Stake Forum
williamshennie9

Tipping Large in Public

Featured Comment

Hey guys :)

So I know a lot of on have bank accounts on Stake, which we keep separate from our main account on Stake. And I've noticed a lot of people publicly tip their bank accounts, such that it appears in the chat.

What do you guys think about this? For me, I feel like it is a security risk, since your bank account holds a lot of funds (probably), and by revealing the username of your bank account in the chat, you effectively open the door for hackers to try and hack your bank account, especially since they now know your bank username.

Am I overthinking this? What do you guys think? Do you tip your bank publicly or privately? I would love to hear!

16 minutes ago, williamshennie9 said:

Hey guys :)

So I know a lot of on have bank accounts on Stake, which we keep separate from our main account on Stake. And I've noticed a lot of people publicly tip their bank accounts, such that it appears in the chat.

What do you guys think about this? For me, I feel like it is a security risk, since your bank account holds a lot of funds (probably), and by revealing the username of your bank account in the chat, you effectively open the door for hackers to try and hack your bank account, especially since they now know your bank username.

Am I overthinking this? What do you guys think? Do you tip your bank publicly or privately? I would love to hear!

I do tip my bank publicly. Its not like im bragging about it. But, its like, when you're on a streak and wanted to keep the pace fast on keeping your winnings every session, I just cant untick that check box for making the tip public.

I guess there's nothing wrong with it.

In terms of security, I always have my 2fa activated for my bank accounts. To keep it safe as always.

Looks like I'm going to try it. Because I always get busted when I see my wallet in my main account.
But the tipping bug, that can't make tip private, it's annoys me and luring beggars to beg me.

I would try if this bug fixed. So, I would chilling out and no worries. I really don't like reporting or mute people. It wasting my time to do that.

There is a private tipping bug at the moment? I was not aware of it yet so far.

1 hour ago, Etude said:

Yep there is a bug for me. but when getting error, It's solved when refresh page then try to tip again.

Yes this seems to be a serious issue. Maybe I suggest to you guys to enable your 2fa to ensure that your bank is safe and it is well protected, for the sake of your money tho! Since I dont have bank tipping publicly will not be my problem! xD I wish this issue will be resolved as soon as possible!

Outside of Davids bug, people that tip their bank publicly, thats a red flag for total juice bag. I dont think the tip public box should be auto checked,

but it is. And most unfortunately, Im pretty sure that is not the reason banks are publicly tipped. My lovely 2 cents.

1 hour ago, Kristoffff said:

I actually have to tick the boxes to make it go public, so you guys either put in the effort to show off or I'm totally unaware for a bug for some of you.

Actually, I haven't experienced the tipping bug. 🤔

Maybe it happens intermittently.

Just now, dmbadillo10 said:

Actually, I haven't experienced the tipping bug. 🤔

Maybe it happens intermittently.

I actually created this topic to discuss the reasons some users prefer public vs private tipping to their banks. I've never had a problem either with private tipping, but that seems to have become the main discussion of this topic.

well to me the default is tip publicly and i have to uncheck it everytime i tip my bank. which takes only a few seconds but i sometimes don't bother to do so. haha

the problem comes when you publicly tip your bank, beggars come in like nice tips, wow, etc. which is passive begging which again makes me uncomfortable. i just wish it is on default to non publicly tip. i would always prefer non public tips.

8 hours ago, Etude said:

3 hours ago, Kristoffff said:

I actually have to tick the boxes to make it go public, so you guys either put in the effort to show off or I'm totally unaware for a bug for some of you.

Not always get those, but sometime it shows like programming language. If i recall this, it shows like "UNEXPECTEDERROR_TIPPINGPUBLIC, ...." 

I will provide the screenshot if i get that again. But for now, looks like it getting fixed. 

7 hours ago, jkd123 said:

Yep there is a bug for me. but when getting error, It's solved when refresh page then try to tip again.

Ah, I don't even thinking to refresh it fixed the problem. I will try that if I got same error. Thanks!

1 hour ago, williamshennie9 said:

I actually created this topic to discuss the reasons some users prefer public vs private tipping to their banks. I've never had a problem either with private tipping, but that seems to have become the main discussion of this topic.

Sorry about that, maybe I was started this main discussion. Well, like i mention before, public tipping luring beggars at the chat, and private tipping are private, no one knows (i mean no beggars) .

This is a very good topic I feel. You put a very good point forward that people will start hacking to get to your money.

Thats why 2FA is very important guys. Please do enable 2FA. That way they will need a code everytime they perform a task.

The secret tipping needs to be fixed soon!

6 hours ago, williamshennie9 said:

I know. Of course, I read your topic and got the main point.

If you'll check, I just quoted a comment about the bug.

People do things usually for a reason sometimes maybe unknown to even themselves, definitrly there are those who public tip to gain attention and create publicity too. ;)

35 minutes ago, Dan said:

This will eventually disappear once the vault is launched. I'm hoping that we aren't all that far away form this new banking system.

super hype for that will it have interest? also any sort of release date?