Username / Name Origin

Featured Comment

• Support

As you all already know, us from your lovely 24/7 Support team, use our real names as a definitive mark or recognition on the chat accompanied with that shiny green S in the front :) 

I have noticed some of the users having really interesting nicknames under which they play here on Stake and I would like to know how you got them and if there is a background story for getting your nick. ;)

Is is your real name as well? Is there some interesting concept behind creating it or was it just a random mix of letters/numbers and not important at all? 

Looking forward to hearing from you! :$

my real name is ta vu hoai son  . eassy to understand my name is " i was born near a mountain " so they decided to sign my name  " hoai son "  .  

hoai = remember  , son = mountain.  " remember bout this mountain"  . and my nick name on forum is  " remember " as i explain .   "Dont be late " is my stake name. i want to remind myself never come back hom, go to work or date,... late. :))) thats all. thank for reading  

2 hours ago, Han2x said:

Han2x because my girlfriend call me that way. That's our term of endearment.  I don't know where she got that, but I love it. I think it came from honey but just make it different and came up with han2x. I will just ask her. hahaha! 

aww. so sweet bro. i 'm still finding my girl.wish you and your gf always happy :P

• Support
5 hours ago, remember said:

my real name is ta vu hoai son  . eassy to understand my name is " i was born near a mountain " so they decided to sign my name  " hoai son "  .  

hoai = remember  , son = mountain.  " remember bout this mountain"  . and my nick name on forum is  " remember " as i explain .   "Dont be late " is my stake name. i want to remind myself never come back hom, go to work or date,... late. :))) thats all. thank for reading  

Wow, this one is an interesting one, thanks for sharing :$

5 hours ago, dreramon said:

Wow thats very interesting i nver asked or i doubt my name means anything. maybe a drunken night of sex or a bad trip off drugs gave me my name lol 

When you say your name, you refer to this one you use on Stake or...? Cause I was asking about that nick ;)

4 hours ago, Han2x said:

Han2x because my girlfriend call me that way. That's our term of endearment.  I don't know where she got that, but I love it. I think it came from honey but just make it different and came up with han2x. I will just ask her. hahaha! 

Hun-Hun, or Double Hun, I remember this one, yeah! :D

4 hours ago, rack001 said:

Rack001 - Changed Hacker to Racker(gaming name) then shortened it to rack001 

Sillyghost - I wanted to develop an fully anonymous coin - GhostCoin (dreamzzz lool) , and someone called me "silly" on PD , so created Sillyghost :D 

Rack, you basically made yourself in both stories, I love the concepts B|

22 minutes ago, eldrindcm said:

"eldrin" - first name

"dc" - middle initials

"m" - last name

I still have no idea why my parents named me Eldrin. Asked them several times, they just always say that they also don't know :D

So, eldrindcm is like us, and plus, we should hire him for support ;)

1 hour ago, Irena said:

I love these kind of topics! :) 

I wanna hear the stories behind their usernames from @ampula, @zuxel@77kdub, @ieatkdubsass, @Kargai, @RabMalfoy, @stimubate, @Snike, @Etude... :P

I don't have any interesting story to tell, this is my real name, I hated it when I was younger, but I learned how to deal with it. :P 

My last name is "Kins" wont tell my full name. (You never know what Etude will do)... 

So my last name spelled backwards is "Snik" so hang an e on it and its "Snike" 

Dont ask me how I got to that conclusion xD

Edited by Snike
Type
2 hours ago, Irena said:

I love these kind of topics! :) 

I wanna hear the stories behind their usernames from @ampula, @zuxel@77kdub, @ieatkdubsass, @Kargai, @RabMalfoy, @stimubate, @Snike, @Etude... :P

I don't have any interesting story to tell, this is my real name, I hated it when I was younger, but I learned how to deal with it. :P 

My first real username online was "Arkan Kargai".

Arkan because it's my old graffiti artist name and Kargai because "Kargai Sorgaron" is the name of a Heroic Fantasy character i liked to read younger. It was long before Internet start to be full of gay jokes since they saw a "gai" popping ;)

But Arkan Kargai was too long to write and Arkan alone is a common name (was already taken on lots of webistes). I finally decided to stick to Kargai alone ;)

Caroline is my midname so I decided a long ago to use Carollzinha because I am not that tall at all (164cm only lol) and on Stake itself I made Caroll because my Carollzinha account had a bug on pre-alpha and as it took awhile for devs to fix it then I made the new account.. and when I realised that our ranks / levels would stay after the official launch I just stayed with it to keep my current level :P 

Just now, Etude said:

Etude. Well I like music stuff and I play piano. Then I thought it would be a nice username. :D

étude

ˈeɪtjuːd,eɪˈtjuːd/

noun

a short musical composition, typically for one instrument, designed as an exercise to improve the technique or demonstrate the skill of the player.

I knew it will be something interesting. :P 

@Kargai, I had no idea! Me like it! :) 

• Dan changed the title to Username / Name Origin
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.