Stake Forum
Aazzah

Is stake really that taxing for a laptop?

Featured Comment

I was on my other laptop the other day at my friends house. A decent laptop too, and I couldn't really handle stake on it. It was really laggy and delayed. But on that laptop I have never really downloaded anything. I don't get why it is so laggy?  Since the new update I have been lagging a little bit too. I can barely share screen on discord on stake. That might just be my laptop but is it that taxing to run a gambling site on a samsung laptop? Lol.

Can anyone relate? Or is that just me?

Most likely you either have a laptop that is too weak or you have some problems with it. I do not notice any changes playing on a laptop or PC. Mobile version yes it is really slow, but it is most likely because of my phone.

I can totally relate,  although it's not only stake,  it's any website that has a lot of graphics & the longer the page is open the slower my laptop gets until I'm forced to restart because it just can't handle anymore load.  I sometimes think it's just my crappy laptop and not Stakes fault though.  I do notice refreshing stake every now and again seems to help a bit.   

it sux balls on laptop,, with the lag and the continuous frustrations.. but i got a little handle on it. depending on what games you can simply get the payouts you want. so it wasnt that bad with the lag.. but as of late.. the lag has gotten worse.. so yea it suxx ass right now..

I have the same issue with Stake lagging from time to time on my Laptop as well.  Nothing else I do on this same laptop seems to cause any issues at all.  Other gambling sites work fine, all other sites are fine also, so i'm not sure how much Stake has running in the background but I've noticed it as well, and it comes ad goes.

I think the taxing part of Stake is the amount of memory it consumes on the web browser which means you need alot of RAM in your PC/Laptop to have a completely smooth experience. So maybe a upgrade is in order to enjoy Stake better. ;) 

I play primarily on a laptop and have experienced no issues whatsoever in terms of using excess resources on my computer. Although my laptop has a decent video card, it doesn't manage to get the fans to come on like most video games do.

I don't seem to have any problems with Stake on my laptop at all.
That being said, I have a really nice Gaming laptop with an awesome graphics card and decent amount of RAM.
I second what bobdole said.. Stake doesn't manage to get the fans to come on in my laptop either like some video games would.
For reference though, in case anyones curious at all.. The laptop I have is the MSI GL63-8RC :) 
I have multiple laptops, tbh. (kinda a nerd, I guess 😉), but this one is my main one or my "go-to". 

I'm using a samsung laptop right now and I can say stake is not that taxing.

I even managed to open multiple  stake at once playing different games. My laptop isn't even heating up at all compared to me when I play games. Haha

Maybe buy a new one or a higher end one?

I have been using Stake on my laptop, tablet and my mobile without any lagging or speed issue. I think it might be a browser issue. The best thing you can do is to delete the cookies and cache from the browser and then try it. Try using Brave browser, stake's website works smooth on this browser.

it seems that this problem is only you who experience
I use the thosiba l840 laptop, this type of laptop is old. but there was absolutely no problem even when I was opening a stake site. I usually open a lot of tabs, then play songs and also while downloading. I have absolutely no problems so far, chances are the laptop you are using does not have a loose storage space.
I advise you to add a user account on your laptop, then you use a new user account so that the content is different from the one you use normally. because the contents will be like new, I use this to overcome lag on the laptop that I use.
I hope this helps ,

8 hours ago, CntryBoy said:

I have the same issue with Stake lagging from time to time on my Laptop as well.  Nothing else I do on this same laptop seems to cause any issues at all.  Other gambling sites work fine, all other sites are fine also, so i'm not sure how much Stake has running in the background but I've noticed it as well, and it comes ad goes.

I think your laptop has the same problem,
maybe you can follow the way I suggested.

Aazzah i think you are just stupid :P. nah jk friend! It's just because you have a crap computer, mine runs fine, try getting a better computer lassie hahaha. Also tell Oliver and Orange and Purple and William and Darkblood and Neich I said hello :P.

Yeah laptops can be funny. If you hear the fan going louder usually means it working harder, so maybe listen out for fan, as a clue.

Worst part of windows is updates, so many time my computer's lags hard all of a sudden and I check it and find out windows has started downloading half of Microsoft. So lame.

actually im on my laptop too , but there is no problem and no lag at all. if i could ask you, how much RAM that you have? its true that Stake 2.0 was really heavy and eats so much RAM. no wonder if some of laptop/PC would be lagged if have a low RAM 

It is just you try seeing if any other application or any extension on the browser is causing the lag or problem also do you mind sharing the spec of the laptop here ? 

I do play on iMac but sometimes I do play on my MacBook Air which isn't the computer for advanced processor work, but I experience no problems and everything is running smoothly. Sometimes the fan is turning on louder than usual, but that is completely normal. But no lag or any bad experience.

I think it would actually be great if the developers are able to figure out how to lessen the Stake memory consumption on the browser in the near future. :)