Jump to content
Stake Forum
williamshennie9

Minimum rain levels - All higher than Tip limit except Doge

Featured Comment

Heya everyone :)

So I was wondering recently, the minimum rain levels differ from the minimum tip levels. Makes sense right? If the minimum rain was 1k satoshis, people would use it to rain 25 users 80 sats, making a lot of spam in the chat.

They are all higher than the tip levels, except for DOGE. You can rain 100 doge, and the minimum tip level for Doge is also 100 doge. Strange huh? What do you all think about this? Should the minimum tip for doge be lowered, or the minimum rain for doge be increased? Let me know :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, williamshennie9 said:

Heya everyone :)

So I was wondering recently, the minimum rain levels differ from the minimum tip levels. Makes sense right? If the minimum rain was 1k satoshis, people would use it to rain 25 users 80 sats, making a lot of spam in the chat.

They are all higher than the tip levels, except for DOGE. You can rain 100 doge, and the minimum tip level for Doge is also 100 doge. Strange huh? What do you all think about this? Should the minimum tip for doge be lowered, or the minimum rain for doge be increased? Let me know :)

Rain increase is good idea, and lower dog tip is good to , if u wanna help some one but u dont have alot coins , but same lower tip is bad, people can farm rains with alts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, williamshennie9 said:

Heya everyone :)

So I was wondering recently, the minimum rain levels differ from the minimum tip levels. Makes sense right? If the minimum rain was 1k satoshis, people would use it to rain 25 users 80 sats, making a lot of spam in the chat.

They are all higher than the tip levels, except for DOGE. You can rain 100 doge, and the minimum tip level for Doge is also 100 doge. Strange huh? What do you all think about this? Should the minimum tip for doge be lowered, or the minimum rain for doge be increased? Let me know :)

Well 100 doge is already quite high in itself compared to the 1k sats. Maybe they can lower it so that it can be tipped with fewer amounts. What I don't understand is that they can put a limit to the wager requirement to enable chatting, but they can't do the same with the tips. Something like minimum tip should be of any coin with value of at least 1 usd, 2 usd, etc. This way, all coins will be equally balanced in tipping amounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't think too much about tips and rain, but it's better for tips and rain for all coins to be lowered, including doge, to make it easier with a minimum of giving to give tips to fellow users

Edited by sheenazbay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, ceastem said:

Well 100 doge is already quite high in itself compared to the 1k sats. Maybe they can lower it so that it can be tipped with fewer amounts. What I don't understand is that they can put a limit to the wager requirement to enable chatting, but they can't do the same with the tips. Something like minimum tip should be of any coin with value of at least 1 usd, 2 usd, etc. This way, all coins will be equally balanced in tipping amounts.

That would make a lot more sense than the current tip/rain limits. It seems be random amounts. Having it normalized to a $1 tip limit for example would make much more sense like you said. Maybe they have a reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is doge.. the rain tips always differs.. i think the  rain should be based on the amount that is being used by players., right that should how rain work,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a litte kinda sorty related well... i guess its very related.. I would like to see chatbot stop tipping users like 68 sat rain, its a joke... like wtf... what do u want me to do with that kek ...

yeah free money... we gonna get a buncha those folks that say dont complain about free money.. yadaaa yadaaaaaa..... 

what im saying is maybe it would be better to have chatbot decrease frequency of rains but inscreasse amounts.....  or simple just remove the microscopic rains all together without increaasing the amounts.. .lol

i get so excited when i get it but then realize its a microbe sized rain.. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As my point of view  All tip or rain should be a min amount as per the amount according to btc.if minimum per persons 100 sat btc then same as per doge like 1 doge =90sat ,then 1.1 doge.buts its a free money any one can done as their desire amount not to forced but based some minimum amount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the current market value 100 DOGE would be around 3600 satoshi in terms of BTC.

Yes it does seems a little low but well I guess in a way that makes DOGE have its own unique limits too as it is very well played much differently by most compared to other cyptos since it is easily in round figured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Etude said:

At the current market value 100 DOGE would be around 3600 satoshi in terms of BTC.

Yes it does seems a little low but well I guess in a way that makes DOGE have its own unique limits too as it is very well played much differently by most compared to other cyptos since it is easily in round figured.

I think that even 50 DOGE is too much, because as you say, it would be 1800 satoshis, which is still more than 1k for bitcoin. Strange that it is this way, although I must say 50 DOGE would be a better limit in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess stake just did an opsie because they maybe forgot that doge has a very very low value than bitcoin and is hence easier to abuse the spam rain method again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps they should have a variable amount for tips and rain that changes with a set dollar amount, for example mininum tip would be set to 1 dollar and minimum rain set to 10 cents a person, adjusting based on the current market price of the coin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 11:07 AM, williamshennie9 said:

Heya everyone :)

So I was wondering recently, the minimum rain levels differ from the minimum tip levels. Makes sense right? If the minimum rain was 1k satoshis, people would use it to rain 25 users 80 sats, making a lot of spam in the chat.

They are all higher than the tip levels, except for DOGE. You can rain 100 doge, and the minimum tip level for Doge is also 100 doge. Strange huh? What do you all think about this? Should the minimum tip for doge be lowered, or the minimum rain for doge be increased? Let me know :)

This is gonna sound weird, but since I'm a noob. I wonder if all the people who wrote over time get this money? or those who are lucky? And does the number of characters written affect your chance to win? And there is different rains for different languages? for example I would be more comfortable to write in Russian, but if there's no rain What sense is there to write hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fikoloc said:

This is gonna sound weird, but since I'm a noob. I wonder if all the people who wrote over time get this money? or those who are lucky? And does the number of characters written affect your chance to win? And there is different rains for different languages? for example I would be more comfortable to write in Russian, but if there's no rain What sense is there to write hahaha

The rain is given to you for your waging on Stake, so the more you wager, the more rains you will get. I think chatting also helps a bit, but the length or what you write, or which language you use does not matter. Hope that helps :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fully agree with you william, I've been seeing 0.00000065 BTC rains and it is causing nothing more then spam - no matter how much it is, your still getting:

"woah"

"grats win big"

"missed"

 

- I think it's time for Stake devs to start taking rains more seriously, other sites are doing a hell of a lot more better right now for rains and coming to Stake is not worth it no more. People wager hundreds of dollars, the least Stake can do is cap so that people can catch rains if they have wagered at least $5,000.00. And to increase the amount of rain to at least 2-5k sats. Not sure how the devs could do it, but this spam is seriously annoying.

 

Either:

Do something about it.

Or:

Get rid of it entirely, it might actually be a little more peaceful in all honesty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×