Stake Forum
ceastem

Any suggestions?

Featured Comment

I'm in my 20s now and I can feel my tummy getting bigger. probably due to a lot of drinking and too much stake. Haha

Do you guys have certain schedules or routines that you do in exercises for abs? I'd like to have those abs like Eddie after a few months :D 

Food suggestions are welcome too like what to avoid, and what to eat. :D 

I already searched google for some of these but I'd like to hear your opinions on this one :) 

I feel your pain brother. My suggestions would be to join a gym and focus on the main compound movements (squat, bench, deadlift, barbell row and overhead press). Start off with just the bar and focus on form and incremently increase the weight each workout.

The program i started off with was nsuns 5/3/1, its a 5 day program with incorporates these main lifts. You can find it on reddit, its an excel sheet with guides you day in and day out.

I don't have much experience with dieting, I have the opposite problem as you, I struggle to gain weight. But its common sense haha, If you want to lose weight then start tracking the calories you intake each day and eat below that ie calorie deficit. You first want to figure out how much calories you need to intake to maintain the weight you currently are at then go from there.

GL man, main thing is staying consistent in whatever you do.

22 hours ago, hillowner45 said:

I feel your pain brother. My suggestions would be to join a gym and focus on the main compound movements (squat, bench, deadlift, barbell row and overhead press). Start off with just the bar and focus on form and incremently increase the weight each workout.

The program i started off with was nsuns 5/3/1, its a 5 day program with incorporates these main lifts. You can find it on reddit, its an excel sheet with guides you day in and day out.

I don't have much experience with dieting, I have the opposite problem as you, I struggle to gain weight. But its common sense haha, If you want to lose weight then start tracking the calories you intake each day and eat below that ie calorie deficit. You first want to figure out how much calories you need to intake to maintain the weight you currently are at then go from there.

GL man, main thing is staying consistent in whatever you do.

I'll keep that in mind mate :)

I'll just need to find my determination and discipline hidden somewhere... HAHA

I already tried exercising before but after a few weeks i became tired of it or just stop without realizing it :( 

Hey lol, I'm in my 20s too and came back from university and currently unemployed and just staying at home, so I kinda feel you! xD 

I have always played sport and was eager to exercise to keep the abs intact youlo :P But ever since university ended and I came back to my country I haven't played much sport and neither do I do anything more than hang around my electronics. I know its bad and its not really healthy etc. I would love to go out with friends or play sport but most of them are abroad and hence I don't have much interesting stuff to do atm. 

I do occasionally play badminton with some friends who work so only during the weekends. For once in my life I feel myself gaining something now and I dont like it all xD I'm really lazy to start working out again, and don't have that much of a motive. But I try not to eat too much.

I'm sure you've heard about the no carb diets (which are hard), or also the diets where you alternate between no carbs and then another day no fats. I have a friend who does this and it seems to work well. 

I sadly don't do that much so I cant give my input. I just eat less than I feel like sometimes thats it xD Hope you get back in shape! ;) 

32 minutes ago, GKD09 said:

Hey lol, I'm in my 20s too and came back from university and currently unemployed and just staying at home, so I kinda feel you! xD 

I have always played sport and was eager to exercise to keep the abs intact youlo :P But ever since university ended and I came back to my country I haven't played much sport and neither do I do anything more than hang around my electronics. I know its bad and its not really healthy etc. I would love to go out with friends or play sport but most of them are abroad and hence I don't have much interesting stuff to do atm. 

I do occasionally play badminton with some friends who work so only during the weekends. For once in my life I feel myself gaining something now and I dont like it all xD I'm really lazy to start working out again, and don't have that much of a motive. But I try not to eat too much.

I'm sure you've heard about the no carb diets (which are hard), or also the diets where you alternate between no carbs and then another day no fats. I have a friend who does this and it seems to work well. 

I sadly don't do that much so I cant give my input. I just eat less than I feel like sometimes thats it xD Hope you get back in shape! ;) 

We're practically the same!

When I was in high school, I always played basketball and other outdoor games. Ever since I went to college and studied engineering up to present, I always had a lot of stress eating, drinking celebrations, computer games, etc. that really put me out of shape. Haha

those no carb diets and no fats diets are hard since almost all the food I know have those here :( (exceot veggies)

Vegetables everyday isn't really my thing... so Maybe I'm doomed to be fat for life. HAHAHA

23 hours ago, ceastem said:

I'll keep that in mind mate :)

I'll just need to find my determination and discipline hidden somewhere... HAHA

I already tried exercising before but after a few weeks i became tired of it or just stop without realizing it :( 

Bro weight lifting is the way to go, each workout you do, you'll be lifting heavier weights and that will motivate you because you see progress straight away. 

Get your girlfriend to join your workouts, keep each other accountable

5 minutes ago, hillowner45 said:

Bro weight lifting is the way to go, each workout you do, you'll be lifting heavier weights and that will motivate you because you see progress straight away. 

Get your girlfriend to join your workouts, keep each other accountable

Yep I started exercising yesterday and I'm experiencing pain all around my body today so I'm taking it a day off today. (Or should I not? )

Sadly we are far away from each other these days :(

My cat lazing around all day is not a good companion at all for my motivation. HAHA

1 minute ago, ceastem said:

Yep I started exercising yesterday and I'm experiencing pain all around my body today so I'm taking it a day off today. (Or should I not? )

Sadly we are far away from each other these days :(

My cat lazing around all day is not a good companion at all for my motivation. HAHA

What's your exercise routine looking like?

The pain that you experiencing is called DOMS (Delayed onset of muscle soreness) which happens 24-48 hours after exercising. When you lift weights, you cause micro tears in the fibres of your muscles which undergo inflammation to repair and grow bigger and stronger for next time. Whether or not you exercise today depends...If you did an upper body session for example, then doing a lower body session would be appropiate. If the pain is more than a 6/10 (0/10 being no pain at all and 10/10 being the worst pain you've ever experienced) then take the day off. But you know your body the best bro. The pain will actually resolve quicker if you do a similar workout today but lower the weight and intensity, because you will provide bloodflow to the areas of soreness.

Sorry haha but that's why dogs are better :P

3 minutes ago, hillowner45 said:

What's your exercise routine looking like?

The pain that you experiencing is called DOMS (Delayed onset of muscle soreness) which happens 24-48 hours after exercising. When you lift weights, you cause micro tears in the fibres of your muscles which undergo inflammation to repair and grow bigger and stronger for next time. Whether or not you exercise today depends...If you did an upper body session for example, then doing a lower body session would be appropiate. If the pain is more than a 6/10 (0/10 being no pain at all and 10/10 being the worst pain you've ever experienced) then take the day off. But you know your body the best bro. The pain will actually resolve quicker if you do a similar workout today but lower the weight and intensity, because you will provide bloodflow to the areas of soreness.

Sorry haha but that's why dogs are better :P

It's not much but

I started jogging for 2 km. (I used google maps for reference)

After that I did some dumbells. 12 pounds on each hand and 4 sets of 20 times lifting it (don't know what it's called) haha

After that I did planks, push ups, and sit ups routines. After that I was sweating like crazy and I decided to stop. Haha

Sorry If I'm a noob at this but that's what I can do for now xD

Ohhh so all I need to do if i experience these pain is to lower the amount of what I did yesterday? Didn't know about that. I thought doing it every other day would be good. Guess I was wrong.  Haha

What I'm feeling is like 5/10 or 6/10 maybe since I can still move around but it causes pain sometimes when I move. 

22 hours ago, ceastem said:

Ever since I went to college and studied engineering up to present,

Lol I did engineering as well. What exactly did you study? I studied Mechanical engineering xD 

22 hours ago, ceastem said:

Vegetables everyday isn't really my thing... so Maybe I'm doomed to be fat for life. HAHAHA

Its a good thing you like veggies.. I hate it when having it just (like boiled etc), but I dont mind it if its with some good meat which is also fine. Some lean meat to go with the seasoned veggies :P 

Apart from that get your lazy arse up and start playing ball or working out haha. If you really want it I'm sure you can do it! :D 

11 minutes ago, GKD09 said:

Lol I did engineering as well. What exactly did you study?

I studied civil engineering :)

I'm not cut for Mechanical since I'm not a fan of machineries and cars. Haha

But it is my dream to build my own house and do special designs on it so I went to civil Haha

12 minutes ago, GKD09 said:

Apart from that get your lazy arse up and start playing ball or working out haha. If you really want it I'm sure you can do it!

I'll do my best! :) 

36 minutes ago, ceastem said:

It's not much but

I started jogging for 2 km. (I used google maps for reference)

After that I did some dumbells. 12 pounds on each hand and 4 sets of 20 times lifting it (don't know what it's called) haha

After that I did planks, push ups, and sit ups routines. After that I was sweating like crazy and I decided to stop. Haha

Sorry If I'm a noob at this but that's what I can do for now xD

Ohhh so all I need to do if i experience these pain is to lower the amount of what I did yesterday? Didn't know about that. I thought doing it every other day would be good. Guess I was wrong.  Haha

What I'm feeling is like 5/10 or 6/10 maybe since I can still move around but it causes pain sometimes when I move. 

Nah keep it up bro! I used to do something similar when I first started and had no access to equipment. Its not optimal but it gets the job done and is better than doing nothing. 

Unfortunately nothing is black and white when it comes to exercise lol. But if you are doing that routine I reckon you can get away with doing it everyday. Our bodies are great at adapting and those exercises aren't intensive on your central nervous system so you'll recover quicker the more you do it.

If you want to get rid of the muscle soreness quicker you can apply ice for 15 minutes at a time, 45 minutes off as often as you can.

3 minutes ago, hillowner45 said:

If you want to get rid of the muscle soreness quicker you can apply ice for 15 minutes at a time, 45 minutes off as often as you can.

Ohh this is new knowledge for me. Thank you so much! 

As much as possible I don't want to purchase membership at the gym, that's why I keep on trying routines I can do at home. xD 

I'm locking this thread now since it seems I already got what I asked for. You are a big help to me and I really appreciate it. :)