oliver77

Virtual Reality

Featured Comment

they look pretty cool oliver! so i guess you need some kind of vr headset to use them? does it plug in to the phone? like are these apps for mobile? or are these apps for some desktop ? i guess that dinausaur app would be really scary for a kid if the vr looked real. 

Edited by Hoffguy

I'd love to see some fighting VR games tho. Haha

Most VR games I've seen so far involve being in communities, socializing, etc. I'd love to experience something like SAO even once in my lifetime. xD 

1 hour ago, ceastem said:

I'd love to see some fighting VR games tho. Haha

Most VR games I've seen so far involve being in communities, socializing, etc. I'd love to experience something like SAO even once in my lifetime. xD 

I'm sure in the future something like that will be created. Right now VR games are just at the beginning just like PC games were a few years ago so I'm sure in a couple years from now you will be able to play some great shooting VR games

25 minutes ago, Vladv26 said:

I'm sure in the future something like that will be created. Right now VR games are just at the beginning just like PC games were a few years ago so I'm sure in a couple years from now you will be able to play some great shooting VR games

I'm looking forward to it!

I'm an avid fan of VR games, and in the future, I see myself playing VR games even as an old man. HAHA

I have enjoyed watching several movies in VR though I had to remove my headset now and then to prevent head-aches and other issues. Thanks for the list though op.

I'm a game developer myself. Currently working on an educational software for Oculus Quest and Vive Focus.

I got pretty intrigued by VR. I noticed even very simple physical interactions, like pressing buttons and throwing things, can be quite rewarding. Every vr set has an 'introduction game' that shows pretty stuff. Oculus Quest, in particular, has VERY rewarding radio-ontrolled zeppelin that you fly around with analogue sticks on the controllers. Pretty neat.

I'm considering making a silly little space trader, an escape-velocity-like simulator, for the Quest. It would feature first person cockpit view, where you press buttons and navigate digital maps and a 3rd person view, where the camera is in space and you fly around a small spaceship (to collect minerals for example) like the said zeppelin.