xtinepink

Wonders in Your Country

Featured Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCTDFU_C4xw

This is called "The whale", its a seaside where a small portion of land enters the sea and looks like a big whale, and the views of the sunset there are amazing.

It is also interesting to see this big white construction there, it is called "Casapueblo", and was completely hand-built by a single person, an artist that lived there, it took him tens of years because each year he made it bigger and bigger and bigger... in the end it finished as a very exclusive and eccentric Hotel.

On this other vid you can see Montevideo, where I live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXz-erPr8B8

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, maverick528 said:

This is called "The whale", its a seaside where a small portion of land enters the sea and looks like a big whale, and the views of the sunset there are amazing.

It is also interesting to see this big white construction there, it is called "Casapueblo", and was completely hand-built by a single person, an artist that lived there, it took him tens of years because each year he made it bigger and bigger and bigger... in the end it finished as a very exclusive and eccentric Hotel.

Added to my bucket list :P

"The Whale" reminds me a little some of the works of Gaudi in Barcelona (a place i try to go once every 2 years).

5 hours ago, maverick528 said:

so many good places to see.

4 hours ago, Magisterek said:

Thanks for nice opinion, if u think this, come here to see this in real! :D

Well I wish I could. :D money is involved lol.

11 hours ago, SuddenlyBroke said:

There's always Google maps can go anywhere, which is crazy because first time I used it I just wanted to check out the front of my house lol even though I could open the door, step outside and see it for real =) 

Hahaha, ppl tend to do that first, check if their home can be seen/found easily :D 

But, Google maps is not enough, need to experience the real deal, walk through the streets, eat local food, swim in another ocean, meet new ppl and their culture/point of view and way of life. Trevelling is the one if those rare things we pay with money and makes us richer in spirit :$

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, wilbur said:

I didnt even think about that when travelling. now I have to think about it when travelling. (make your spirit rich) how do I do it anyways

You don't have to think about it, @wilbur, this just happens, especially if you use travelling in that sense as to experience as much as you can of the particular culture you're visiting: sightseeing, visiting natural wonders and monuments, learning about their history, trying to catch a word/phrase or two, observing the way of life and comparing it to your own culture, tasting the cuisine, listening to the national music, visiting museums and exploring nightlife etc. Always much to learn from all of this ;)  

When i'm traveling I make sure to keep at least 50% of the time for "improvisation". Of course sometimes you choose a place to discover for specific reasons : monuments, museums, specialities, ... and it's cool to see/do them. 

But I don't want to go somwhere and do what tourists usually do. I prefer to immerse myself in the local culture, ask questions at people around me, walking in the streets (I rarely take transportation when it's possible), ... I just can't go in vacation for sleeping on a beach or relax at the hotel, I need to discover and feed my curiosity.

9 hours ago, Bojana said:

You don't have to think about it, @wilbur, this just happens, especially if you use travelling in that sense as to experience as much as you can of the particular culture you're visiting: sightseeing, visiting natural wonders and monuments, learning about their history, trying to catch a word/phrase or two, observing the way of life and comparing it to your own culture, tasting the cuisine, listening to the national music, visiting museums and exploring nightlife etc. Always much to learn from all of this ;)  

well for me when im travelling I think of nothing. I just enjoy lol. everything I do is for enjoyment . never think of learning but the moment I read your post I think "oh yeah? well I think I learned a lot from the enjoyment" haha thanks kitten for reminding me :)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, wilbur said:

well for me when im travelling I think of nothing. I just enjoy lol. everything I do is for enjoyment . never think of learning but the moment I read your post I think "oh yeah? well I think I learned a lot from the enjoyment" haha thanks kitten for reminding me :)

You think that you don't, but you do, a lot, subconsciously, trust me :D LOL, kitten... you're welcome! ;)

• Love 1