Stake Forum
neich

hardware wallets safe?

Featured Comment

Hardware wallets are very safe given that you don't share your seed/keep it on your pc where it could be exposed to a RAT for example.

Just keep it on paper in a safe place and keep a backup copy somewhere else. Maybe in a safe deposit box would be a good spot for the backup. Totally up to you where to hide it.

Just don't be like me and get really high and bury one in your backyard with BTC on it, and then forget where. Still scratching my head on what to do now.

For me its 101% safe :) because you`re the only one who have access to it, so basically it safe as long as u keep it safe :) hahahahaha, as long as it have a tight security. i think it will be safe, just relax but still we dont know sometimes even though it has a tight security. great  hacker can still access to it, so idk. just protect your crypto hahahahahaha xD

It's safer than online wallet, but more safer if you have paper wallet as backup. Remember, if you lost your hardware wallet you can restore your wallet with privat key.

hardware wallets are by far the safest way to store your crypto. As long as you never ever share your private key and that you keep enough copies of you private key on written papers than practically nothing can happen. even when you loose your hardware wallet the person who finds it. If you loose your hardware wallet you only need the passphrase to restore your wallet with a new device. 

the only important thing is make enough written copies of your passphrase. Never store a copy on your phone by taking a picture of it or adding a file on your pc or laptop. Only make sure that you have a spare device like a ledger or Trezor at home. I personally have 5 brand new ledgers and 3 trezors at home. so if my device gets broken or gets lost/stolen I can instantly get back acces to my coins with a new device