Stake Forum
nuuuitsjdragon

Is Bitcoin your top choice for Crypto?

Featured Comment

All right, let’s be honest here.

Show of hands, who prefers to still use BTC if it weren’t for the fact that it’s the top dog when it comes to Cryptocurrencies.

Personally, I feel that the time to complete a transaction and the fees make it unattractive for me sometimes as the other Cryptocurrencies actually offer way more in benefits and advantages as compared to Bitcoin.

My top choice (ignoring price) would be EOS! Who doesn’t like fast, free transactions along with a delegated stake of proof?! 😎

Bitcoin will always be my top choice so long as it is the highest valued cryptocurrency out there. People tend to overlook the fact that bitcoin is the most popular crypto at this point in time, so in my opinion, it has the largest potential to remain the dominant coin.

I was always fan of older crypto projects like factom, nexus, maidsafe and a few others and have been following them for years. My favorites right now would be factom and nexus, because what they are trying to achieve is quite revolutionary with the satellite network which should finally happen next year.

The project is building quantum-resistant 3D blockchain in combination with communication satellites in space. Nexus has partnered with Vector Space Systems (Vector) to create a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Satellite Network of nodes. The satellites, in combination with the ground mesh network, will host the Nexus network as well as any decentralized apps (DApps) built on top of it. Primarily, the cubesat mesh network will exist to give Nexus worldwide coverage, but Nexus will also utilize its orbital and ground mesh networks to provide free and uncensored internet access to the world.

They never had an ICO and kept working on this for years. It's at least worth following. 2019 will be determinative for nexus, I hope they succeed!

I do hold and mine burst, because it's the only Proof Of Capacity coin worth a damn, and it actually can do everything and more then these other coins that use more resources. I also hold bitcoin, because as of right now the only way to buy most of these coins is by going threw bitcoin, which means it will always be on top until something major changes. Also in the public's perception bitcoin is sometimes the only crypto that exists.

Bringing it back to Burst I see it as the whole foods of crypto, once everyone realizes bitcoin is using up a shit ton of electricity and it is unsustainable, they will start looking for that green coin, that's why I think burst will take off. They are the only ones doing something different and they have succeeded in a lot of ways. Pretty much the most decentralized, lowest energy per transaction, can actually support the entire global economy worth of transactions and they pretty much have one goal, to become a cryptocurrency.

I find a lot of these coins out there have some weird ulterior motive or spin on how their coin will be used, burst is keeping it simple. The team over there are working hard and I feel like the reason the community is so passionate is no one is paying attention, we constantly see news articles about how bitcoin is using the same energy as an entire country and they have to build these massive ASIC farms inside of power plants, but these articles never mention Burst as the solution. Maybe one day.

It will be always Bitcoin 👍

Fundamentally, Bitcoin is way strong than all other cryptocurrency. Remember it was invented solely for peer to peer payment network. With the implementation of Bitcoin lightning network it has evolved a lot. Now you can transfer 1 Satoshi with no extra cost. You can read more about it here - https://cointelegraph.com/lightning-network-101/what-is-lightning-network-and-how-it-works

Price wise Bitcoin is way above any other cryptocurrency and if you had invested $135 in 2010 the return on investment today would have been approximately 7,797.19%. I doubt any other cryptocurrency will ever give you that kind of a return.

I am not saying Bitcoin is the best, there are others like Ethereum, EOS, XRP who are way more better than Bitcoin technically. But, you cannot replace the Father with the Sons. Bitcoin is and will always be my favorite cryptocurrency. 

I think that if Eos is as popular as Bitcoin, then it will have the same problems. I think Bitcoin is the best cryptocurrency and it will remain for a long time. Next are ETh and Ltc. Other currencies are still very few people accept, I’m not talking about the calculation in the store.

I used to be dead set on only btc simply because It's what I was familiar with,  But I've since been forced to become more familiar with  other crypto currencies & have realized that when it comes down to it there are better options.  I now lean towards Eth or Doge for the simple fact that the transactions are much faster & reliable then btc.

hello friends its obvious price wise and trading wise btc always top of the all coins,all the crypto users first choice bitcoin its general.but there after btc some other coins who are technically better than btc like XRP,LTC,ETH and XLM also we like those coins too.one more if any one invest any amount on btc he/she will get high return within a short period that's also a reasons to like BTC.  

Posted (edited)

I just love bitcoin as main currency because has more approach on the real markets from real life, as for many payment systems currently.

Also my alternative coin would be ethereum cause it looks like one of the most stable coins from everything else.

Bitcoin and Ethereum have a nice price stabilization as well and big volume per 24 hours which keeps me with it.

Edited by DreamStage

Posted (edited)

for me it is not, and it never was not even when it suddenly rises-

im since forever a fan of ETH and i dont think this will change.

i guess i dont like btc because the transaction fees are just insane

Edited by neich

Yes, definitely my top choice because it is the original crypto, it's the most valuable, and it's the most widely accepted for various payments online. 

i like doge coins transactions are fast and low fees 
but lately i have no luck in gambling with dogecoins so i would say my favorite coin right now is eth 
l

Hey, yeah btc is my 1st choice no matter what i like the desing and ass wee all do the bigg price of it, btc is my 1st choice cuse many shops will and are alredy accepting btc and it will be ezy to buy some things what i want without exchanging the btc to eur or usd. :) 

My opinion, the king always will be Bitcoin, as a technology (blockchain) and as an investment.  To trading I don`t have preferences as I do my DYOR and trade any that likes me.  AS a coin to daily transactions I like Digibyte.  XRP will probably be an option if the banks switch from fiat to cryptos.  Good Luck.

Posted (edited)

Personally I think any other alt is fine, as long as

1. you don't care about retaining value in the long term, you want to get a transaction done as fast as possible, for example you estimate you might hit it big or busto within a few days of deposit to stake - people who want fast fast fast transactions generally aren't the most patient when it comes to gambling either

2. you have an extremely low amount of money in crypto and do not mind risking or losing huge chunks of value, who cares if your $50 turns to $30 or $70, it's a low amount even though it's roughly a 40% move

3. you don't care at all about benefiting from the general movements of crypto/bitcoin, and just care about fiat only - many shitcoins have recovered or retained some value in fiat, while being outperformed by the bitcoin run, but it doesn't matter to you because you never plan to own any bitcoin in your life 

4. you constantly juggle minuscule amounts of crypto between many different services and wallets and websites, so a fee component with even the smallest flat amount is a pain point

Edited by allisonn

I have to say i love bitcoin but my top crypto currency to use has got to be ltc it gives you more for your money to play with plusssss its alot easier to build up i feel nervous when i gamble bitcoin its like handling a bomb lol u never know when its gonna go xD

For now i think the stable coin and have a big chances for pump was BTC. im very luck that i keep my BTC in My Vault, and as you can see now the BTC Prices is going up even more. well, my top choices are BTC and BCH for now

My top choice in thing of functionality and all i would go with dogecoin since it is has a very good transaction speed but in terms of price i would suggest litecoin than dogecoin . 

for Trading I would like to suggest btc for profit and safe .

For Transaction I love EOS too because transaction speed is too fast. 

I don’t know too much about the other crypto. 

Yes Bitcoin is definitely my top choice of cryptocurrency due to it's value and versatility also as it is already widely accepted by many online vendors and so forth.

I think bitcoin is great because it gave us blockchain, but I think ETH has more potential, ETH is my favorite coin at the moment for sure. In public it's always 'bitcoin' though when speaking with people that don't know about crypto some have heard of bitcoin, but never any other coins. Can't wait for the other coins to start getting more public awareness then hopefully crypto will gain even more momentum in public eye. 

For me, Bitcoin is no where near my top crypto list. It's too expensive in order to really get a good long term investment in. I'm more of a eth guy or a doge guy myself as I feel those will increase in value due to the speed of their blockchains