Stake Forum
FotisNt

2FA notification.

Featured Comment

Hey! As you might already noticed, Stake recently added a notification to remind us how importand 2FA is. We've seen many newbies getting scammed by many ways due to this. Is that notification important to you? Do you think that it will help newbies who don't have any idea that Stake has 2FA? For me, this notification should had been exist way earlier. Let me hear your thoughts.:)

2FA is very important when it comes to anything if you can put 2 fa on anything do so since it is a very good secirity for your account and is very helpful against hackers.

to their account you mean.. shoot if they got in my account again they wont find anything i make sure that i dont have a balance or anything in the vault. for any chance getting the coins i got. i already that the hard way.. before that was the past this is now.. taken the lost is all gravy...wont make that same mistake ever again.. but having the 2fa for extra security is all good.but having it constantly reminding you is getting annoying af..

If your account holds any amount of considerable important value you should immediately enable 2fa security to avoid it a chance of being compromised. Without 2fa secutiry is akin to walking into a busy traffic without looking around at all.

Yes I agree that this notification should have appeared much earlier, because then a lot of stakers could've avoided the hacks and account steals that occurred in the past. In my opinion the two factor saves people, a lot and it's really a good idea. Too many people have been shafted by hackers to be fair.

I always keep my 2FA on, whether if it's a gambling site or not. I've seen some youtuber(s) who got their account(s) hacked. And to be honest it's their mistake for not having 2FA enabled nor having a strong password..

And then they start blaming the site on how bad the "Security" is lol.

yes 2fa is very helpful in securing the account that we have, but sometimes it also makes us in trouble because we forget the 2fa code found on the google authenticator. so that the account we have can also be lost because we cannot enter into the account, this can make the balance in the account lost and have a large loss so the most important thing is to withdraw the money we have after playing or enter vault because storing in vault is very safe , when you will withdraw from vault it is also very safe because it requires confirmation. yes if the account we have is big 2fa is very helpful and so is the small one. the point is always remember so that we can always enter the code contained in the Google Authenticator and then must be entered into the account.

17 minutes ago, OverRaz said:

I always keep my 2FA on, whether if it's a gambling site or not. I've seen some youtuber(s) who got their account(s) hacked. And to be honest it's their mistake for not having 2FA enabled nor having a strong password..

I really agree with you, even though our account is small we have to install 2fa because it has a very high level of security and that will make hackers have trouble.

I saw three streamers that are active on joining Stake races complain that their balance was withdrawn by some hacker and it seems like they are not using 2fa. Having a big amount of money and not enabling 2fa is a no no.

24 minutes ago, OverRaz said:

Yeah, I heard that Stake refunded the hacked funds.

I agree 2fa is good, maybe if the notification had option to dismiss it, so it didn't repeat it would be cool. 

definitely good for people that don't know to remind them about it i think it's a good idea. 

captcha is pretty cool even too, i mean sometimes it is annoying, but it saves our accounts from some brute force bots, so I think that's cool too.

I think those who care about their safety, they know what 2fa is. It is necessary to use 2fa in order not to be hacked by hackers. Security must be above all, or you will be left with nothing.

2 hours ago, pras111 said:

but sometimes it also makes us in trouble because we forget the 2fa code found on the google authenticator. so that the account we have can also be lost because we cannot enter into the account,

Umm.. the only thing stake should is a recovery 2FA code. So if you lose your phone you can enter the recovery 2FA code to get back into your account, otherwise you'd  have to contact support and they will ask for ownership proof.

I don't know why I haven't saw the 2FA notification yet, maybe that's because I already have that on, on all of my accounts. But 2FA is really really important and makes you ever more secure than having a password. Trust me on that statement.

I always use 2fa on everything that has it incorporated on their site.  The pop up is nice I guess for newbies, but for me it is second nature.  Any time I open some sort of crypto account like trading, gambling, or whatever, the first thing I do is enable 2fa after I open an account.  I've heard of some folks that never use it.  These days that is a way to have your funds disappear, no matter how careful you are otherwise.

I feel any site that isn't using 2fa these days is about 3 years behind schedule so I always look for 2fa straight away.

However, I do think it's a good thing to send a reminder every now and then since not everyone knows even of the existence of a second factor authentication.

23 hours ago, FotisNt said:

Hey! As you might already noticed, Stake recently added a notification to remind us how importand 2FA is. We've seen many newbies getting scammed by many ways due to this. Is that notification important to you? Do you think that it will help newbies who don't have any idea that Stake has 2FA? For me, this notification should had been exist way earlier. Let me hear your thoughts.:)

2FA is important for people who makes expensive bets, but for players like me, more comfortable use just pass.

Do you think that it will help newbies who don't have any idea that Stake has 2FA? For me, this notification should had been exist way earlier. Let me hear your thoughts.:)

It depends, if you someone plans to play seriously or deposit then sure they should use 2FA. But some newbies just want to try out the stake and then decide later if they want to stay, so at the beginning it's not necessary to use 2FA. Many sites ask many things when you need to create a new account. People want to open the account as fast as possible. Simplicity is important. Then if they decide to play serious and make deposit for sure they should use 2FA. Warning is important because many people forget to use it and then they find themselves hacked and their account cleaned up, so reminder is always good. 

Hey, from personaly experienc i didnt hawe 2fa for first year then one mod or some one told me about this and i downloaded it,

Personaly i think it would help so there acc doesnt get taken by hackers or scamers.

Hey there buddy!

I honestly think that it is very very important to activate your two factor authentication onto your stake account... Or in fact, any account that has the option to add a two factor authentication to it. Because seriously... It is so so so helpful. You can be easily scammed without having it enabled because people can easily log into your account. Or when you have two factor authentication enabled, people will need access to your specified device which is honestly quite hard unless you get robbed from your devices. But seriously add this to your account guys!!!

Have a great day stakers and best of luck playing everyone :D