Stake Forum
cointikka

Facebook will launch its Cryptocurrency wallet in 2020

Featured Comment

On 7/25/2019 at 11:37 AM, BLXN said:

WHy would you be banned for sharing a link within a thread requiring context to the statement? xD

It's better to ask about this admins/moderators of forums.

Can someone explain to me why there is so much euphoria around this Libra? After all, Gam of Durov is much more interesting and will be already released this fall.

This is going to be big and will probably change the cryptocurrency market forever. Do you think it could be more popular than bitcoin? I think there is possibility! The main reason is easy access to the coin. Everyone who has facebook account will also have Libra's wallet, so this way you won't need to create special wallet you can just access it via simple click. People will be able to make payments in facebook so easy like today they chat or send comments or content on their walls. They will be able to pay for services or send money to friends. Maybe some small businesses will make payments via facebook as their main source of payment. Very interesting idea, however we know that facebook doesn't respect privacy of its users. My main concern is security. I think they will want to know what we are paying for ;) so they will probably create some mechanism that will control every aspect of the currency which is kinda scary because not only people give their personal information and pics to facebook but now they will also give them their monetary transactions. Facebook will become even more powerful.

Be careful when you register for make a libra wallet maybe they will collect your data and use it for their business. Overall I don't think libra will be competitive as Bitcoin all we know at this time.

On 8/6/2019 at 6:55 AM, wngo123 said:

This is going to be big and will probably change the cryptocurrency market forever. Do you think it could be more popular than bitcoin? I think there is possibility! The main reason is easy access to the coin. Everyone who has facebook account will also have Libra's wallet, so this way you won't need to create special wallet you can just access it via simple click. People will be able to make payments in facebook so easy like today they chat or send comments or content on their walls. They will be able to pay for services or send money to friends. Maybe some small businesses will make payments via facebook as their main source of payment. Very interesting idea, however we know that facebook doesn't respect privacy of its users. My main concern is security. I think they will want to know what we are paying for ;) so they will probably create some mechanism that will control every aspect of the currency which is kinda scary because not only people give their personal information and pics to facebook but now they will also give them their monetary transactions. Facebook will become even more powerful.

Agree, that's dangerous. That's why you should keep an eye on Telegram. Telegram is safe and decentralised. They never keep your data. 

And now looks like Walmart will create their own cryptocurrency in order to "fight" against Libra, is that what they said.  A cryptocurrency created by Walmart clearly will increase the mass adoption that the ecosystems needs.  This will bring, together with Libra from Facebook a great path for bitcoin to be mainstream and will probably bring a bad season for most altcoins.  We as cryptocoiners should be very strict in order to do our research when we like to invest in trading sites.  Many altcoins will disappear and whit them our investment.  Always do a strong DYOR and invest wisely everytime you can.  

This news is great, if Facebook launches their coin, then I will definitely be a loyal fan of this coin. Facebook is now a famous social network in the world. If the Facbook's coin was born, this could have a good effect on the crypto world