Forum topic earning cap is bad for conversation.

Qvvaser109

Featured Comment

I have noticed that most people are not engaging on topics after just a few comments. Even if the conversation of the topic is good. It must be that once commenting on a topic stops earning rewards, the members here don't see any reason to continue the conversation. That is not the forum's fault. I guess I can think of it as a filter for people that don't really care about whatever the topic is.

Well, many people are just posting for the reward so I guess it's a problem. Although, there might be rewards for posts without any sense or logic. I've seen many of them. However, there are many interesting topics that people forgot, sections too which Is bad for forums, appearence. I guess forum should rewards players who makes way more valuable posts.

I agree with FotisNt about posts without logic and sense. I think that there are many duplicated posts and some others that should not exists, like the "Self presentation" posts...To many posts to follow, and when you want to track them is kind of difficult.  Maybe a filter or a supervisor tech will be needed.  My opinion.  Good luck.

most of the topics,, for awhile now, is pretty much the sane thing. just wording is different.. and the description of the topic  from the creator. writes a two sentence brief of what to expect what people will say,,every thing the same.. expect the same response. and we all know that even this topic will resurface by a different creator with different wording.. hopefully there would be a different topic where players will engage in a good conversation, and no one would reinvent the topic. 

1 hour ago, Qvvaser109 said:

I have noticed that most people are not engaging on topics after just a few comments. Even if the conversation of the topic is good. It must be that once commenting on a topic stops earning rewards, the members here don't see any reason to continue the conversation. That is not the forum's fault. I guess I can think of it as a filter for people that don't really care about whatever the topic is.

I did not realize that was how it works. I thought it was a content/word count/quality/and section thing. 

I think no matter what, it is a miraculous opportunity to earn a little something for the time you spend sharing your point of view. How many of us have spent stupid amounts of time on click-bait survey b.s.?  This is REAL and that alone means that NOBODY should be totally broke at any time around here. 

I am surprised more people are not fully engaging in this genuine earning option. Even I do not take full advantage of it - and Chris, you may be right, it is likely that the conversations tend to dry up a fizzle out quickly. It is probably motivated (or demotivated) by the rewards (or lack thereof). 

Hmm. 

23 minutes ago, komiks said:

yeah some give therer comment, then leave, i think the real reason for the topic is to engage and to discuss, not just to get 1 comment, then leave, haha,better if the reward is getting bigger as they put more comment, like first comment of the person will give you 1000sat, then if he respond on the comment he will be able to get higher reward every paragraph, then getting higher after few more respond, then that will create a long conversation between the person who created the topic andthose who are engage.

Yeah but that would also open the doors to spam in the comments too. It's a tricky situation. 

4 hours ago, Qvvaser109 said:

I have noticed that most people are not engaging on topics after just a few comments. Even if the conversation of the topic is good. It must be that once commenting on a topic stops earning rewards, the members here don't see any reason to continue the conversation.

Oh, even I didn't know that it works like that. Surely topics tend to dry out at the rate the new ones keep coming in. Another sad thing is almost all attention goes to topics in the Stake Discussion section - people tend to ignore the rest because they aren't sure of the rewards there I believe. 

Maybe if there was a way it keeps shuffling as well so they don't only look for topics in Stake Discussion. Because some interesting topics don't come to the recent posts, apart for when the user first posted the topics - since all posts from stake discussion mainly and other few known sections keep flooding the recents. 

Also not sure if you have noticed, but I have seen so many users type almost the same thing many users have said. It doesn't even have a conclusion. For example one asked do you know how this bot works - the replies were "no i have no idea at all, it works to win or lose" O.o and similar answers when I had already commented and tried to explain how it works. But most didn't seem to read the previous comments except the poster himself. 

I know Stake has done an awful lot to reduce spam to reduce rewards to spammers and unnecessary comments, but I hope we can keep trying to make it better! :) 

This is actually quite the pickle in regards to the forum rewards cap, well the intention in the first place was to prevent newly created accounts or alts to be farming the forum rewards. I think it is somewhat a decent preventative measure but as you have mentioned the forum reward cap does indeed discourage proper lasting conversations on topics.

I wasn't really aware that that was how it worked either, as I also thought it was based on content as well.  It does seem that especially lately, there are a bunch of repeat and similar posts, especially here in the Stake Discussion section.  Every once in a while I try to go back and look at some "stale" topics and re-engage with them if the topic is something unique, but honestly most of the content is pretty repetitive. 

13 hours ago, Qvvaser109 said:

Having multiple comments in the same post do not affect how much you get paid. There's something else to it :)

Maybe sometimes the topic just gets forgotten due to new topics or updated topics. I always try to see to it that in all the posts I made, I try to lengthen the conversation with others, till it becomes dry. Haha

it's really hard for us to discuss on topics in the social media because maybe most people who commented just stopped to get a reward and rarely returned to discuss on that topic, but I like to do it in my language rom there we discuss a topic to find a bright spot.

10 hours ago, ceastem said:

Having multiple comments in the same post do not affect how much you get paid. There's something else to it :)

Maybe sometimes the topic just gets forgotten due to new topics or updated topics. I always try to see to it that in all the posts I made, I try to lengthen the conversation with others, till it becomes dry. Haha

There is a cap as to how much every person can earn on every topic. It's in the rules and guidelines.

This was a cool thread interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on the forum posting thanks Qvaser. I didn't know there was a cap on how much you can earn I think this is a good thing maybe even! It should encourage even better chatting? 

I only posted once in most topics, because I didn't wanna get accused of spamming by mods etc in them. But now I know the earning is capped as number of responses, in future I will just post even more than once in a thread if I think there is some interesting points to continue commenting on. 

Maybe we just need to draw more attention to this idea that it's ok to post more than once, and you won't even earn rewards as highly for future posts? I think this will make people feel safer to continue commenting in threads they already commented in, so in future I will do that now, thanks Qvvaser!

4 minutes ago, Hoffguy said:

This was a cool thread interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on the forum posting thanks Qvaser. I didn't know there was a cap on how much you can earn I think this is a good thing maybe even! It should encourage even better chatting? 

I only posted once in most topics, because I didn't wanna get accused of spamming by mods etc in them. But now I know the earning is capped as number of responses, in future I will just post even more than once in a thread if I think there is some interesting points to continue commenting on. 

Maybe we just need to draw more attention to this idea that it's ok to post more than once, and you won't even earn rewards as highly for future posts? I think this will make people feel safer to continue commenting in threads they already commented in, so in future I will do that now, thanks Qvvaser!

That's a good outlook on this. I don't even check if or how much my balance has gone up after I post a topic or a comment.  

This is definitely a good outlook.  I too have been guilty of only posting once in most topics only once from the beginning.  I also did not want my posts to be viewed as spam when I was a Noob.  And honestly, I believe I may have just gotten in that habit ever since.

Lillyflow's comment has me thinking now....about the survey type sites many use for earning coin. 

It really does make a lot more sense to put that time and effort into quality posts in forum.  I really hadn't thought about that. Especially considering what a huge amount of time I've put into survey and reward sites for the same purpose. 

Huh. You schooled me Lillyflow! :)

18 hours ago, Etude said:

This is actually quite the pickle in regards to the forum rewards cap, well the intention in the first place was to prevent newly created accounts or alts to be farming the forum rewards. I think it is somewhat a decent preventative measure but as you have mentioned the forum reward cap does indeed discourage proper lasting conversations on topics.

I agree with e to the tude.   People could really take advantage of the reward system and earn a whole lot of btc by posting bull crap posts.   I think Stake forum developers put this in place for a very good reason.   To stop abuse.   Granted some people I am sure are making very good posts and posting for the right reason but there are very few people like this.  

13 hours ago, Qvvaser109 said:

There is a cap as to how much every person can earn on every topic. It's in the rules and guidelines.

Ohh that's the cap you're talking about. That cap is only for individual comments. For example: If i comment in a post, I can have 3000 sats as maximum payout for that comment. The same goes with posts. The cap is 7500 sats which is the maximum sats you can receive per new topic that you make. Meaning, I can make another comment in the same thread which can have a maximum reward of 3k sat again :) 

What I'm saying is that talking in the same thread doesn't lessen your rewards one bit. There's something else to it :)

I've read the rules and guidelines and I try to abide to it as much as I can. If you want, I can provide a screenshot of how much I make from commenting in this same thread just to prove it to you. That's only if you still don't believe me :) 

1 minute ago, williamshennie9 said:

I sometimes have a full on conversation with some users if I am really into a topic. Even if it doesn't pay in that section, it is still super interesting to engage and chat to people about a topic you have a lot to say about.

Agreed. That is the point of the forum afterall.  

To be honest I feel the same way as William. I do sometimes have long conversations with users If im really liking and finding the topic interesting. But, I feel like people just come for the money and dont care what they put. 

That's kinda ridiculous that people do this. But tbh we do like getting the money but i don't just come for the money I come and talk to you guys about interesting things within stake. :)

Yeah but there is a system in place here that discourages posting soley for reward. Like if you only post in categories that pay then it will be noticed. If you are posting poorly written comments it will be noticed. 

The one thing though that even for me is difficult. Is reading all the past posts in a topic before contributing your post. I think one should too know what is being talked about so that one stays relevant. Also so that its not just a bunch of individual comments being made but a conversation or discussion. 

But its time consuming! you know what ima make a post on about this lol. 

50 minutes ago, blueprints said:

you know what ima make a post on about this lol.

I'm afraid GKD already made a post about this. I think it was entitled "Do you read past comments" or something around that line. Haha

Anyway, I'm gonna say this again, I think they heavily misunderstood the meaning of "7500 per post and 3000 per comment". They think that if you comment on the same topic long enough, you won't receive compensation anymore. Which is wrong. That's why they keep on talking and talking here and my comment got buried somewhere in the middle. Haha

20 hours ago, williamshennie9 said:

I sometimes have a full on conversation with some users if I am really into a topic. Even if it doesn't pay in that section, it is still super interesting to engage and chat to people about a topic you have a lot to say about.

True but nowadays, people may prefer a no sense topic just to get a small reward instead of a valuable comment, thats the annoying part. Although thankfully there are still valuable people to communicate here.

Archived