If you got a chance to change your username...

hanvee

Featured Comment

As everyone knows that u cant change your username at stake and it will never happen. it would mess up the site and all of user .

Lemme give you an example why it will mess up the site : what happen if my old name is hanvee and i change to etude . then etude have to change other name cuz his name already taken

but yah ....What would you name if you could change your name only once?

If i can do it i will caps my name : HANVEE . i love my name i would never change to other name . ❤️

I would change it to Etude. :P No surprises there and there was once upon a time during the earlier days in Stake that Admin Spike has changed only two usernames that is Snike to SnikeConfirmed and SadBitcoin to HappyBitcoin. 

1 minute ago, Etude said:

I would change it to Etude. :P No surprises there and there was once upon a time during the earlier days in Stake that Admin Spike has changed only two usernames that is Snike to SnikeConfirmed and SadBitcoin to HappyBitcoin. 

Why do these two people have the opportunity to change their username like that? is there any special reason  ??

and haha... sadbitcoin to happybitcoin is funny !!! . 

8 minutes ago, Enzo said:

I'd steal the name Enzo because the user has never bet more then 10 times and is inactive as hell. If only they allowed inactive names to be deleted/taken. Would snatch that up in a heartbeat.

hehee ... yah you must be fast to get your name cause enzo is similar name... more than 1 want to get it  . and i really dont like my username have number after... 

something unique is more cool 

I'd probably use it when me and my gf breaks up since "ceastem" is a combination of our names. HAHA

It would be nice though because some players rush to make usernames long time ago and would love to have a new one.

11 minutes ago, Enzo said:

I'd steal the name Enzo because the user has never bet more then 10 times and is inactive as hell. If only they allowed inactive names to be deleted/taken. Would snatch that up in a heartbeat.

That might not be possible because some people that are long gone usually comes back after months.. Although I'm not saying it's impossible they could do that, but it's highly likely that they won't..

I tried to ask customer service if I could change my name but unfortunately they don't allow it. My username is just random letters and numbers. It completely doesn't mean anything lol I just typed it at the beginning when stake was introduced and I opened an account here. i didn't know if I would stay here, I didn't take stake seriously, all I wanted is to register and log in as fast as possible so I typed some random letters and numbers to make sure the username is not taken and it will make registration process faster. After I played stake for a while I loved it and decided to stay. I went to forums and here I could choose new username but I was a little bit confused and didn't know if I should have the same username as on stake or not, the first time I registered here I was banned lol, because they thought I am an alt. but then I explained everything and link my forum username to stake username as it suppose to be and they unbanned me. Unfortunately because of my name is some random wngo123 people don't treat me seriously especially during streaming on twitch. People think I am an alt or some bot and don't believe I'm real person probably because of 123 in my name :( . I feel a little bit sorry, but I kinda began to like my new name lol so the only think I ask customer service was can I change my name from wngo123 to wngo :D And still they didn't allow it. Now I'm stuck with that random name and I don't want to create an alt. Well so here you go. I don't mind about letters, but I really hate 123 in my name :( I'm really not a bot :D 

Edited by wngo123

A good username has to be relevant to you, your brand or your persona.

So really it would depend very much on what your naming and what you need to the username to achieve.

Am assuming (from your question) that you want a new username not one based on an existing name.

In which case you can go nearly random or completely random with your ideas. Its often a good idea to add in a word or select topics that relate to you, your personality traits and gender in some way.

meet new people through a chat room. Creating a username, screen name, handle, login ID, etc., is serious business.

Not only will this new moniker become tied to your online identity, it will affect other people's perception of you, much like how your hair and clothes might during an in-person meeting.

Your handle might even affect the results of your job search or dating profile if it refers to something racy or inappropriate. On the flip side, being associated with a unique and attention-grabbing screen name is a great way to showcase your personality and create a memorable impression.

But what if Stake creates a conditional rule where each gambler should change username.  I am very happy with my user name, because I got the same in twitter, discord, telegram, facebook and almost all the exchanges I use, but if it is necessary I would use "realcryptofly"... like potus.  Ciao.  Good Luck.

My username was supposed to be "JeanS" because it is my first name and my last name's initial but that username was already taken when I registered. I am happy with jinz username now and I will still use jinz even if JeanS is available.

Oh yes, cause someone active would like that username, also delete inactive users accounts probably 6-12 months inactive and they deactivate/delete the inactive account, and maybe the active user would take the username, like with Enzo, he would love the name Enzo and not 1Enzo, so stake please add this feature, you'd be helping us out - stake players. Good luck.