Stake Forum
Steve

Choose a Charity Poll #13

Choose a Charity Poll #13  

47 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which charity should we donate $1,000 to?

• Eff.org
    • Omf.ngo
    • Thewaterproject.org
    • Wildme.org

Featured Comment

Check out the charities below and cast your vote for the one you want us to donate $1,000 to!

• Eff.org - The Electronic Frontier Foundation defends civil liberties in the digital world. EFF's goal is to ensure that rights and freedoms are enhanced and protected as our use of technology expands.
  • Omf.ngo - The Open Medicine Foundation (OMF) has a mission to improve health care for patients suffering from chronic complex diseases so they can live their lives more fully.
  • Thewaterproject.org - Sustainable water is something millions of people are lacking. The Water Project has set a goal of giving clean water to all of those in need.
  • Wildme.org - Every day animals all around the world are becoming endangered and extinct. Through the use of citizen science and artificial intelligence, Wildme is putting a stop to the mass extinction of many species.

The charity with the most votes from this poll and the Twitter poll will receive a $1,000 donation! (Combined with Primedice votes) Do you know a charity that should be on this list? Post it below!

D6p-B0QXoAEnhP9.thumb.jpg.dab3080fdb03718f9fc43542151cd6c8.jpg.0610f60ce7c45f5855ed3c72cef379d2.jpg

Posted (edited)

wildme  safe and protect before extinction and water aloso can buy water treatment machine in the future

Edited by tae40127

water,, because we need all the time and we can use it of other things and thats the biggest need in our body ,, so i choose Thewaterproject.org... and all the above,,,, but my priority choose is Thewaterproject.org.. thanks

Posted (edited)

ANIMALS!!!  The man will find the water only need to move his head a little, and the animals can not live by a man!

I think everyone knows that medicine is a lie !!!  And clean business!

Edited by Pawelos1

the water project. should be one the one., there is  a city in the US.. right have undrinkable water.. it has be over a couple years. but the government seems not to do anything about it because the area is under the poverty line..

The simplest things in life we take for granted everyday such as water  and so many go without it .

I liked both the water project as well as the wildme project since we all know what is happening to the wild life these days. Had to choose only one and since Thewaterproject.org had a great number it was no point voting for wildme.org. Hope it may show up another time around as it sounds like a good cause to donate to. :) 

This is why we love Stake!! :D 

13 hours ago, Steve said:

Check out the charities below and cast your vote for the one you want us to donate $1,000 to!

• Eff.org - The Electronic Frontier Foundation defends civil liberties in the digital world. EFF's goal is to ensure that rights and freedoms are enhanced and protected as our use of technology expands.
  • Omf.ngo - The Open Medicine Foundation (OMF) has a mission to improve health care for patients suffering from chronic complex diseases so they can live their lives more fully.
  • Thewaterproject.org - Sustainable water is something millions of people are lacking. The Water Project has set a goal of giving clean water to all of those in need.
  • Wildme.org - Every day animals all around the world are becoming endangered and extinct. Through the use of citizen science and artificial intelligence, Wildme is putting a stop to the mass extinction of many species.

The charity with the most votes from this poll and the Twitter poll will receive a $1,000 donation! (Combined with Primedice votes) Do you know a charity that should be on this list? Post it below!

D6p-B0QXoAEnhP9.thumb.jpg.dab3080fdb03718f9fc43542151cd6c8.jpg.0610f60ce7c45f5855ed3c72cef379d2.jpg

@Edward why don't we have tree organization in the choices bro? What are we going to do with medicines, people, animals and electricity  if the world is dying because of climate change and high sea level due to melting of north and south pole. 

It's more important than these thigs in topic, because if we wont care for our trees too, we might get extinct as the animals we are protecting! How great to see our site helping the earth to survive.

Let's save earth! ♥

Water project for me.

Recently here in manila, we suffered water shortage and the government started to control our consumption. It was hard I tell you. Saving buckets or drums of water at night to use within the day. It was hard considering we use it for showers, washing dishes, etc. 

Although we have a lot of rivers here, it's always full of trash and viruses that will only make matters worse. So it made me realize how important water is and I became more sympathetic towards those lacking for them..

Wow I was surprised the EFF wasn't doing better given how interested in privacy so many crypto users are.  I guess it's hard to compete with water - Lifestraws all around!  (Lifestraws are awesome!)

Humans can not survive without water, so I voted for the waterproject.  I now see it seems to be the majority choice currently too :) Keep up this great donation to worthwhile causes!  Makes me proud of stake!

coming from a country and more specifically city that has been hit by drought recently, I voted for the water project.

Water is a natural resource that we cannot live without and wasting potable (drinkable) water is something we normally take for granted. I urge everyone to be mindful of water consumption. We had to find ways to live on 50 litres (13 gallons) of water per day. This was in no way an easy task.

Here are some of the habits we used to reduce consumption and beat day zero (the day our taps were forecast to run dry).

Water-saving tips for the four places where the most water is most often used:

1) At the office

The amount of water allocated to each person during water restrictions is for your overall water usage - at home and at the office. 

Do your part to save water even when you are not at home. Encourage colleagues to adapt their water use. Don't waste water, consider alternative options like waterless hand sanitizers. And you don't need to wash your cup each time you have coffee. 

2) Bathroom

The City of Cape Town has shared some interesting tips to save water in your bathroom.

Install water-saving taps and fit low-flow shower heads.

Close the tap while you brush your teeth, shave, etc.

Fill a milk bottle with water and put it in the toilet cistern to displace some of the water used with each flush. You can also use a brick. Even better, use rainwater and grey water to flush the toilet. 

Check for leaks and if you find any, fix them immediately. A tap leaking 50 drops a minute, adds up to 1 838 litres a year! A high school is saving 40kL of water per day just by fixing their leaks! Read more here.  

3) Kitchen

Defrost foods in the fridge or natrurally rather than placing it under running water.

When washing dishes by hand, don't let the water run while rinsing. Fill one sink with wash water and the other with rinse water.

Avoid washing vegetables under running water. Use a bowl instead, and afterwards empty it in the garden.

If you have a dishwasher, only use it with a full load.

Save water by not using your washing machine daily with a small load.Try to wash a full load every time and re-use this water. 

4) Garden

Establish a ‘water-wise’ garden by using only, or mainly, indigenous plants which do not need that much water to survive and flourish.

Capture rainwater and re-use bath and sink water to water plants and lawns (but first try to use the water indoors for flushing the toilet).

Frequent watering makes your plants shallow rooted and more dependent on you for survival. Less watering will toughen the grass and your plants and encourage its roots to spread deeper.

The leaves of plants and trees do not need to be watered. You can therefore focus all the water on the roots of the plants and trees to ensure that they absorb all of the water you are giving them.

Use the City of Cape Town's Think Water Calculator. Saving starts with knowing how much you use - this calculator will help you check your current water consumption.

For the uninitiated, practicing water conservation can seem a bit daunting at first, but concentrating and applying your mind will quickly turn it into a habit. 

On 7/7/2019 at 3:13 AM, SammyA123 said:

Humans can not survive without water, so I voted for the waterproject.  I now see it seems to be the majority choice currently too :) Keep up this great donation to worthwhile causes!  Makes me proud of stake!

You got a nice point there, but I guess that humans wouldn't survive without wild animals as well.