Stake Forum
Asscorn

Rain. Something is up.

Featured Comment

Sorry, but I didn't say anything of what you implied. What I said is that from careful observation spamming seems to me to be counterproductive.

Other than that i can only say that if there was a way to up- or down-vote users for mods i should know it. There isn't. :)

7 minutes ago, FotisNt said:

Wow, had no idea that moderators can have access to it! Thanks for sharing with us anyways, thats a nice information. 

If it is anything it is wrong information :P (reread my two posts, when in doubt) 

1 hour ago, hui said:

Sorry, but I didn't say anything of what you implied. What I said is that from careful observation spamming seems to me to be counterproductive.

Other than that i can only say that if there was a way to up- or down-vote users for mods i should know it. There isn't. :)

hehehe yes i know you didnt say anything like what i said at all, im sorry you misinterpreted what i said as me stating that it was a fact or something. heheh...
i thought i mentioned more than a few times that what i was saying was pure speculation, and not confirmed or anything nor can it be ever confirmed in reality 
but yes, rereading the post i made possibly could have been worded differently, such as "there is no way to confirm this or deny this" yes you did deny it i guess =P so denying it is possible but if it was true, you wouldnt reveal a trade secret would you, as it would not be allowed to, thus, damaage control heheheh but no im not saying thats what it is or misdirection or anythng at all... just rambling  i am.. dont mind me much..

also i didnt use the word right when it says, "it implies..." well  i guess that one might be okay to use but i googled and the definition of the word may lead on to what i was saying was suggesting to be true, which i guess i was... but..  saying not fact

"imply"  3rd person present: implies

strongly suggest the truth or existence of (something not expressly stated).

synonyms:implicit, indirect, hinted, suggested, insinuated, deducible, inferred, understood; 

-(of a fact or occurrence) suggest (something) as a logical consequence.

well... i guess i could have worded things more clean but still i think  it was okay. maybe just damage control heheheh but nah i know this convo will go in a loop if i continue so ill leave my part as that 😃 nice banter hui thank you

1 hour ago, FotisNt said:

Wow, had no idea that moderators can have access to it! Thanks for sharing with us anyways, thats a nice information. 

access to the bot?!? wait what.... i  musta skimmed over too fast the comments in recent past... 
i shall educate myself now and come back less ignorant about this talk u all are having.... looks interesting indeed....  brb ill probably just edit this post with my rresoponse

11 hours ago, hui said:

To me it seems that spamming not only doesn't help but is counter-productive to getting rain. So it looks to me like you don't only need to be active in chat but also constructive :)

Yeah, it seems to me as well that some well thought of sentences (alongside some good wagers) work well when Eddie's rains start to fall.

I like the (semi-)randomness of the rain which rewards players for playing. I do hope this random 'extra' reward for playing won't be going away any time soon 😊

It's all speculation guys, let me sum up what I said:

• from my observations(!) spamming might(!) be counterproductive
  • nobody really knows how the internals work or can do much about it (other than devs that obviously decided not to share the info)
  • mods or support don't have any up- / or down-vote option 

Maaaybe we should go back to the initial reason this topic was created and share our experiences instead of wildly speculating about things people obviously misunderstand as "information" :)

Posted (edited)

It amazes me how much talk and debate every day about rains. once there was no rain at all. Now they cause dissatisfaction of players who can not get them :) there is no rain and it is not necessary. treat him simply and then he will definitely notice you :)

Yes, Hui, you're right :) I will share my experience: I get more rain when the balance is higher and the wager increases faster. there is no difference from the phone I play or from the computer.

Edited by AnnieGrace

Remember that Stake 2.0 has new rain rules.  Back in the first Stake rains where much more active than today.  Wager and chatting is a most and you need to pay attention to how the number of users is increasing, that gives less opportunity to get some.  Eddie is helping when make rain during races, that helps, and mods somehow are doing its part too.  Good Luck. 

i dont have any problem with recieving rains. i guess im getting a ton of rains per day. 

maybe the special secret to catch a rain is: less spam :D

im not complaing or thanking for rains, maybe thats the reason why i get them?

4 pages only today. xD 

image.thumb.png.5f016be7e6b0402a79585b57995302f6.pngimage.png.33d07f52548d3f68bb4d53cc74498a55.pngimage.thumb.png.1c981b82481bc6d49a8f5f41908eb95b.pngimage.thumb.png.49504e611422fd75e64878c5776d8551.png

muhahahahhah see the havoc that his been caused from all this!! jajaja it is marvelous, i think it is very good to have an open discussion about this thing the way we are doing so right now.
I like how from nothing things can become out of hand and taken too far..
aww ok i really did not mean to do that if some of this maddness was from my doing and comments lolik

i really meant no harm, really i d d no
thanks for the conversation and participation hui, and for the observations of course.

Interesting developments happening in this topic so far but big thanks to hui for clearing up many questions in regards to the rainbot that most people have so far!  

Indeed there is something wrong. In the past when I played I got rain regularly and when busted I got rain too. Usually even equivalent in rain of what I busted for example if I busted in btc I got rain in btc. Now it's become more difficult to get rain, altough I get it from time to time but not that often like in the past.

It's probably  just a slow time for you. It's just like gambling right, you will have good days where you get a bunch of rain and then bad days where you get none. It will come back to you.

but damn i know what some people mean... i too used to get sooper lucky in terms of getting stuff, now its a total otherway around, am lucky if i get 1/10 of em that fall from the stake sky..... ughies.. but i cant complain heheh 

On 6/13/2019 at 10:18 AM, IjazAli said:

This is the amount of rain i received today. Im using a mobile and i received 2 pages of rain. It's not the device problem maybe your preferences settings is set to hidden. 

Screenshot_20190613-224440_CryptoTab Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20190613-224431_CryptoTab Browser.jpg

Interesting. My setting are public so that can't be it. 

Thanks for the feedback

On 6/15/2019 at 6:34 PM, DarkBlood069 said:

I agree with that, just like gambling, rain is the same, it's based on luck whether you get it or not. In other words, a good day or not so much of a good day. But saying that, it mainly to do with your wager if you get entitled to rains. But I'm not an expert, I can't clarify that.

Sounds fairly accurate.  

I found it difficult to believe that when I went from winning everyday to losing everyday something hadn't changed or wasn't working right. 

Might be the same case with the rains. Just unlucky plain and simple. Lol. 

On 6/14/2019 at 9:32 AM, Shaniqua said:

ok guys.... this post that hui made... is gold stuff....... GOLD 
you all should thank hui for this comment right here.... hui... no need to respond to this.... no need to confirm or deny my msg...

however.......... gguyss......... grild.... rain collectors and normal users.. listen or read carefully now... as your wentess will depend on it...........L:
this hui msg implies that there is a DIRECT correlation between spamming and getting rain.... 
what does this mean? means if you spam a lot in chat.... you will have less amount of chances to get rain.... chatbot is not AI this is not an automatic process......
so................... you spam........... and a mod notices, warns you, and you continue to spam,.,,,, then they manually "down vote " or click on your name and click "spammer" this adds a negative rating to your user..... what does this mean? it reduces the chances oof you getting rain......

there is no way to confirm this or deny this.. this is speculation.......... however i know for a fact other sites have this built in rain allocation chance feature... that if you are helpful and constructive in chat your chances will be better to get rain... so when mod notices your doing  a good job, they may click your name and upvote you. this increases your chances of getting rain...

now there may also be a shadow ban kind of feature. where if you are really a bad userl... they may bar you forever from getting any rains, this may or may not be the case at stake but i n eveer encountered anything like this yet, nor plan do.................

i can almost certainly from my Professional opinion that this is in fact correct, the upvote downvote or similar user rating system.

only way this can be confirmed is if a mod decides to go rogue and reveal the inner workings of the  rain system in a forum that is not stake.com forum, as if it is done here, the mods and admins will delete the information, if revealed anywhere else, they wont have authority to remove it..
i wont be that surprised if this post gets removed as well........... but that will only confirm my suspicion/speculation even more and crystalize this thought in the community. 

Fantasic post.  

I think after having a good read that you are probably one of the closest to correct.  

Thanks for taking the time to be so in depth. 

Rain is based on many factors, and personally I don’t know all of the ways that rain is credited, however, I know that it is based off your chat activity and your wagered amount during that week. So if you haven’t wagered anything in the past week you are like at the end of the list so to speak of getting rain. Then, if you haven’t talked in chat a lot your chances are even lower. Hope this helps!

Nothing has changed. It's getting even worse. Today I was playing and was very lucky , had some losses etc. Basically i busted 240k satoshis today and NEVER got any rain. Only at the very end I got like 12k ethosi which is a joke comparing to previous rains. It's too bad the rain doesn't work like before. 

I never get rain....ever and its getting really old!  I sure do hear that a lot...but i'll just leave this right here..this is my daily avg btw, this is yesterdays!  Just play the game and be constructive in chat...try it sometime instead of spamming for rain

rain.png

rain2.png

rain3.png

rain4.png

rain5.png

rain6.png

TBH this is what make me confusing either... when eddie rain the ammo for the race i totally got nothing or even i got it only 1 of 10 time rain and it was the tiny one and stop there, dont tell me im not wagger . i am waggering even chatting but totally got nothing ... i dont know is change IP can affect to the rb or not . cuz i have change vpn for few time 

hanvee  you maybe wager but  maybe you wagered too long or lung ago for qualification of the nation approximation kinda.... you know what i mean hanvoosh! cause it would be sweedt if you did

I think because of too much spamming in chat with one words( lol , good luck, nice , nice hit , congrats , nice rain and so many other spamming) . I had been happening this kind of situation before but keep talking in chat at least around 10 words per sentence. ( to be sure) . I’m also playing on mobile too . That’s not depending on which device you played. It’s depends on how much you active wager amount and active in chat with long sentences 

rain is a random choice.. but it has been back to the same thing all over again.. it was not suppose to blacklist the people that has hidden their profit and you didnt need to chat to get rained on u just needed to wager.. but its back to the way it was again.. that kinda suck. because  i want to hide my bets and profits from people.. why should i show.. plus  i deposit.. some people dont at all.. usually they sit there and catch rain all day without depositing anything thats crazy..