Vladv26

Manchester United – Chelsea pick

Featured Comment

Manchester United

Last season they played poorly and they are trying to make people forget that. During matches they played this summer they showed they are capable of playing some great football because they were not defeated by anyone even though they played against teams like Inter, Tottenham or Milan. They have a though start of the season because after this match they will play away against Wolverhampton.

They bought Maguire, Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James for almost 160 million euros. Lukaku was sold to Inter for 65 million euros while Ander Herrera left for PSG. Bailly and Fosu-Mensah are both injuried, Sanchez is not 100% sure it's going to play. 

Manchester United possible lineup (4-3-3): De Gea – Shaw, Lindelof, Maguire, Wan-Bissaka – Pogba, Fred, McTominay – Martial, Rashford, Lingard.

Chelsea

They didn't dissapoint at a the last season because they've managed to win the Europa League. They've finished the last season on 3rd place but they were far away when talking about points from Man City and Liverpool. The next Wednesday they will play the Supercup of Europe against Liverpool. During friendly matches they played alright as they faced only one defeat. 

This summer Hazard left the team to go to Real Madrid for 100 million euros. They also sold Aina, Kalas and David Luiz receiving almost 30 million for all of them. They only bought Mateo Kovacic for 45 million euros. Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, James and Van Ginkel are all injuried while also Kante, Rudiger and Willian could possibly miss this match. 

Chelsea possible lineup (4-2-3-1): Arrizabalaga – Emerson, Christensen, Zouma, Azpilicueta – Jorginho, Kante – Pulisic, Mount, Pedro – Abraham

Manchester United had better performances during the matches they played this summer and I think this season they will be a more dangerous team. Their offensive trio Martial, Rashford and Lingard are playing great and I think they will have a good performance in this match. 

The lineup that Chelsea is using doesn't look well at all and that's obviously because they've sold their best player Hazard. That's why I don't expect them to be as good as they were last season. In my opinion United should win this match but for safety reasons I'm going to pick an easier bet. 

My pick for this match is United wins either half.