Stake Forum
cointikka

Facebook will launch its Cryptocurrency wallet in 2020

Featured Comment

It's official now!!

Facebook announces Libra digital currency and launches Calibra wallet — here are all the details -

https://www.engadget.com/2019/06/18/facebook-calibra-libra-cryptocurrency-digital-wallet/?fbclid=IwAR2HtAknkE2mT9VhYeuRYzoiH3UWqDydEP2wDYBghYB2AlpMQIem8iGsGZk

On one hand, the world is adopting. On the other hand, Third world countries, government are coming out with policies to ban Cryptocurrency.

Oh so that is great news so it is just like 6 months away which is the nice part and cant wait for it to be released and be accepted by ever single site out there xD

I'll definitely invest in this! This coin has super bright future ahead of it I can tell.

Although sad to say, but @wry is updating us with it everytime, so maybe the two topics can be merged?

I'm a Libra.......

libras.thumb.png.d8debbdb779839fbe2d386d9bf28dff6.png

Seriously though, many people around the crypto community are immediately turned off by this because of Facebook's involvement. I won't get into the technicalities of this or why people should refrain from voicing opinions on topics before they have read the available documentation. However, I will say that even though Calibra is not really a cryptocurrency but more of a digital currency that fully relies on banks to exist, the Libra project will bring a large amount of interest into what currency is. Anything that challenges the status quo, in my opinion, deserves applause. Although I am no fan of Facebook, I give respect where respect is deserved. Way to shake up the system there, Zucky.

i hear its very similiar to eth and ripple. but it does not really have a blockchain. 

I dont like it mainyl because its coming out of facebook and facebook is notorious for collecting and selling peoples personal information. i dont respect or trust a company like that. much less their crypto coin. 

7 minutes ago, blueprints said:

i hear its very similiar to eth and ripple. but it does not really have a blockchain. 

I dont like it mainyl because its coming out of facebook and facebook is notorious for collecting and selling peoples personal information. i dont respect or trust a company like that. much less their crypto coin. 

You're being so true on the second part, Facebook, which had problems of selling peoples personal information, is going to do a cryptocurrency. As we know, cryptos should be an anonymous way to transfer money /buy/sell. Which may not be the case for Facebook.

18 hours ago, ceastem said:

I'll definitely invest in this! This coin has super bright future ahead of it I can tell.

Although sad to say, but @wry is updating us with it everytime, so maybe the two topics can be merged?

While the posts are not always focused on wallet, the topic is, so I've left them separate for now.  We'll see how things unfold.  Besides people might accuse me of bias if I merged this one into my thread and I'm not merging mine into this one due to the wallet focused title.

I'm very interested to see how this facebook coin will do.

One one hand facebook is a very popular social media site that can give a whole new light to crypto and that will be great.    On the other hand its facebook and I'm not a fan of facebook, need i say more.

This is very interesting news and I will definitely want to pay close attention to this Facebook endorsed Libra coin now. :D

if they going to ban crypto currency they will have to ban the whole internet.. from their country,,or have it controlled like the north koreans where they control the contents o everything.. most countries will not follow that example. because they know the people will have a big say on it.. 

On 6/24/2019 at 1:56 PM, blueprints said:

This is what I thought, zuck fuckerberg, and his ideas. xD -- it might be useful as a marketing currency- which is likely what they have in mind, re: libra/scales/trade.

Facebook says Libra is the first project in the world to create an affordable social digital currency. The goal is stated the brightest - to provide financial services to those people who do not have a bank account. In addition, Libra should be an effective, safe and profitable tool for transferring money abroad: the sender sends money in this currency, and the recipient receives it in it, without any conversion losses. And I do not believe that it will be so easy ... Be sure there will be reefs ....

its not a crypto currency is the legit opposite of decentralized and the opposite of helping privacy. Its made so they can control and monitor  your spendings

I agree with peel1, This is not the concept of cryptocurrency that should be adopted. This is not decentralized and is the exact opposite of helping your privacy. If they wanted to decentralize it they wouldn't have partnered with several other companies to launch it. That being said it is neat that large organizations like Facebook etc. are adopting crypto and getting there heads in the game. Soon enough the countries that have placed bans/laws against crypto will undo those. Imo anyway.

On 7/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, peel1 said:

its not a crypto currency is the legit opposite of decentralized and the opposite of helping privacy. Its made so they can control and monitor  your spendings

On 7/9/2019 at 3:30 PM, Enzo said:

I agree with peel1, This is not the concept of cryptocurrency that should be adopted. This is not decentralized and is the exact opposite of helping your privacy. If they wanted to decentralize it they wouldn't have partnered with several other companies to launch it. That being said it is neat that large organizations like Facebook etc. are adopting crypto and getting there heads in the game. Soon enough the countries that have placed bans/laws against crypto will undo those. Imo anyway.

Guys, you can relax. Calibra is not a cryptocurrency. It's a digital currency. It isn't even in the real of what cryptocurrency is about. Andreas Antonopoulos said something along the lines of, It's going to come down to a choice between State controlled currency, Corporate controlled currency, and the currency controlled by the people. Well, from where I sit, there are a lot more people than there are states and companies. Furthermore, states and companies require compliance by the people to even exist. Just something to think about.

Well done !!!! Now they will know for sure what you are spending your money on, that you are interested and will sell you the most desired product + credits will be delivered in two clicks;)
Taxes? new state in the network)))) In fact, Zucker reevaluated Webmoney, only instead of wrappers for 'title characters' there will be crypto-fantasy title characters, and even with a floating course.And all the charms, like blocking transfers and accounts at the request of the left heel of some pubertal chorma from arbitration

49% of Americans and Brits don’t trust Facebook’s Libra. I will not attach the link. I'm afraid, I will be banned. Libra is just another one digital currency, so it can be attributed to cryptocurrencies as well as PayPal's dollars to Bitcoin. Why is everyone so worried that Zuckerberg can make "some more" money?

On 7/23/2019 at 7:02 AM, NosotroBosotro said:

49% of Americans and Brits don’t trust Facebook’s Libra. I will not attach the link. I'm afraid, I will be banned. Libra is just another one digital currency, so it can be attributed to cryptocurrencies as well as PayPal's dollars to Bitcoin. Why is everyone so worried that Zuckerberg can make "some more" money?

WHy would you be banned for sharing a link within a thread requiring context to the statement? xD

Or maybe it wont.  In an interesting update, Facebook had to acknowledge that it might not be able to launch Libra or may decide it doesn't want to.  It did so in a recent SEC filing.  While those often have a lot of boilerplate that things might not work out, the part about the expense of supporting the consortium seemed a bit odd.

Link:  https://www.coindesk.com/facebook-libra-might-not-ever-launch-concedes-firm

That is good news eventually all have to adopt the crypto in some point of time so we have to just wait till that who ever adopt quick get good benefits who ever late get less . but it will clear that in some day every one use crypto