it. Here in our second world country, you must know that 1 btc is huge and canbe used in a lot of ways.

Of course if it was from a friend or a neighbor, I'd surely return it though, don't want anybody knocking on m door angrily :D 

I have not seen 1 BTC but I have seen large amounts mis tipped before.  Sadly, about half the time the money is instantly withdrawn and half the time it's returned.

On another leading dice site, now long gone, we used to play the "trust game".  The game was simple, someone would send another person in chat a significant amount of BTC, say .1, and chat would see if the person would return it.  I can honestly say I was always trustworthy, but given that you admit up front that you'd probably only return 97-99% of it to a friend, I would not recommend anyone playing that today on Stake chat!

if a guy would send me by mistake 1 whole btc i would frst of all why he did it?or if its a tip .If he/she would answer till next day and say that this was a mistake i would send it all back.i am used to be a fari person on my life.I would drop my character for 8000$ , not even for 80000$.if he/she wass really fair too he probably send me the rigght tip he/she wanted to send

I think I would definitely have to keep it lol..the thing is though how would you know who sent it if it was by a random person. You can't send it back without a receiving address so you would have no choice but to keep it.

2 hours ago, GKD09 said:

Oh no, I would definitely ask firstly because no one would just tip me 1 btc and if they don't tell that it was a gift for me I'd definitely give all back to them. Of course I'd be happy to see 1 btc balance in my wallet but I'll give ever satoshi back. 

Like rdbase said, this is a form of stealing, as you are taking what is not yours. Well they technically sent it to you, but once you know it was a mistake - that's stealing. So be nice, not to expect something from them, but maybe that person will thank you with a little tip also, but I would appreciate just a small thank you too :) 

Do good things, and some day good things will come to you :) I'm sure if you accidentally sent someone 1 btc you would just love and pray for that person to send it back, wouldn't you? So always put yourself in the other persons shoe. 

Cheers :D

i have seen manytime ppl making a wrong tip and that one no return ! and even me i did manytime wrong tip too but not even big, around 10k -30k sat but they not even return too.... i wouldnt took that 1 btc if they are nice guy, but if they a bad guy, better i rainned it out half of it for ppl then i return it half ... ! that call karma too, if they a good one they would receive all of it back but they bad karma they receive half of it ! 

1 hour ago, Menang said:

I will do all in 1.01x and then return that 1 btc to the wrong sender

i would never do it ! risky !

1 hour ago, wry said:

I have not seen 1 BTC but I have seen large amounts mis tipped before.  Sadly, about half the time the money is instantly withdrawn and half the time it's returned.

On another leading dice site, now long gone, we used to play the "trust game".  The game was simple, someone would send another person in chat a significant amount of BTC, say .1, and chat would see if the person would return it.  I can honestly say I was always trustworthy, but given that you admit up front that you'd probably only return 97-99% of it to a friend, I would not recommend anyone playing that today on Stake chat!

like i said i would return all of it back of they are my friend or deal with them 1-3% , that becuz have to see who that is too.... ! everyone always comment that they would return it all but i have seeen manytime that ppl send wrong tip on stake and theyy not return anything back not even one time... ! 

25 minutes ago, Shaniqua said:

I bet you the responses would have not been the same if there was an anonymous poll attached to this thead :P

People tend to act like good guys sometimes to have others trust them so this wouldn't be a surprise xD

As for me, I don't really care if they trust me or not, just don't mistip me 1 btc or you'll definitely regret it. haha

because I once made a mistake in tipping someone in large numbers. I will return it to that person (if it really happened). I am very happy if he gives me anything as a reward (But if not, it doesn't matter) Honesty is better. :) 

because the money lost because of making a mistake was very important to him, so the reason I returned it

If it is a person who is well known in stake I'd  send it back but if it was a scammer then I'd  just take that money and rain in chat.

I don’t believe in karma and its related fields. Thus, the only thing I would base my decision on is if the amount of money involved makes sense for me to not return it. 

In this case it’s 1 BTC and that is quite a substantial amount of cash... so I’ll probably not return it! Those who say otherwise are too kind... 😂

However, if the person whom made a mistake is someone who needs it more than I do, I’ll definitely return it without a doubt... kinda conflicting lol. 

I will play some games in HiLo using a little part of that 1 bitcoin. If I am on profit after that I will send the whole 1 bitcoin to the owner, if not then I'll send what's left. It is still their money.

Let me turn the table for a moment...

If I had accidentally sent someone 1 btc then first off I would definitely try to get it back however if and when it was returned then trust and believe I would send them a fat tip for the honest return .

13 hours ago, Shaniqua said:

I bet you the responses would have not been the same if there was an anonymous poll attached to this thead :P

i know you tool it all ! even anonymous or what you stand with your own point right ! NOT RETURN !!! HAHA jk xD

6 hours ago, bmg said:

Let me turn the table for a moment...

If I had accidentally sent someone 1 btc then first off I would definitely try to get it back however if and when it was returned then trust and believe I would send them a fat tip for the honest return .

so mum you think that with someone keep 1-3 % and someone not return it back ! which one better ? 

Ofc i will return without any condition if that guy is someone we know and the good one .

7 hours ago, jinz said:

I will play some games in HiLo using a little part of that 1 bitcoin. If I am on profit after that I will send the whole 1 bitcoin to the owner, if not then I'll send what's left. It is still their money.

i disagree with all ppl that use that money to betting even with any strat ! i have meet many case that keep ppl money try to win a bit of it then lost all of it, if u lost 1 btc ,that really hurt the other one , and you are guilty forever

1 hour ago, martianarmy said:

If someone sends me 1 BTC, i will wait for his message for 2 to 3 days. If he reply asking me to return i will return. If he doesn't i will play 1.01x and rain them in chat

like i said i disagree betting with that money

8 hours ago, williamshennie9 said:

It is difficult to say what would happen in the moment if this really happened. I think I would quickly return it and try to forget about it as quickly as possible and pretend it never happened :)

ughh quickly return? then if that 1 btc really is for you and that guy would never return after u send baack then what ! have to find out the situation before return tho