Stake Forum
Irena

Chat with no rules?

Featured Comment

Hey, guys! :)

I've just made a small experiment. :) We had chat with no rules (except ref links that will automatically perm mute you) for 3 minutes, so everyone could write whatever he/she wanted, using caps, without being muted for that. :)

So, I want to hear what you have to say about this. Would you like to have those few minutes without rules from time to time to vent and then we can go back to our regular friendly chat after everyone has calmed down? :) 

I want to say that I expected way more "misbehavior"! I'm proud of you all! :D 

Let me know what you think about this, I could even add some interesting and funny chat lines we had during those 3 minutes! Jelena and I had lots of fun here. :D

Peace and Love! 😊

well we kinda get that 1-3 minutes of no rules every time after challenge finishes and everybody just goes at it with the caps and spam and all. HAHA

Anyway, I'm kinda sad I missed it, it might have been chaotic but I would like to see what the active ones had done xD

Haha that was really fun tbh. :D I remember @pfodo requesting this last night, you missed out bruh xD 

sadsdasda.PNG.902d2bc6f7673a7c8ff87b8ddabeed95.PNG925837896_wellthatwasfun.PNG.c6e0304ea465df79b4099e13fc9efaee.PNG

Although this happened in between (in the start) it was a much enjoyable chat session. I got unmute right after, dw its not a trap! xD 

We should have this more often!!! :)❤️ 

having no rules for that period of time is  like opening pandora box.. not knowing what it can bring out.. might be good or something that awakens something more sinister that no one can handle. words might be said that wont be taken well for some people.. but letting all air out without any consequences follows.. still might be a little thin line to walk on.. but letting people say they have to say.. probably lessens some tensions among players,,.. and relieve some stress in  away.. hopefully everyone knows how to take criticism..,, and have thick skin...

Nice initiative, and a very forward thinking. It was just to make the chats more lively and interesting. I was gambling and I didn't know when you started the no rules. I was surprised, that Jelena and Irena are online and some people are writing on caps lock. Until I saw the post of No rules Post from you.

And what I loved about the No rules game is that immediately you typed the command !rules, everyone went back to default mode of keeping rules.

It's cool and I love it.

Yes yes i like this idea , sometimes we need a minute to vent up frustrations on chat hahaha , up to this make it 3 times a day? 

1 hour ago, hui said:

Let's have 5 minutes of applying the rules here and there instead! Would make mods lifes so much easier... :D

Maby 10 min? :D 

This is cool idea i recomended full chat with no rules and you made chat with no rules for fuew min nice. ❤️ cant wait to say some thing bad for one user :d hehehe 

This might be slightly detrimental though in the sense that some users see it and assumes behaviour is okay, then proceeds to get banned right after the No-Rules chat has ended.

I guess on the flip side some people need to vent or get the rebelliousness out of the systems - if that even works, then fine!

In my opinion, this has a little effect on the other Stakers who are in the chatroom and don't know what because using Capslock has become a ban for us before (because it will attract the attention of other Stakers) If you want to express all emotions and feelings without disturbing others. I sent PM to Chatbot who was ready to be the reader and recipient of All My Emotions xD 

I love this idea! A chat where users can do what they want (except post ref links). Begging is allowed, trade talk, CAPS, banter, and basically anything else you can think of. Users who don't like it can simply leave! Love it Irena!

I don't think I'm on either side, doing something like that to joke is indeed fun, but also there are some people who will continue to do it until they forget that this is just for fun and makes the chat look bad

Sorry I missed out on it. A permenant room with no rules(except no links at all to avoid scams) would be a good idea. People would make good use of the ignore button and no one would complain about the passive and spam.

Very interesting experiment unfortunately or fortunately I didn't see the chat at that time. Was it worth it? I guess if people really feel that is something they want from time to time then why not. It reminds me of the movie Purge haha where you could do everything for one night in a year ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Purge

The_Purge_Election_Year.png

Ahaha Irena! What a wild idea after near 2 years of chat moderators having us following the rules. I guess to an extent it can be rather freeing and fun I suppose .. :P

Am I hearing this correctly?

Okay, lets point out some things here, I'm not here to complain, I'm here to keep the peace.

- No rules?

So if there was no rules, don't you think others that get sanctioned for being muted will take offence and then find out others can do the same thing to having no rules and not get muted? That's fair? That settles for it... inequality and no rules would disturb the peace personally speaking. Wrong idea, rules are there for a reason, thanks for hearing me out. Stake is becoming more congested and popular and new users come here by the day, do they want to see an outrageous spammed chat room? 

This is a wonderful idea!  Glad to hear there wasn't much misbehaving.  It would be nice to allow those few minutes for some to vent without necessarily being held accountable as normal.  I personally am a very calm person, so not sure it would do me much good, but would be kind of funny to see how it turns out!

I don' think there is any rule against venting.  I see people complaining about their luck, their low balance, and how rigged Stake is pretty consistently in chat.  Does it really matter if they do it in ALL CAPS? 

I don't see any logic to having time without the rules.  It will just cause problems as those who log the chat will have evidence that XXX did what I just did and didn't get muted.  There is no way to know that it was a time when the rules were suspended.

I suggest if you want to have a no rules session do it in the challenge room or some other special room.

As long as there is no begging no threats or insults towards users then I don't really see the issue in CAPS - but when it's abused is the only reason why I struggle with kind of approving this. It's a weird idea but I don't really see any positive impact or any use in the short/long term. Your only going to get people upset saying "Why did you mute me for caps when others are using caps now?!"...

You see my issue there?