Stake Forum
S1MPL3X

What do you guys think about gambling addictions?

Featured Comment

this article in my eyes is very true especialy what it says in the causes of addiction and gambling addict -->>>For many people, gambling is harmless fun, but it can become a problem. This type of compulsive behavior is often called "problem gambling."

A gambling addiction is a progressive addiction that can have many negative psychological, physical, and social repercussions. It is classed as an impulse-control disorder.

It is included in the American Psychiatric Association (APA's) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, fifth edition (DSM-5).

Problem gambling is harmful to psychological and physical health. People who live with this addiction may experience depression, migraine, distress, intestinal disorders, and other anxiety-related problems.

As with other addictions, the consequences of gambling can lead to feelings of despondency and helplessness. In some cases, this can lead to attempts at suicide.

The rate of problem gambling has risen globally over the last few years. In the United States in 2012, around 5.77 million people had a gambling disorder that needed treatment.

Because of its harmful consequences, gambling addiction has become a significant public health concern in many countries.

Just now, S1MPL3X said:

this article in my eyes is very true especialy what it says in the causes of addiction and gambling addict -->>>For many people, gambling is harmless fun, but it can become a problem. This type of compulsive behavior is often called "problem gambling."

A gambling addiction is a progressive addiction that can have many negative psychological, physical, and social repercussions. It is classed as an impulse-control disorder.

It is included in the American Psychiatric Association (APA's) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, fifth edition (DSM-5).

Problem gambling is harmful to psychological and physical health. People who live with this addiction may experience depression, migraine, distress, intestinal disorders, and other anxiety-related problems.

As with other addictions, the consequences of gambling can lead to feelings of despondency and helplessness. In some cases, this can lead to attempts at suicide.

The rate of problem gambling has risen globally over the last few years. In the United States in 2012, around 5.77 million people had a gambling disorder that needed treatment.

Because of its harmful consequences, gambling addiction has become a significant public health concern in many countries.

I think gambling addictions are a very very serious problem!!!   They are no joke and have ruined lives.   If you feel you have one please get help.   It only gets worse.  

I have to agree with Paecga129 on this one. Gambling addictions are really a serious problem and once you have one it is quite hard to turn back away from it. as she said they aren't a joke... When you have a gambling addiction, They are really hard to stop. Just like any addiction really. And yeah It only gets worse and worse the further you go in to the addiction, sadly.

Ependence on games, but what about close people? They are forced to live in constant anxiety and fear hidden in the depths. The peculiarity of the situation is that outwardly a person looks absolutely adequate, looking straight into his eyes, says that everything is fine, nothing happened. The true situation becomes clear only when the gamer is on the next day. There is no sense of security, stability in life, confidence in the future. After all, he can play in debt, while writing only a receipt. Do you understand what this may lead to? Dependence on something is a big problem and no matter what ... from the game, from alcohol, from drugs .... I think that everything should be in moderation, you need to control yourself ....

Well I think that it's pretty easy to get addicted to gambling and lose continuously until it becomes way more serious. Gambling is a huge problem nowadays, people have ruined their lifes due to it. I did experience it in the past on sports betting but not that hard, got over it pretty fast. These people actually need a lot of help, but they are actually have everyone else blaming them for what they do which can't be stopped easily.

Being extremist in everything isn’t good things . Extremists always become to be an addictive. When addictive that mind makes you more problems. To solve this problem, you should try meditation for one hour per day. 

12 hours ago, Kippo said:

Being extremist in everything isn’t good things . Extremists always become to be an addictive. When addictive that mind makes you more problems. To solve this problem, you should try meditation for one hour per day. 

What kind of meditation would solve that? I need to know that!xD Also reducing it to less hours each day would help at that I guess. 

thank you for giving me the knowledge that I didn't know before that it was very sad when we were addicted to gambling, I've been thinking gambling is fun so far, so I consider it harmless, but after a long time I played and I often felt the symptoms you mentioned, it started from looking for pleasure to become an addiction that made me like miggrant.

People just don't look at a gambling addiction the same as say a drug addiction. More often drug addicts are looked at with pity whereas someone who can't stop gambling/losing is generally seen as stupid or looked at with anger. Most people here probably doesn't relate to that mindset but it's what I often hear from people who never gamble. I think it's because a person gets something out of a drug like a high but with a gambler you only look at the end result, money wasted for nothing. The same systems are at play with the reward center of the brain and both are chasing that rush.

Do you know yoga. That is the easiest way for ordinary people start to learn meditation. 

1 hour ago, FotisNt said:

What kind of meditation would solve that? I need to know that!xD Also reducing it to less hours each day would help at that I guess. 

1 hour ago, Kippo said:

Do you know yoga. That is the easiest way for ordinary people start to learn meditation. 

Oohh, yeah I know yoga, who doesn't.xD I guess that might help on gambling problem just a bit, to play safer and bust less or also give you a sign to stop wjhen you're already in profits?

32 minutes ago, FotisNt said:

Oohh, yeah I know yoga, who doesn't.xD I guess that might help on gambling problem just a bit, to play safer and bust less or also give you a sign to stop wjhen you're already in profits?

Meditation can’t effect on your win or lose in gambling because it’s not magic and prophet . I hope you can see the related points between gambling and meditation by looking the facts below .

——-

What is meditation?

Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness, or focusing their mind on a particular object, thought or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state.

Why meditation is important? 

The goal of meditation is to go beyond the mind and experience our essential nature which is described as peace, happiness, and bliss. But as anyone who has tried to meditate knows, the mind itself is the biggest obstacle standing between ourselves and this awareness.

Scientists found that these individuals' brains were larger than their non-meditating counterparts. Another study found that aging people who meditate regularly don't lose their gray matter as fast as non-meditators. ... Furthermore, researchers have concluded that meditation can actually make a person more intelligent.

benefits

1. Reduces Stress

2. Controls Anxiety

3. Promotes Emotional Health

4. Enhances Self-Awareness

5. Lengthens Attention Span

6. May Reduce Age-Related Memory Loss

7. Can Generate Kindness 

8. Improves Sleep

9. Helps control pain

10. Can Decrease Blood Pressure

For many people, gambling is harmless fun, but it can become a problem. This type of compulsive behavior is often called "problem gambling."

I think I am that person. For me gambling is harmless because I try to control what I am doing. For example never exceed my set budget and I do frequent breaks not only during play but even a few or more days when I don't gamble at all. This helps me to clean my mind and not get suck in. I try to focus on other things and relax. When I play I set small goals instead of big dream goals that are unrealistic. 

Anything that comes with addiction is detrimental to the soul, spirit and body of a being. And gambling is the worst of all. If you are addicted to gamble, there won't be absolutely nothing you won't be able to gamble away, so far it fuels your addiction and makes you become normal. Gambling addiction will make you go into debts that you may not be able to recover from and then it will finish you in all aspects of life. There are big time players that lost everything because of gambling addiction.

Then you won't follow the real rules of gambling. You can steal to gamble, and you are not gambling to win, you are gambling not to lose, so you gamble carelessly.

Gambling addiction is a bad bad spirit and habit, and anyone with it, should get a psychiatrist and a physical help.

It is a very serious problem I admit that too. I would also say I have a slight problem with that too. But as of right now, I am still controlling myself. This has helped me reached my first goal already, which is good. But like everyone has said, gambling in long term will make you lose money. If you think you are serious addicted, get some help. But it’s all about self control.

the word addiction is basically define as a terrible habit that can do harm to you.. and can affect the people that surrounds you.. that is how i define it.. so is a problem that person has.. i don't have a gambling addiction. is habit.. not addiction.. i love gambling. why it has to be an addiction that something you love to do.. because i cannot stop. wrong i can stop.. i can stop anytime... how if you wondering.. if i dont have money.. and plus i dont have a problem with it,. its not harming physically or even financially. gambling to me is entertainment. is enjoyable.. i dont need a therapist to tell me is wrong... how.. when i dont see a problem with it.. they are not living my life right.. im grown i know between right and wrong whats good for me and whats not.. but if people can't handle their own gambling habit then they should seek help..