Stake Forum
nattekut

highroller advantage in races. is there something that can be improved

Featured Comment

A couple of days ago I joined my first race and ended in top 30 and won somewhere about 170k satoshi. It was nice to win but I only joined because I had received a pretty nice tip that allowed me to join the race.

But in my opinion the races that are held are some sort of not fair for everyone. 

Next example is not an accusation to someone but this strategy I would do when I had a huge balance as highroller. 

As the races winners are based on the wagered amount during the race high rollers will always have an advantage and an average player will never have the opportunity to scoop away one of the top 3 prizes which are wortwile playing for.

for example a huge highroller can just place 1 bet with a 1BTC basebet and play for example 1 game of mines and hit 1 diamond on a 24 diamond/1 bomb field.  In this way he only takes a tiny risk 1 single time and he already has wagered 1 full BTC which will put him on top of the leaderboard and probably will bring him the top 1 spot every single time.

I think there could be a solution for that. I think there must be some way that there are some requirements attached to the race like for example you need to place at least 100 or even 1000 bets. I think this would be something good to add cause then you actually are racing. 

The race I joined 2 days ago I started with 0.10ETH and used 100k ethoshi as basebet and played plinko LOW 13 which gave me every roll at least 0.7x. In this way I was able to keep my balance a little stable during the race. But I almost wagered 7ETH only with 100K bets which means I did 7000 bets in 30 minutes. So I needed 7000 bets to reach 27th place in the race.... and maybe those high rollers just needed 1-5 bets to secure their first place and leaving us all behind and playing for the pocket change.

So do you think I would be a good idea that also a minimum amount of bets are required in order to get a shot to win a prize during the races?

I have never taken a race,
I think if the best solution is to set a maximum bet for example 0.01 bitcoin. because by setting the maximum bet amount there is a possibility that everyone can reach first place in the race.

12 hours ago, nattekut said:

But in my opinion the races that are held are some sort of not fair for everyone. 

Of course they are not fair, I mean life is not fair. The races favor people with huge balances. I mean if I had 50 btc, I could make 1 bet on dice 1.005x, and win the race. I don't participate in the races because I know I stand no chance against people with large balances. Not worth the risk for me.

Yes they do have an advantage but they risk too much for it too.

Even in the mines with 24 diamonds and 1 bomb, i usually find it hard to win sometimes. Imagine losing a full bitcoin with just one clck. 

Even if they have advantages due to their unlimited bankroll, they may end up losing much more than the prize they can get. I have seen many high rollers losing more than a full bitcoin going for the top prize of 0.1 and it is not called an "advantage" since they risk so much more than those with limited balance.

There does to be a problem in these races when generally the same person could get first place all the time because they have a huge bankroll and can just do what the OP mentioned they can do with 1 btc single bets.

In a way this doesnt seem to fair to the other players who want to participate in the races knowing the same player who won the previous days is in the same race and just going to win again using the same strategy as before.😐

I think the advantage of high rollers is on purpose. They have to risk more, so they'll eventually lose more. That's the benefit for the site for holding a race. For the high rollers it's a nice way of betting with a specific goal. For the poor fellows it's a way of dreaming they had that same bankroll ;)

i already mention about that in some other topic.. if there was a way where everyone starts at 100k,, and work themselves up to the prizes.. that would be good challenge for everyone. it would show who is playing smart or going for the one hit wonder., that would even the playing field,,, for everyone. having  a player that has already .4 in the bank roll can easily hit first place in seconds. hopefully they would find a way to do that... then those races would be more interesting,,

55 minutes ago, polor12 said:

i already mention about that in some other topic.. if there was a way where everyone starts at 100k,, and work themselves up to the prizes.. that would be good challenge for everyone. it would show who is playing smart or going for the one hit wonder., that would even the playing field,,, for everyone. having  a player that has already .4 in the bank roll can easily hit first place in seconds. hopefully they would find a way to do that... then those races would be more interesting,,

This is sounds interesting and fair idea. Every players start with the same bankroll so smart and luckiest player will win. The question is how stake can implement.this idea 😁

Yes, unfortunately you are right. Who has more balance is likely to be the winner by making a big bet on the minimum multiplier. People with a small amount of Satoshi are not able to compete with rich players.

Yep bigger balance sure win :D , hope we can have race for small timers like me .. even if low rewards jsut for fun ya know

if you want the bet to be limited, chances are that only those who participate in the balance have a lot of participation, while people who have a minimal balance cannot participate. this is just a race, the possibility of winning is also people who have a lot of balance, so it's not a problem for people who have minimal balance to participate, at least enliven the race

Yup it is rather obvious that the person with the biggest bankroll and good bankroll mamagement will have the highest chance to snag the very top spot of the Races.

Im not too sure what other factors can be consider but at the moment only wagered amount within the timeframe is the condition.

Yeah true normal players have no chance but they do this so that they attract high rollers in their sure to play and plau Sommer money so that they also get some profit from running these races it is like an advertisement technique.