Shaniqua

Hmm interesting...Stake changed its VPN policy? Or self contradicting?

Featured Comment

i just saw a vpn post thingy from stake i think it was, a tweet, by stake twitter account!  

this is confusing... as i remember reading somewhere on the site, even though i couldnt find it anymore... but i just did quick look, i didnt dig.... i remember reading that VPN usage was not allowed while using stake...

so im assuming this policy has officially changed? Well i think it should have been changed long ago anyways if that is the case, as everyone essentially used one anyway, well not all but a big chunk of them.
either way,.. if anyone can find that little piece of info,  about the vpn usage being frowned upon or not allowed, post it here!! im curious what stake staff is gonna say 😃

either way its interesting indeed! did any of you all notice this tweet and or even know that VPN was not allowed at one pooint or maybe even still isnt allowed xozmmgmggg

lol...

I'm pretty sure the VPN policy has been in place for a long time now. Especially because countries such as the US made it a point to affirms its ban on unlicensed online gambling when crypto first made its run in 2017.

I was wondering about the exact same thing after reading the post!

They said that since VPNs can be used, some people can easily refer themselves, farm the faucet, etc. I don't know if they fixed it already or something, but I think that they already found a way how to counter it?

I had a quick read over that post, which just explained the importance of using a VPN. I am not too sure if using a VPN is allowed on Stake, I can't actually remember if it was mentioned in the terms and conditions...

If vpn was not allowed it would be part of the rules.. and would have been mention when they ask to read it.. i read the rules. not read but scan through it and nothing mention using vpn... without vpn i can say stake customers would be a lot less then it is right now.. i can probably even say ,more then half of the players here use vpn.. even from countries that bans any type of online gambling.. if there were a rule or policy,, there would be a good chance it will still be a rule every player would avoid..

In connection with permitting the use of a VPN, abuse of this may begin. Beggars can create a bunch of accounts and under different IP. Although I think Stake knows what he is doing and there are methods for dealing with this.

Yup it is official VPN is officially being introduced to stake steve has made a post himself . So i guess VPN will be unbanned from using on stake i fuess.

The message is about the importance of a VPN in terms of safety, that's what I got from the message. In terms of Stake rules on VPN I assume it's a "don't ask, don't tell' policy. As @polor12 mentioned, if stake did ban vpns they would lose half there customer base. But people don't just use vpns to bybass restrictions, they do legitimately protect you from potential hackers.

I was unable to find anything that strictly stated that using a VPN was not allowed on Stake.  I'm pretty confident Stake has a way to figure if it's being used to abuse Stake rules or policies, farming, etc.  At least, I would surely hope so.... either way the article is a great read and very informational.

10 hours ago, ceastem said:

They said that since VPNs can be used, some people can easily refer themselves, farm the faucet, etc. I don't know if they fixed it already or something, but I think that they already found a way how to counter it?

IP addresses identify you online, but there’s another layer of identification that most people don’t know about. There’s a label assigned to every device that can be exploited to track its location, and it’s called a MAC address....i've tested it long ago using two different vpn's and the ref didnt work because i was using the same PC regardless of VPN

I didn’t know VPN was ever banned from Stake as I certainly have used it before (sometimes by accident) without much issues.

Browser Fingerprinting is probably a core part of why there isn’t much reliance on IP detection anymore... and not to mention way more accurate   and difficult, if not impossible to work around without giving yourself a hard time.

On top of that Fingerprinting doesn’t reveal personal details but can easily let you know how ‘unique’ an identity is - the perfect tool for any websites actively seeking protection from abuse lol.

some people can easily refer themselves, farm the faucet, etc.

For sure you can't farm the faucet. You would need to transfer money from one account to another and they would instantly seen i and ban you. I remember when faucet was 1000 satoshi some people tried to do that and were banned. i don't think someone would do it when faucet is 1 satoshi lol

yeah I don't think stake actually cares one way or the other if you're playing from a country that's outlawed bitcoin gambling but put the warning just so they don't get into any actual trouble. The governments are just mad they're not getting tax from your winning anyways so screw them lol.

Posted (edited)

So, is it allowed to use VPN on stake ? I hope it is, because I am always using vpn. It's very important for me, as it guarantees me a safe connection. Thanks to it I can freely surf on the internet, and it's really nice. There are a lot of hackers, and once I have suffered a lot because of them. Fortunately, one of my friends recommended me to read some information from this site https://vladtalks.tech/vpn/how-to-use-a-vpn. Since then I had no problems at all, and I am very happy about it. I would recommend everyone to use vpns

Edited by GlenCurtis

It's just a provision that's likely required by their master license holder. You can use a VPN - they likely won't know or care. It's about covering their ass legally.

I think the use of vpn should not be banned, some people need vpn to stay connected to the site, I've seen people talking about this need here on the forum, I didn't even see this twitter post but I don't think it should be any change in that direction.

The use of VPN must not be banned. Banning this simply defeats the purpose of cryptocurrency being a money that has "100% privacy guarantee". Also, why would one remove it? Technologies today can detect if a device is using VPN or not; site must just use it and then simply apprehend those who are trying to bypass chatroom rules through it.

On 6/19/2019 at 5:19 AM, ceastem said:

There's a faucet here? Never noticed.. Where is it?

Vpns are now allowed? Have they ever not been allowed lol i mean not saying i use a VPN but like ive never heard of anyone complaining about stake blocking them because they had a vpn on. So what difference does allowing the use of vpn really make for players now? just makes it more known that this is a allowed option?