Stake Forum
Levt211

Auto bet Video Poker AI

Featured Comment

Does anyone know about the artificial intelligence of auto bet while playing video poker? What cards will it hold and which ones would it muck?.. Is this posted anywhere because I would like to know. Also does anymore know how to change the AI lets say u only way to hold cards for the best chance too get a royal flush,  is there any way to do this? or its just it is what it is and thats all u get.

8 minutes ago, Levt211 said:

Does anyone know about the artificial intelligence of auto bet while playing video poker? What cards will it hold and which ones would it muck?.. Is this posted anywhere because I would like to know. Also does anymore know how to change the AI lets say u only way to hold cards for the best chance too get a royal flush,  is there any way to do this? or its just it is what it is and thats all u get.

-It only holds the cards with the greatest chance of winning from computation.

- No you cannot set it to choose cards that will be the closest to royal flush or any other multis. 

Posted (edited)

Glad you asked but sadly you couldn't find it under the video poker section itself. I made this post a while ago, while I was pretty curious too and had lots of time in hand clearly. But seems like not many have seen this or not many are interested xD 

No you cannot change the way it selects cards as of now, but hope we get a version of it soon (Video Poker Bot :P). If you'd like to know more or if you find anything faulty do let me know too :) Hope this helps! 

Edit: Forgot to mention although you may already know. The suggested cards are basically what the autobet holds. :D 

Cheers

Edited by GKD09

1 hour ago, Levt211 said:

you know about that artificial skem. 

Have no clue on how it worls but i guess it is like pre determined so it just holds the cards that would make you either win or loose like whatever the determined outcome is. 

Whether you play manually or through the bot, you will end up losing over the long term. The bot displays suggestions even when you bet manually and this is how it chooses cards through autobet.

It would be a great addition if there was a way to select a certain set of cards for auto, for example best cards to hold to hit a Royal Flush as mentioned, or best cards to hit a payout of 10x and above, something similar to these,  Unfortunately the suggestion feature and auto bet feature is only currently designed to hold the best cards for ANY winning hand, 1x included.  For this reason I only play VP on manual, that way I can hold my preferred cards and sometimes play a bit more risky than what the suggestion feature would tell you to hold.

Yeah as many has mentioned I figure it is just a set of codings that follows the highest winnings odds computation for the available show hands for the best win one can get based on it.

Auto bet is not safe for me, I have never had good results in the long term. The auto bet will never let you take the control of cards you would choose in order to hit the royal flush, auto bet will only take those cards with a major chance of winning, meaning those with low profit.  Chasing royal flow has to be manual.  Then you have the suggestion button which I use only when in doubt, but mainly this suggestions goes far beyond of what I would choose so, it is most of times worthless for me.  No auto bet for me in this game I like very much.