Stake Forum

Featured Comment

Gremio (Brazil) - Libertad (Paraguay)

Gremio managed a key 2-0 home win over Universidad Catolica from Chile to qualify for the Copa Libertadores’ round-of-16 as second-placed in the Group H. Last Saturday, coach Renato Gaucho rotated his players and the team drew 1-1 at Internacional in the city derby. Therefore, O Tricolor are sitting in 11th spot of the Brazilian league table with 15 points. However, they are on six matches unbeaten in all competitions (four wins, two draws). At home, they are on six games without defeat, having won five of them.

Libertad managed to end up the group stage at the top of the Group H with 12 points in spite of having lost their last Libertadores’ game (2-1 at bottom-placed Rosario Central). On Saturday, they beat Guarani 1-0 at home to make it six points in two rounds in the Paraguayan league. In fact, El Gumarelo are on five consecutive victories in all competitions. They won their last three matches on away turf.

Out of the other seven Round of 16 series that started this week, only two had more than 2 goals. All games were quite even and I have to expect the same thing here from this two teams that already know each other from the groups stage (Gremio won 2-0 at Paraguay and Libertad 1-0 at Brazil).
I would be surprised if this isn't more of the same so I have to go with the UNDER.

BET: UNDER 2.25 @ 1.80

Universidad Catolica (Ecuador) - Independiente (Argentina)

Universidad Catolica produced a worthy performance on their visit to Independiente last Thursday, but they ended up losing 1-0. It was their only loss in the last eight competitive matches (five victories, two draws) considering they beat Fuerza Amarilla 2-1 away last Sunday to stay in second spot of the Ecuadorian league table a single point behind Macara. Los Camaratas should take advantage of the 2850 meters of altitude at Estadio Olimpico Atahualpa in Quito if they want to keep their hope alive. In fact, Universidad Catolica won seven and drew one of their last eight home matches.

Pedro Pablo Hernandez’s goal gave Independiente a narrow lead, which they will have to defend in Quito after their 1-0 home win last week in coach Sebastian Beccacece’s debut. On Sunday, the team won 1-0 again (at Defensa y Justicia) in the league season opener. El Rojo won four of their last five matches in all competitions (only losing to Rionegro Aguilas 3-2 away in May) and they also claimed three victories in the last five on away turf (suffering two defeats).

Last week's game was affected by some heavy rain and still was open enough for both teams to have good chances. I expect even more of this 2nd leg as the hosts will use the altitude factor in their favour and that usually creates fast paced games.

BET: OVER 2 @ 2.0

Independiente del Valle (Ecuador) - Independiente (Argentina)

Independiente del Valle couldn’t hold onto their 1-0 lead and ended up losing 2-1 at Independiente in Argentina, which is why they will need to win at home to keep their hope alive. On Saturday, the team’s alternative XI lost 3-2 at home to Mushuc Runa, which means they dropped down to fourth in the Ecuadorian league table on 39 points, seven behind leaders Macara. Independiente del Valle are winless in their last five competitive matches, drawing two and losing three. Their last defeat stopped an impressive unbeaten run as hosts of ten victories and two draws.

Independiente managed to reverse the score with Silvio Romero scoring the winner in stoppage time to make it 2-1 over Independiente del Valle at home. Therefore, they only need to avoid the defeat in Ecuador to reach the Copa Sudamericana’s semi-finals. El Rojo haven’t had any league action during the weekend because of Argentina’s primary elections. They managed three points so far, having beaten Defensa y Justicia away and postponed their home match against Newell’s Old Boys. Overall, Independiente won four of their last five competitive games, losing the other. On away turf, the side claimed three successes and suffered three losses in their last six.

The first leg last week was an open one with the argentinean side winning in stoppage time, and I expect also another open game here as the hosts must win and once they score the game could go crazy. Independiente played at Ecuador the previous stage of this competition two weeks ago in a similar scenario and the game ended 3-2 so I definitely think this OVER line is worth a bet.

BET: OVER 2.25 @ 1.94

FC Porto v Krasnodar

FC Porto scored a late goal and won the first leg of this match in Russia thanks to Sergio Oliveira, they will go into tonight's match confident they can go through, at home they should have too much for Krasnodar and that fact that Krasnodar lost the home leg won't fill them with confidence ahead of their match in the Estadio do Dragao. Porto are Champions league group stage regulars and i expect them to take another step toward the stage tonight in front of their own fans.

FC Porto -1 1.90

Celtic v Cluj

Celtic drew out in Romania 1-1 , the Romanians looked very ordinary that night, they look quite a well organised side who are direct in terms of play. Celtic shoudl have too much for them tonight at Celtic Park, the fact Cluj at some stage need to attack should allow Celtic plenty of space to attack the Romanians, i think Celtic should cover the handicap of -1 and i believe the are a bet for tonight.

Celtic -1 min odds 2.02

Dundalk v Slovan Bratislava

I am giving the over goals a chance here, this has the potential to be a very open match, Slovan will know a goal would be a enough to probably send them through, Dundalk will know they need to score goals in order to progress to the next round. Dundalk will play the match in their home ground and not have to travel to Dublin to play the game on a neutral ground. I think Slovan will have too much and i fancy them to win it but happy just to rely on the goals.

Over 2.25 min odds 2.04

Linfield v FK Sutjeska

Another game that should be an open game, Sutjeska need to score at least 2 and i believe they are still not out of it in terms of going through to the next round. They will have to approach this in a open manner and it should lead to an open match, Linfield will be happy to play on the break and in front of a big crowd in Windsor, the first match featured 3 goals so why not the same in a match that should be more open.

Over 2.75 Goals scored min odds 1.98

LDU Quito (Ecuador) - Boca Juniors (Argentina)

Liga Deportiva Universitaria had enough to beat Olimpia via a 4-2 aggregate result, having drawn 1-1 away in Paraguay three weeks ago. On Friday, the team won 2-0 at home over Barcelona to stop a four-game winless run in all competitions (two draws and two defeats in that time). Pablo Repetto’s men are sitting in eighth spot of the Ecuadorian league table on 32 points in 22 rounds. At home, they are on four games unbeaten, having won three and drawn one.

Boca Juniors haven’t found any difficulties to advance to the Copa Libertadores’ quarter-finals by beating Athletico Paranaense 2-0 at home (3-0 on aggregate). Last weekend, coach Gustavo Alfaro rotated his players but the team still were able to beat Aldosivi 2-0 at home. Therefore, El Xeneize collected seven points from nine available in the Superliga, two behind leaders Sarandi Arsenal. Boca are on six competitive games unbeaten in regular time (four wins, two draws). On away turf, they haven’t lost any of the last seven, with three successes in that spell.

Boca Juniors seem the better side in general terms, but Liga are strong as hosts, especially considering the 2850 meters of altitude in Quito and they will have to take risks on this must win game knowing that the trip to Buenos Aires will be really tough, so I expect this to create an open game here.

BET: OVER 2 @ 1.91