Stake Forum
Vladv26

Elina Svitolina - Maria Sakkari prediction

Featured Comment

Elina Svitolina won the last match at this tournament against Daria Kasatkina in straight sets and it only took 16 games. Svitolina won 87 percent of her first serve points and 46 percent of her second serve points. Svitolina won 65% of her total service points and managed to get 5 break from the 7 chances that she had,while also managing to save 4 out of the 5 break points she offered to her opponent. Svitolina has to work a little more on her service but the good news for her is that she has a good return which is pretty much saving her, as she won 6 out of her last 7 played matches in straight sets. Svitolina did not won two matches in a row since Miami of this year so she is looking to do that as soon as possible. Overall Svitolina won 5 out of her last 7 matches on hard court. 

Maria Sakkari is coming of a longer match where she won in 3 sets against Mayo Hibi, in a match that took 28 games to decide. Sakkari won 69 percent of her first serve points and 42 percent of her second serve points. Sakkari won 57% of her total service points and managed to get 7 breaks form the 15 chances that she had. Sakkari hit 9 aces in that victory and saved5 of the 20 break points he offered to her opponent. Sakkari is looking to win 3 straight matches, something she last time achieved in Rome, this year when she reached the semi-finals. Overall Sakkari won 3 out of her last 4 matches on hard court. 

Both of this players are giving everything on the court when they are playing so we should expect this to be a very competitive match just like their last meeting this year at Wimbledon was. The serve could be an advantage for Sakkari as she could get a lot of free points out of that but the problem is that she hits way to unforced errors. In the last meeting of this two Sakkari hit 49 unforced errors. Overall I think Svitolina is the better player and when she's playing at her best it's a though player to bet against 

My pick for this match is Svitolina to win. 

What an incredible match. Svitolina won the first set 6-1 and was up 5-2 in the first set. She served to win the match at 5-3 and had 3 match points but she blew all of them away. In the third set Svitolina made a break early again but then gave his opponent 2 breaks and lost the set 3-6. I stopped following the match at 5-2 in the second set thinking it was all over but I seems like absolutely nothing is safe in tennis especially when talking about women tennis. This is a good example that huge surprises can happen and everything is possible