Stake Forum
Vladv26

Simona Halep - Jennifer Brady pick

Featured Comment

Halep will start this tournament directly from round 2 because she is ranked high enough in the world to get that advantage. She is coming after a spectacular performance at Wimbledon where she won her second Grand Slam title. Halep played incredibly well in the final as she beat Serena Williams in straight sets and what's even more exciting is that she only lost 4 games during the entire match. Halep has a great record at Rogers Cup because she's won this competition twice and she qualified in the semi-finals and the finals multiple times so she will enter this tournament being very confident because she knows how to play here and she feels good in Canada. 

Jennifer Brady defeated Kristina Mladenovic in the first round. It was an impressive win as she managed to win 88% of her total service games and also got 5 breaks during a match that ended in straight sets. It was a quick and very decisive match that finished in only 15 games. Brady recently reached the semi-finals at Nottingham Open so we can say she's in a pretty good form. Even though she had some good performances this is expected to be a very hard match for her since she is playing against one of the best players in the world. 

Jennifer Brady has a pretty good record at this tournament and she's in good form but all of that doesn't matter because she is playing against Halep which is extremely confident right now and is playing some exceptional tennis winning the Wimbledon a few weeks ago. Halep also has a lot more experience winning this tournament twice before. In my opinion Halep is going to be way to strong in this match for Brandy and I can't imagine her losing so early. 

My pick for this match is Halep to win