Stake Forum
Darko

NBA off season 2019

Featured Comment

Lakers have a good lead on getting kawhi on board.. if he asked to have a meeting with Magic Johnson,,, and remember he step down in being the prez of the organization.. meaning he has no say so in who to recruit.. but Kawhi wanted to meet with him.. not current prez or the owners of the team. but him first.. what do that mean. It means there is serious thought for him joining with the lakers.. even the lakers called on Magic and ask him to meet with Kawhi.. what ever the meeting was about.. clippers and the raptors..better have a great deal on the table or answer the questions that Kawhi might have.. to convince him to decide on them instead. few more days we get our answer..

Last night in NBA was eventful. Leonard announced that he will sign with Clippers after they agreed to trade for one more star. So they did just that and sent bunch of picks and Alexander and Galinari for PG13 from OKC. Apparently there were some issues between PG and Westbrook that pretty much was known thing in NBA circles. The Claw signed 4 year deal and is coming back to his home town. Jerry West has proven to be the best GM in the business as he created GSW dynasty as he joined them in 2011 and you all know how that ended. He made some moves when he joined Clippers in order to clear cap space and sign some superstar and he did it within 2 years of joining. Will see if they are able to go to the Finals again which I consider really possible if Leonard and PG are healthy.

Lakers are about to sign Danny Green and are still in the market for players to fill their roster. Being rejected 2 years in a row, first by PG13 and now by Leonard must hurt a lot, even more that PG went to Clippers now. Similar to that is the Knicks who planned on getting Zion in draft and signing Irving and KD but they are like 20-30 minutes away now in the same city on another team. :) 

remember before the lebrn deal was made there were 2 players that wanted to be in La and play for a LA team., Well those 2 got their wish,, to me it looked like kawhi and PG wanted to play together but on the low key.. like you mention Danny Green is gonna be a good pick up.. there are other free agents that hasn't been signed, because of injury.. Pau Gasol seems to be ready to get back to the court. having a vet center like gasol sign for a year contract.. can test out how these players.. kawhi pg green beverly play together.. even though the lakers didn't sign kawhi.. they can focus to fill up the roster..there is still vets and young talent they can groom to become a contender for the west.. living in LA my self is gonna be a good rivalry for the next couple years. 

Romdo and Boogey cousins just became lakers.. they are actually what many expected getting the players and the experience they  need for the team.. Defensive side is gonna be questionable.., but im liking  how the line up id shaping up to be// witgh green also. the rotation for these players looks to be fitting for each of them.. now summer league is up and play.. then preseason then season.. western conference is very dangerous to play at... cant wait.. 

with the recent updates and the line-up might be like this for the Lakers.,.well im predicting the starting 5. pg rondo, sg.green, sf lebron. pf AD.. center.cousins,. for secondary,, pg cook. sg, pope, sf,, dudley pf kuzma center Mcgee.,.. the rotation cannot be any better.. 2 super stars.. having rondo and cousins back together is also a big factor.. having green also.,, this lineup 3 of them in which won a championship.. and 2 that wants to be champions for the  first time.. can actually happen in this coming up season.. this laker team have vets that knows what it takes to become champs.. and they have hungry players that wants it more. i can say this team will be a contender for the western conference.. But.. i have to say this. As long everyone is healthy and not get injured during the season.. the chance of them becoming champs is really high,.. Kawhi and the clipppers.. this season will be the one that will label who is the greatest of all time.. 

Heard rumors that LeBron will be playing at PG position this season mostly so that Kuzma stays in starting lineup. Having Rondo, Davis and Cousins feels like having New Orleans from two years ago. They will do good this year, only issue that they can have are injuries to main players, LeBron is older, Davis and Cousins are prone to them now so that could pretty much stop their run to the Finals.

Clippers have awesome squad as well with a lot of depth, two superstars, defensive pests like Beverly and Harckles, awesome second unit with Lou and Harrel and of course great coach. They are early favorites in my book, will see how they all manage playing minutes and if injuries of course avoid them they look like at least West Finals team. :)

OKC is falling apart, trying to trade Westbrook and Adams right now. Miami is reportedly interested in Russ which is not a good choice as a team with Westbrook needs to have lots of shooters to spread the floor, Heat is really low on those. PG is better shooter then Butler and even with him Westbrook struggled and went out in 1st round of playoff. Hoping that Heat passes on him really. :)

it does look like the pelicans line up all over again,, but forgetting one fact instead of 1 person that won the championship they got mcgee green rondo lebron 4 vets.. and with rondo  AD and cousins. those three knows how to play together so lebron  wont need to do anything as much as he needed to in the past.. everything has fallen to place.. is just the injuries clippers or lakers.. if both team can avoid injuries expect a LA showdown western conference.. I live in LA county.. is going to be war damn.. 

Oh yeah, I don't see other teams pushing them out of top two spots at the moment and they look like they are bound to meed in the Conference Finals.

And we just received a news from Woj, Westbrook got traded to Houston for Chris Paul and couple of picks. That is much better fit that Miami Heat that was mentioned earlier as Rockets are team filled with shooters. Of course I expect them to fail at first or second round in playoffs regardless of this move. :) 

omg.. westbrook went where.. he back with harden.. now you have to egotistic players in one squad. i dont think westbrook wants to play as a supporter player to harden.. and vice versa. expect to  have more drama with that team then any soap opera.. but if they can keep their egos in check and play the game like they use to in okc.. that is another duo for sure would be dangerous in the west conference.. ofc they wont past the first or second round,, but i wont be surprise if they are part of the top 3.. king james and AD .. number 2 and pg13.. Harden and West Step and green,.. 4 teams with 2 major stars. well green is there cause klay might be out for the season.. 1-4 top.. all 4 teams have great supporting cast.. yes is crazy so say but is facts.. western conference  finals is the real championship game.. who ever wins that conference.. no question ask they will win the finals..

Yeah, it looks like that will be the major thing for them now - to find a way to work together. When they were in OKC Harden was 6th player, coming off the bench. Now he is the most dangerous iso player in the league. Still think it will be LA teams for the tittle with Bucks/76ers in the East looking like solid candidates for Finals.

But it looks like we are in for the most interesting season in the last 10 years, actually since LeBron and Bosh went to Miami. There aren't any super teams that are way above the rest of the league. A lot of teams have 2 superstars or is relying on one superstar and couple great players. Can't wait for it to start.

Heard a rumor that Paul might be going to Heat to play with Butler but still unsure who will Miami send to OKC in return, maybe Dragic and some picks as I know they are avoiding sending Adebayo, Hero and Winslow. :)

very surprise you got bucks and 76ers.. i was thinking more of the pacers or Boston and even long shot  Piston or another long shot the heats.. if chris paul goes to play with butler.. again those last 2 is a long shot because both teams are maybe 1 key player away to be a strong contender... or needs  a player to come off the bench to play that major role.. d rose and griffin and like i said if heats do get him.. paul amd butler.. all four can score.. but paul and d rose.. can actually control the pace of the game when needed.. blake is still strong in the inside and practicing his shooting.. butler is all around player.. he is a dangerous man when he is off the ball.. that will actually make him conserve energy and just spots up for a shot.. chris paul court vision is ridiculous and will find butler anywhere in the court.. a season without KD eastern conference is pretty much a toss up.. 

I went with Bucks or 76ers cause they were nearly there this year and are stronger then last year, will see how they will get along in Philly but the defensive part of the team is off the chart. Bucks have reigning MVP and only lost Brogdon so they should be among top teams in the league again. Boston lost Horford, Irving, Rozier and Marcus Moris and addition of Kemba and Kanter are not enough to make me think they can go further then round 2 again. As for Pacers it will depend on how will Oladipo look like after getting back from injury, still think that they can be in 2nd round of playoffs.

Detroit depends on Blake and Rose, both guys that get injured a lot so they are a long shot for anything serious. Miami lacks quality players around Butler, they have talented center in Bam and rookie Hero looks awesome in summer league. Still it feels like they require bit more to contend. Brooklyn had awesome story with Russel and rest of the guys but they got improvement in Irving over DLo so it will be interesting to see how they will play with addition of DeAndre Jordan. KD may be back before the season ends but it will a question on how he will look at that moment after almost year long break. Toronto without Kawhi is just a good solid team, don't see them going back to the end this season.

That is pretty much why I am still thinking that Bucks will be in Finals this year. And if healthy 76ers can challenge them nicely. Others seem to be at least one step weaker.

well i can i say we strongly agree.,.. on 1 thing.. with the teams both eastern and western conferences.. with the dou stars .. and yes both east and west has 2 major stars.. in each team.. not the big 3.. like lebron wade and bosh.. or step Kd and klay..  is going to be surprising how these teams will work out,.and  if they stay HEALTHY AND NO INJURIES during pre or during the season.. these playoffs are bound to one hell of season to the top.. and yes ive checked all home games for the lakers vs clippers.. not surprised the prices of nosebleeds 400 plus... guess watching those games in the sports bars again.. dangit. 

Will make new topic once most teams complete rosters for new season, probably around end of September or start of October. It certainly looks like the closest season in this decade, no clear favorites at all. I can't even tell you who will make playoffs in the West, have couple teams that are certain but several positions are up for grabs. Injuries might determine those teams though but I will do my best to predict them accurately. :) 

Still waiting to see what will happen with Chris Paul, he has one of the worst contracts in the NBA as he gets injured often and is owed 124 millions for next 3 seasons. Unsure if he can get buyout from OKC and then sign elsewhere as free agent. That would allow him to join Lakers and LeBron and compete for the tittle as clear favorites.

that would be really awesome to see and probably by then the sports betting will be ready by then.... man too bad  not many players really into basketball like this..at least there were something new in the forum to actually have a conversation of some sort that you really know your basketball and your analytic observation is spot on.. i could learn few things.. probably agree or disagree at some points.of view... hopefully i do see it one day.. it was pretty cool chatting about basketball Darko.. see ya around..