Jump to content
Stake Forum
iamsheikhadil

Addicted to gambling but want to save coins?

Featured Comment

As you see that the crypto world is rising up recently and many recent busters are sad that they should have instead hodl rather than losing the funds. 

But ya know, as a gambler it's really really hard. So, don't blame yourself. I understand, it happens ;)

So I'll tell you what I do to save coins. And what methods have failed. 

1) Withdrawing winnings or balances as cash. Result - Fail. Reason : Went next day to deposit it in bank and bust.

2) Buying stocks. Result - Fail. Reason : Even when sold at a profit, busted it all instantly by depositing.

3) Depositing it in bank fixed deposit. Result - Fail. Reason : There's a form in bank where you can withdraw you fixed deposit by paying a nominal charge. And that charge is really small if in your mind you have already dreamt of turning your few hundred bucks into millions in your next gambling season ;) but bust it eventually :)

4) Vault. Result - Fail. Reason : Takes only 10 minutes max to withdraw and bust.

5) Giving it to a friend to store. Result - Fail. You will ask it back sooner than you expect. If he doesn't give, you will insult him as your mind will be in love with gambling. It will damage your relationship with the friend and will also lead you to bust your funds.

Now what worked for me. 

I will not disclose my crypto portfolios here. 

But I have some good bags of different coins like ripple, dogecoins and Steller lumens. What I did?

Have a spare smartphone. A smartphone will very clean memory. No virus or malware.

Download a cold wallet that will give you keys of your wallet. 

Make sure it supports multiple coins or you would have to download multiple wallets.

Now store all your coins in this. Write or copy down the coin deposit addresses. 

Download app locker and buy the pro version. It costs only like $5. I'm sure the $5 will be nothing compared to what you save. 

Lock the wallet with 5-10 years lock time. For me, I did it for 5 years. You can do for few months. But I only deposit coins there that I don't need as I save emergency funds separately. 

So after locking it up, you can deposit any coin you want without taking it out before the required time.

Now, you would love to take it out sooner because your gambling side will tell you to. But you can't. 

Because, you must NOT create a back up for your wallet. If you create, be pretty sure you will withdraw the funds from a different phone.

So make sure to not have a back up for the wallet. And manage the phone daily. Because it must last to whatever lock time you have locked the app for.

There you go, you have an wallet that can be opened only when crypto is beyond moon and you can't take it out and bust before you are a super rich!

This is what am doing for past few months.

Like my idea? I appreciate all kind of appreciations, I have same username on stake, so would love some thanks on stake chat as well ;) would love critics :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ehh really i dont think it possible for addicted gambling save coins. lol, 

1) Withdrawing winnings or balances as cash. Result - Fail. Reason : Went next day to deposit it in bank and bust.  

- atleast you got coin for the next day , or u just bust it yesterday , this one work in short term

2) Buying stocks. Result - Fail. Reason : Even when sold at a profit, busted it all instantly by depositing.

- this one not save coin tho, this is investment , ur money take risk to got more or less not save

 3) Depositing it in bank fixed deposit. Result - Fail. Reason : There's a form in bank where you can withdraw you fixed deposit by paying a nominal charge. And that charge is really small if in your mind you have already dreamt of turning your few hundred bucks into millions in your next gambling season  but bust it eventually 

-this totally not work for addicted gambler

4) Vault. Result - Fail. Reason : Takes only 10 minutes max to withdraw and bust.

- haha vault is very useless , i can withdraw it faster than anything now 

5) Giving it to a friend to store. Result - Fail. You will ask it back sooner than you expect. If he doesn't give, you will insult him as your mind will be in love with gambling. It will damage your relationship with the friend and will also lead you to bust your funds.

-i think this isnt a good idea , u cant give your money to anyone else but you , when u lose is lose, u cant blame your friend for losing your money somehow . like thief or got cheated. so your money have be with you. this is totally fail

.

and cold wallet and lock version apps pro is so complicated 

it would be cool if there have a wallet but we can set up lock time... like 1 day , 2 day ... 1 month....  we would be rich if we can save money on gambling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-this totally not work for addicted gambler

yeah no, you can just save it if you are not an addicted gamblers, but it works for addicted ones completely right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it is a good idea to store coins for a longe period. I have a couple of wallets as well where I store for long term but I do not need to lock them cause I am a very dedicated gambler that aways stick to its limits and stakes. 

I have a decent life, run a couple businesses and can give my family everything that they need. If I wanted to I could easily deposit 250$ daily to stake or any other gambling platform but I set myself a limit of 500€ weekly that I spend on gambling. This includes everything, stake, casino, poker and sport betting. But to be honest I hardly need to make a fresh weekly deposit. I manage strict bankroll management. Like for example it has been over 9 months I had to deposit in my sport betting account. I just build it up slowly and after 9 months my main sport betting account contains a couple thousand $ all build from a single 500$ deposit. and in meantime I withdrew profits almost every month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

-this totally not work for addicted gambler

yeah no, you can just save it if you are not an addictedgamblers, but it works for addicted ones completely right.

there nothing to say if we not addicted one  .. everything will be ez pz money will never run out dont have to save it still here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're at this level of intensity where you literally redeposit every withdraw you make, it isn't just something you can shake.
If you are in this kind of position, it is absolutely imperative that you seek professional aid, see a therapist or psychologist and get this addressed.
Gambling should always be done for fun and never for profit. Don't bet what you can't lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, iamsheikhadil said:

As you see that the crypto world is rising up recently and many recent busters are sad that they should have instead hodl rather than losing the funds. 

But ya know, as a gambler it's really really hard. So, don't blame yourself. I understand, it happens ;)

So I'll tell you what I do to save coins. And what methods have failed. 

1) Withdrawing winnings or balances as cash. Result - Fail. Reason : Went next day to deposit it in bank and bust.

2) Buying stocks. Result - Fail. Reason : Even when sold at a profit, busted it all instantly by depositing.

3) Depositing it in bank fixed deposit. Result - Fail. Reason : There's a form in bank where you can withdraw you fixed deposit by paying a nominal charge. And that charge is really small if in your mind you have already dreamt of turning your few hundred bucks into millions in your next gambling season ;) but bust it eventually :)

4) Vault. Result - Fail. Reason : Takes only 10 minutes max to withdraw and bust.

5) Giving it to a friend to store. Result - Fail. You will ask it back sooner than you expect. If he doesn't give, you will insult him as your mind will be in love with gambling. It will damage your relationship with the friend and will also lead you to bust your funds.

Now what worked for me. 

I will not disclose my crypto portfolios here. 

But I have some good bags of different coins like ripple, dogecoins and Steller lumens. What I did?

Have a spare smartphone. A smartphone will very clean memory. No virus or malware.

Download a cold wallet that will give you keys of your wallet. 

Make sure it supports multiple coins or you would have to download multiple wallets.

Now store all your coins in this. Write or copy down the coin deposit addresses. 

Download app locker and buy the pro version. It costs only like $5. I'm sure the $5 will be nothing compared to what you save. 

Lock the wallet with 5-10 years lock time. For me, I did it for 5 years. You can do for few months. But I only deposit coins there that I don't need as I save emergency funds separately. 

So after locking it up, you can deposit any coin you want without taking it out before the required time.

Now, you would love to take it out sooner because your gambling side will tell you to. But you can't. 

Because, you must NOT create a back up for your wallet. If you create, be pretty sure you will withdraw the funds from a different phone.

So make sure to not have a back up for the wallet. And manage the phone daily. Because it must last to whatever lock time you have locked the app for.

There you go, you have an wallet that can be opened only when crypto is beyond moon and you can't take it out and bust before you are a super rich!

This is what am doing for past few months.

Like my idea? I appreciate all kind of appreciations, I have same username on stake, so would love some thanks on stake chat as well ;) would love critics :)

Well my dear you have your self in quite he predicament now don’t you.    Gambling and saving is like two totally different worlds.   A lot of people spend their savings gambling although some make a savings from gambling.   🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still a huge gamble. There's no way all the alts will maintain a stable ratio to each other, btc and your local currency. 100% certainty some will go up and some will go down after 5 years, and you may not like what comes out. Especially for less traded alts, I would absolutely believe it if you told me doge is 5 cents or 5 dollars or 50000 to a dollar in 5 years.

Even so, historically the success rate is insane. There is a good reason many people who became millionaires are those who forgot their passwords, or couldn't access their btc, or suddenly found it in old hard drives. Sometimes doing nothing is the hardest investing decision of all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your idea of using a second smart phone is quite genius If I do say so myself. I'd have to try that but my strategy for saving is, getting so inebriated that I place paper wallets or hardware wallets in places I won't remember, and then forgetting about them for sometimes years.

My favorite example of doing that: 
I used to order a lot of drugs off silkroad when BTC was around $11. Accumulated quite a lot of BTC, well, while in one of my binges I recall burying a hardware wallet with some unknown amount of BTC on it, in a metal case. In my backyard. So, I potentially have a gigantic amount of money in my backyard. The PROBLEM, is that I have no fucking clue where I buried it...I've considered hiring a crew to dig out my backyard probably 3 ft down at least, and paying them with the findings. But that's IF i find it, and IF it still works and is recoverable. So...i've either fucked myself, or wasted some time. We'll see in a few months when I install a sprinkler system anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enzo said:

Your idea of using a second smart phone is quite genius If I do say so myself. I'd have to try that but my strategy for saving is, getting so inebriated that I place paper wallets or hardware wallets in places I won't remember, and then forgetting about them for sometimes years.

My favorite example of doing that: 
I used to order a lot of drugs off silkroad when BTC was around $11. Accumulated quite a lot of BTC, well, while in one of my binges I recall burying a hardware wallet with some unknown amount of BTC on it, in a metal case. In my backyard. So, I potentially have a gigantic amount of money in my backyard. The PROBLEM, is that I have no fucking clue where I buried it...I've considered hiring a crew to dig out my backyard probably 3 ft down at least, and paying them with the findings. But that's IF i find it, and IF it still works and is recoverable. So...i've either fucked myself, or wasted some time. We'll see in a few months when I install a sprinkler system anyway.

It at 11k usd now if u lock ur btc back , it might back to 11$ and what u keep is useless , no one guarantee that btc will up and up and up forever , no one know , me too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, iamsheikhadil said:

As you see that the crypto world is rising up recently and many recent busters are sad that they should have instead hodl rather than losing the funds. 

But ya know, as a gambler it's really really hard. So, don't blame yourself. I understand, it happens ;)

So I'll tell you what I do to save coins. And what methods have failed. 

1) Withdrawing winnings or balances as cash. Result - Fail. Reason : Went next day to deposit it in bank and bust.

2) Buying stocks. Result - Fail. Reason : Even when sold at a profit, busted it all instantly by depositing.

3) Depositing it in bank fixed deposit. Result - Fail. Reason : There's a form in bank where you can withdraw you fixed deposit by paying a nominal charge. And that charge is really small if in your mind you have already dreamt of turning your few hundred bucks into millions in your next gambling season ;) but bust it eventually :)

4) Vault. Result - Fail. Reason : Takes only 10 minutes max to withdraw and bust.

5) Giving it to a friend to store. Result - Fail. You will ask it back sooner than you expect. If he doesn't give, you will insult him as your mind will be in love with gambling. It will damage your relationship with the friend and will also lead you to bust your funds.

Now what worked for me. 

I will not disclose my crypto portfolios here. 

But I have some good bags of different coins like ripple, dogecoins and Steller lumens. What I did?

Have a spare smartphone. A smartphone will very clean memory. No virus or malware.

Download a cold wallet that will give you keys of your wallet. 

Make sure it supports multiple coins or you would have to download multiple wallets.

Now store all your coins in this. Write or copy down the coin deposit addresses. 

Download app locker and buy the pro version. It costs only like $5. I'm sure the $5 will be nothing compared to what you save. 

Lock the wallet with 5-10 years lock time. For me, I did it for 5 years. You can do for few months. But I only deposit coins there that I don't need as I save emergency funds separately. 

So after locking it up, you can deposit any coin you want without taking it out before the required time.

Now, you would love to take it out sooner because your gambling side will tell you to. But you can't. 

Because, you must NOT create a back up for your wallet. If you create, be pretty sure you will withdraw the funds from a different phone.

So make sure to not have a back up for the wallet. And manage the phone daily. Because it must last to whatever lock time you have locked the app for.

There you go, you have an wallet that can be opened only when crypto is beyond moon and you can't take it out and bust before you are a super rich!

This is what am doing for past few months.

Like my idea? I appreciate all kind of appreciations, I have same username on stake, so would love some thanks on stake chat as well ;) would love critics :)

Generally we all have to fail over and over again before we succeed.  On the face, this seems like a good way to lock up your coins to make sure HODL them and not gamble them away.  My question is:  If you are using a second phone for this wallet with all of your funds and maintaining it every day, what happens when whatever operating system that phone uses is no longer supported by the manufacturer, and will no longer be able to update and keep up with current software updates?  For example with iPhones, I have one that is maybe 3 years old but it is no longer supported as far as most major updates by the manufacturer since they come out with new ones 2 or 3 times a year it seems these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CntryBoy said:

Generally we all have to fail over and over again before we succeed.  On the face, this seems like a good way to lock up your coins to make sure HODL them and not gamble them away.  My question is:  If you are using a second phone for this wallet with all of your funds and maintaining it every day, what happens when whatever operating system that phone uses is no longer supported by the manufacturer, and will no longer be able to update and keep up with current software updates?  For example with iPhones, I have one that is maybe 3 years old but it is no longer supported as far as most major updates by the manufacturer since they come out with new ones 2 or 3 times a year it seems these days.

That's why I prefer Android. I have the latest OS. I don't know much about the technicality about these like if they stop supporting the OS. I guess there will still be some ways by which we can extract the private keys stored in the phone somehow. This is a good caution. I will do some research on it. I think desktop wallets will be better then in these cases as I have windows 7 since 2013 and still works fine :P I wonder if I saved some in 2013, how rich I would be now xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that;s is the bad habits of gambling... if you win big. say more then enough of the required wd amount.. you would like to break it like this. wd the minimal., to  your outside wallet.. what ever you have let.. put half int eh vault.. and the other half on your balance.. now the half in your balance trade that in with a lesser coin. doge or ltc.., if you want to trade in with the full balance  is up to you,, but ill trade of that balance. now try to build up with the lesser coins.. not to wd but to get the minimal amount to trade for btc.. make it challenge. you will save on the btc form your outside wallet u have different coins to build up and you got some in the vault if needed.. follow these steps...if you want to keep playing longer.. is up to you how to make that profit..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, iamsheikhadil said:

That's why I prefer Android. I have the latest OS. I don't know much about the technicality about these like if they stop supporting the OS. I guess there will still be some ways by which we can extract the private keys stored in the phone somehow. This is a good caution. I will do some research on it. I think desktop wallets will be better then in these cases as I have windows 7 since 2013 and still works fine :P I wonder if I saved some in 2013, how rich I would be now xD

I'm not sure how the Android platform works much either as far as being supported indefinitely, I have almost always used the iPhone.  There is surely a way I would imagine to extract the private keys I would think, but I was just curious as you said NOT to make a back-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 12:10 PM, iamsheikhadil said:

As you see that the crypto world is rising up recently and many recent busters are sad that they should have instead hodl rather than losing the funds. 

But ya know, as a gambler it's really really hard. So, don't blame yourself. I understand, it happens ;)

So I'll tell you what I do to save coins. And what methods have failed. 

1) Withdrawing winnings or balances as cash. Result - Fail. Reason : Went next day to deposit it in bank and bust.

2) Buying stocks. Result - Fail. Reason : Even when sold at a profit, busted it all instantly by depositing.

3) Depositing it in bank fixed deposit. Result - Fail. Reason : There's a form in bank where you can withdraw you fixed deposit by paying a nominal charge. And that charge is really small if in your mind you have already dreamt of turning your few hundred bucks into millions in your next gambling season ;) but bust it eventually :)

4) Vault. Result - Fail. Reason : Takes only 10 minutes max to withdraw and bust.

5) Giving it to a friend to store. Result - Fail. You will ask it back sooner than you expect. If he doesn't give, you will insult him as your mind will be in love with gambling. It will damage your relationship with the friend and will also lead you to bust your funds.

Now what worked for me. 

I will not disclose my crypto portfolios here. 

But I have some good bags of different coins like ripple, dogecoins and Steller lumens. What I did?

Have a spare smartphone. A smartphone will very clean memory. No virus or malware.

Download a cold wallet that will give you keys of your wallet. 

Make sure it supports multiple coins or you would have to download multiple wallets.

Now store all your coins in this. Write or copy down the coin deposit addresses. 

Download app locker and buy the pro version. It costs only like $5. I'm sure the $5 will be nothing compared to what you save. 

Lock the wallet with 5-10 years lock time. For me, I did it for 5 years. You can do for few months. But I only deposit coins there that I don't need as I save emergency funds separately. 

So after locking it up, you can deposit any coin you want without taking it out before the required time.

Now, you would love to take it out sooner because your gambling side will tell you to. But you can't. 

Because, you must NOT create a back up for your wallet. If you create, be pretty sure you will withdraw the funds from a different phone.

So make sure to not have a back up for the wallet. And manage the phone daily. Because it must last to whatever lock time you have locked the app for.

There you go, you have an wallet that can be opened only when crypto is beyond moon and you can't take it out and bust before you are a super rich!

This is what am doing for past few months.

Like my idea? I appreciate all kind of appreciations, I have same username on stake, so would love some thanks on stake chat as well ;) would love critics :)

a pretty good idea to lock in coins that can only be taken when the time period has arrived ...

but I myself have strict principles and rules for all the coins I get ... I don't need all of this ...

even when I lost a bet, I would not take the coin that I had saved my wallet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×