Stake Forum
GKD09

Edit other users' comments in Quotes

Featured Comment

Posted (edited)

Hey,

Not sure if many of you already know this but you are able to edit peoples comments when using the quote feature. I've taken a screenshot of an example. @FotisNt, sorry had to use your comment since you had your stats hidden, so makes your comment shorter and easy to fit all in one screen :P 

1216572757_alteringpeoplescommentsbyquoting.thumb.PNG.0eb70076fc77230c19b7c3c6cbae7afb.PNG

As you can see, once you quote someone, you are able to completely erase all and also edit it to whatever you like. Now I know, if this comment was right on top or even on the same page you probably will be able to see that its fake, but when there are multiple pages in a thread, you could easily edit an old one and say what you like. So far I haven't seen it be abused in any way, but I'm just curious as to why you can edit it in the first place. I see the funny side of it too and would love to troll some people, editing their own comments and they come back to read something they never said xD Especially if its an older post lol.

I really like the quoting feature and the fact that you can quote as a whole comment or even individual lines or words, which I think is really cool. But editing? Then that's not really quoting isn't it :PxD So not sure if this was intentional or not!

I didn't want to hit send on the above example^^ since I won't be able to delete it afterwards, but I have edited slightly (cunningly :P) while replying to some people over the past few days just to see if it works and it does. 

Go ahead edit while quoting through out this thread :) 

Edited by GKD09

2 hours ago, GKD09 said:

Go ahead edit while quoting throughout this thread

If we do this, won't it be just like in the forum games?

It's not good to be here though because it will be quite spammy. This is a paid section so it won't be good.

Although yeah I had seen someone use it before. But mostly for sarcasm. Like they quoted someone and edited it to "Bla bla bla" and said " what did i just read? nonsense for forum sats?" something like that. I haven't seen someone use it other than that though.

2 minutes ago, ceastem said:

It's good not to be here though because it will be quiet spammy. This is a paid sexsion so it won't be good. :DxD 

Firstly I didn't know this was a paid section :P only after I made it I realised and I didn't mean it like that btw. I just meant like try it out yourself if you're going to reply here. Btw your London should be corrected I think^^ 

4 minutes ago, ceastem said:

Although yeah I had seen someone use it before. But mostly for sarcasm. Like they quoted someone and edited it to "Bla bla bla" and said " what did i just read? nonsense for forum sats?" something like that. I haven't seen someone use it other than that though.

Yeah I haven't seen much, but was it something they did intentionally? Because its not right to say someone said this when its something they didnt 💁‍♂️xD But yeah pretty surprised that I haven't seen it being used much. 

Umm yeah we all knew this probably and would know this all along the way dont really understand if this was a question regarding the forum or some type of tip to users tbh. 

hey, so wee know racism is against the rules, so what if for excample me and gkd, you writte a post and i qued you i type The "N" word (eddit) and then you eddit youre post so mods dont know who said it how will they find out? :D 

1 hour ago, williamshennie9 said:

Woah, I honestly never knew you could do that. I guess it is open to abuse, but at the same time, you can just scroll up and view the original post (or reply) if you have any doubts about what was said.

Yeah, but that's only if its within that page or the prev, if its older you probably won't be bothered to find it. Also, once you edit the text (the text that someone has quoted), it won't change so if someone has a post edited we would never know if they just erased it but the only evidence is from the quote. You get me? (Look at what ceastem quoted from my original post and I just changed it to "through out" from "throughout"). But I'm sure mods are able to see all the edits made. 

1 hour ago, Kate said:

Umm yeah we all knew this probably and would know this all along the way dont really understand if this was a question regarding the forum or some type of tip to users tbh. 

Its both. Does it make sense that you can "quote" something, that someone never said? So its a question about the forum and yes its awareness to the users too, you could call it a tip for the users. :) 

48 minutes ago, yololife222 said:

you writte a post and i qued you i type The "N" word (eddit) and then you eddit youre post so mods dont know who said it how will they find out? :D 

Yes exactly, us users won't be able to find out, butt mods are able to see all the edits I believe. So they can catch us xD