Stake Forum
vlePa

Do you mine to get crypto for stake?

Featured Comment

Posted (edited)

Hey!

I was wondering how you guys acquire crypto to play on Stake. I'm using HoneyMiner. It's been working pretty well for me so far. It's got a slightly lower mining output than other popular miners, like NiceHash (they usually mine cca 6000 sat/day). What separates HoneyMiner from the rest is the very low withdraw amount. Only 2.500 sat, unlike NiceHash where you need at least 0.001 BTC to withdraw to coinbase and 0.01 to other addressses.

Not sure if this is allowed, please warn me if it isn't and I'll remove the link.
If anyone is interested in trying out HoneyMiner (it's really dummy proof 😃) you might wanna hop in via my refferal link. You get a 1000 sat bonus :) 
https://honeyminer.com/referred/59klm

Edited by vlePa

Yeah its dumb proof just like all those browser mining platforms. But I really am not keen on it. Sharing your device power will get your device heated like hell. Overall performance will go down while you have the miner running. And beside all that you only will make the creators of the site richer. They accumulate the most of the mined coins and only share an idiotically tiny share with all those idiots that let them use your computing power to make money for themselves. I have seen more of such platforms and I didnt find any worth to try out. 

If you really want to make money from such things you better search for a program yourself and set one up. I have found several companies that offer such a service. You just need to install the code in your website and it starts mining using the computing power of your customers. If you have a great idea of a website that attracts thousands of visitors daily that spend a decent amount of time on your site than you can make pretty good money on it.

Posted (edited)

I don't intend to make money from it, ofcourse. It's a source of LOW amounts of Satoshi to play on stake. The reason i'm mentioning HoneyMiner is precisely this minimum amount that is needed to withdraw. Think of it as a faucet. I let it run a few hours when I'm not using the computer, although I can do basically everything with the miner on. I have a game developer rig (since this is my job) and it can take quite a resource pull. Every few days, I have around 5k Satoshi to transfer. Keeps the game going :)

The sites you mention are indeed crap, you need at least 30k sat to withdraw and usually you get 19sat per hour - the standard ROLL thing. It's not viable.

I mine for two reasons:
1. Get miserable amounts of BTC, just for fun
2. Maintain the chain - I believe in crypto

Edited by vlePa

I mine only by GPU's rig mining, is not that big but is my first one and most important, I keep external users/software away from my hardware.  Only the pool with the software to point the graphic cards.  I don`t use the coins for Stake.  Is weird, but I have a lot of respect for faucets as was my introductory gate to this ecosystem, so I do faucets and from there I send to Stake.  Little by little, as the faucets they are.  Good luck. 

Hi ... I don’t think anyone will download an outside program to their computer ...
maybe I can be wrong, please do not strictly evaluate me ... 😉🤝

Posted (edited)

as long as it does not affect your device than you can do it of course. But as you are a game developer why do you not create such thing yourself. I have seen a game once that rewarded small amounts of Crypto. So I think you would be in a great position to create an addictive game that millions of people play and in meantime provide you with power to mine crypto. 

I am an entrepreneur myself and I have guided and set up many business ideas myself and this has been one of the things I have been thinking of in the past. @vlePa we maybe should get in touch so we can maybe exchange some ideas. I have several ideas I want to work out and will need game developer for that anyway.

PS I reached my daily post limit. I will send you a pm tomorrow when I can post again. the daily post limit also includes pm on forum. I will maybe try on stake to add a friend request 

Edited by nattekut

@nattekut I am currently involved in some VR experiences. Doing an educational software regarding work safety like construction sites, locking and tagging dangerous equipment, what to do in a fire situation and similar...

Sure, I'm definitely up for some ideas exchange. Is there a 'friends' thing here?

5 minutes ago, ivan8877 said:

Hi ... I don’t think anyone will download an outside program to their computer ...
maybe I can be wrong, please do not strictly evaluate me ... 😉🤝

I totally understand. However, these guys have proven to be legit. I am by no means trying to persuade anyone to use it. I'm merely starting a conversation - to see how other people 'breathe'

I mine Ravencoin full time with a mining rig i built a few years ago. But every now and then I do take like 100 raven and convert to btc. It's fun and less stressful because I basically paid for the rig a few times over back when I built it. Now I use profits from that, that I still had lying around to pay for the electricity that the rig uses. 

I don't want to take any more then a 100 or so raven because it adds up fast. I also only do it once or twice a week depending on how much I have to deposit normally.

I have mined before but stopped and sold my whole rig at a decent profit the guy also paid me to set it up at his place for him anyhow i deposited with my mined coins before. 

On 7/20/2019 at 1:51 PM, nattekut said:

Yeah its dumb proof just like all those browser mining platforms. But I really am not keen on it. Sharing your device power will get your device heated like hell. Overall performance will go down while you have the miner running.

That what always stopped me from using those mining platforms. I would be never able to share my computer power for this because I need that power for myself. I have two computers and I use them for work and they are already working hard for me. There is simple no room to use them for bitcoin mining. 

Posted (edited)

If you are trying to advertise a website and your referral link, then it’s better to do it in the Other websites section and add a clean link to your post so people can choose.

And there is no desire to download questionable programs on a computer.

Edited by barbaris

i dont mine cuz there is no point in doing so i can just go and buy btc from the atm
but a lot of people mine 
to deposit in stake 
like they get 0.0002
and they deposit in stake
i guess it is fine if u are bored and u know you ll be bored again and have 1-2$ 
to do something while u bored  xDD haha