Stake Forum
Flansca

Various Baccarat Payout, here is the formula

Featured Comment

Hello Stakers! Seems people not really playing baccarat as well, and seems people not really knowing the payout works when we placed so many chips in Tie, Dealer, or even Players! So, I made some math here, that you can use in your Baccarat Game!

Note

• x for player wager
  • y for tie wager
  • z for banker wager

The math for (Tie Wager, if you want to calculate the Tie Payout)

• (Payout Tie(8) * Tie Wager + Total Wager Banker + Total Wager Player ) / (Total Wager) 

x,y,z | examples

1:1:1, = ( 8 * 1 + 1 + 1 ) / 3 = 10/3 = 3.33x

1:2:1, = (8 * 2 + 1 + 1 ) / 4 = 18/4 = 4.50x

1:3:1, = (8 * 3 + 1 + 1 ) / 5 = 26/5 = 5.20x

(This wouldn't work if you using 0, I will try to renew the formula, please be patience :D) 

The math for Tie Wager, using 2 settings only (player-tie or tie-banker)

• I'm not really sure about adding +1 at the last calculation, or.. it was the house edge? But, it's should be 1.1%, right? Where?
  • ((Payout Tie(7) * Tie Wager + Total Wager Banker + Total Wager Player ) + / (Total Wager)) + 1

x,y,z | examples

0:11:2, = ( 7 * 11 + 2 + 0 ) / 13 = 77/13 = 5.92 + 1 = 6.92x

6:18:0 = ( 7 * 18 + 0 + 6 ) / 24 = 5,5 + 1 = 6,5x

0:2:0 = ( 7 * 2 + 0 ) / 2 = 7 + 1 = 8x

The math for (Player Wager, if you want to calculate the Player Payout)

• (Payout Player (2) * Player Wager  / (Total Wager)

x,y,z | examples

2:1:1,  = (2 *2 ) / 4 = 1.00x 

3:1:1, = (2*3) / 5 = 1.20x 

4:1:1,  = (2*4) / 6 = 1.33x 

The math for (Banker Wager, if you want to calculate the Banker Payout)

• (Payout Banker (1.95) * Banker Wager  / (Total Wager)

x,y,z | examples

1:1:2  = (1.95 * 2 ) / 4 = 0.98x

1:1:3, = (1.95 * 3 ) / 5 = 1.17x

1:1:4, =  (1.95 * 4 ) / 6 = 1.3x

I was bored enough to find some math here. You can use it for playing baccarat in here.

Notes

• If you playing tie, and want to calculate some losses that can be made if the bet landed to Player or Banker, use the banker/player formula to calculate the losses, for example : 

image.png.c2feff0d5b660e042c1c40620170aa67.png

It was 1:2:1, so

If you want to total see the lost, if it hit on Player : 

2*1 / 4 = 0.50x  - And also vise versa

1.95*1 / 4 = 0.4875x 

• (Payout Tie(8) * Tie Wager + Total Wager Banker + Total Wager Player ) / (Total Wager) 

8*2 + 1 + 1 / 4 = 18 / 4 = 4.5x

image.png.e9139f3fc7e1f0afcc60ef3d82cc5eb2.png

Another example, if you have 4:2:1

2*4 / 7 = 1.14x  - And also vise versa

1.95*1 / 4 = 0.2785x 

8*2 + 4 + 1 / 7 = 21 / 7 = 3x

ill be honest, i have no idea what your talking about... what math of payouts.... are you referring to the chances of getting a tie, or chances of wining  as banker or as player?
am i the only one lost or is it just me? sorry if i dont understand and if comment is noobesk =/

4 minutes ago, Shaniqua said:

ill be honest, i have no idea what your talking about... what math of payouts.... are you referring to the chances of getting a tie, or chances of wining  as banker or as player?
am i the only one lost or is it just me? sorry if i dont understand and if comment is noobesk =/

This is for ppl that make combo bets in Baccarat (instead of playing just in one option as Banker or Tie, puts chips in ALL the three available options).

What this gives you is the total payout you get for different combination of chips (for example, if you bet 3 chips at Banker, 1 chip at Player and 1 chip at Tie, you get 1.17X pay out when you hit Banker).

15 minutes ago, maverick528 said:

This is for ppl that make combo bets in Baccarat (instead of playing just in one option as Banker or Tie, puts chips in ALL the three available options).

What this gives you is the total payout you get for different combination of chips (for example, if you bet 3 chips at Banker, 1 chip at Player and 1 chip at Tie, you get 1.17X pay out when you hit Banker).

Thanks! I was kinda getting lost too xD haha

So there's this types of payouts as well, I always thought that practical betting here means betting on one side only or on a tie. Never thought there are different variations so when flansca explained it, I got lost too. Thanks again!

Interesting observations. I also thought that you can only make one bet. It's like in roulette you can put where you want. As I did not think of it. Now worth a try.:D

@Josh, can I know the true formula that being used at Stake (for baccarat) ? I mean, I didn't find any 1.1% House Edge in mine. Do you know about it? It would be great if we know how we supposed to calculate them. :D 

For example : 

image.thumb.png.f7b4e1b72dd8041235a4a31a3637b672.png

The interesting thing about combo bets is that =

1) when you win, you win less money than when doing normal bets

BUT

2) you never lose all the money you wagered, you always get some money back no matter the outcome. Its like an insurance against losing all.

so this is maybe a good choice for doing big bets, "all-ins", cause even in the worst case you never go out with 0 balance.

For example if you bet 3:1:1 at Player using 1K satos as the chip value, and the winner is Banker, you get back 950 satoshis (your total bet was 5K).

Thank you flansca this is very very helpful for me.I dont play much bacarrat cause i dont know how the payout works now i can try it without going home zero.

that is one helll of a break down,., to me is still a 50 50 chance game.. double up or 8x payout.. and combo bets.. wow... you put a whole lot of time explaining that,, hopefully it would get to play that game.. like i said before any card game is skillful and strategy plays a big factor.. is not luck or seed change.. the way you bet.. will help to more them double up.. or get your bet back from a clear lost but not even a tie... nice work on it,.

15 hours ago, maverick528 said:

ahhhhh yes thanks for the explanation, i understand now, i would never have thought about using this game in such a way.. but yeah it makes sesne of course now that you say it like that...

much appreciated.! and to you too flanksa for postign this

Posted (edited)

Holy shit that is indeed very much appreciated.

Thank you for such an extensive explanation with so much detailed information :P

Will certainly use it for my own benefits in the future when playing it ;)

Edited by DreamStage

I'm clueless about baccarat. The only thing I use that game for is to get wager up quickly haha

Thanks for this huge breakdown, really appreciate it. It probably took you a while to do all the math and write it down! 

Oh interesting and this must have taken you a long time to do this and it is worth it i guess because this will help players who go for all the options not only one of them

1 hour ago, Kate said:

Oh interesting and this must have taken you a long time to do this and it is worth it i guess because this will help players who go for all the options not only one of them

Yeah, I just discovered this only like 15 minutes xD , mixing some possibilities and some math here.

Anyway, already added some guide if you want to total the lose if you wagering on tie, it is vise versa, if you want to calculate the tie/dealer/player losses with various base bets.

thank you for the formula,
this will really help me because I really want to know how to calculate profits in baccarat it turned out that the formula was pretty confusing, a baccarat game would be very interesting if we understood it. but it will be very bad if you bet and you do not understand how to calculate the profit.

On 6/14/2019 at 6:04 PM, Flansca said:

@Josh, can I know the true formula that being used at Stake (for baccarat) ? I mean, I didn't find any 1.1% House Edge in mine. Do you know about it? It would be great if we know how we supposed to calculate them. :D 

For example : 

image.thumb.png.f7b4e1b72dd8041235a4a31a3637b672.png

The payouts/probabilities for Baccarat (all Baccarat games, not just ours) can be seen here:
https://wizardofodds.com/games/baccarat/basics/#toc-Odds
Check out the Infinite Decks section.
You could say the edge sorta' varies slightly depending on what fields you bet on. But a single bet on "Banker" or "Player" is ≈1%, single bet on "Tie" is actually higher. If you bet on both "Banker" and "Player" you basically just "pay" 1% over time.

I honestly didn't know all of this info on Baccarat.  Thank you very much for the post and really breaking down in so much detail.  Maybe by understanding all of the math involved, I'll have a better shot if and when I try it again....

Very interesting and thank you flansca for providing this nice guide to the multiple payout actually available for Baccarat that I did not even initially know of. :o

I always thought that practical betting here means betting on one side only or on a tie. Never thought there are different variations so when flansca explained it, I got lost too. Thanks!