Stake Forum
Enzo

Always double when you have 11-13

Featured Comment

Ive recently been playing a LOT of blackjack and discovered that you should almost always double when you have 11-13 total deal. It doesn't always matter what the dealer has because most times when you double, you'll end up winning.

Now this doesn't work every time but it's worked 8/10 times for me when I've tried it with 0 bet. I know people have there superstitions about 0 bets but I don't agree with those opinions so I don't apply them to this.

You guys should try it and let me know how it goes :D 

I am in agreement here for the most part.  I know good black jack strategy says to only double down when the dealer has certain cards showing, but I always double down when the dealer doesn't have an Ace or Face showing, and sometimes even when they do.

17 hours ago, Enzo said:

Ive recently been playing a LOT of blackjack and discovered that you should almost always double when you have 11-13 total deal. It doesn't always matter what the dealer has because most times when you double, you'll end up winning.

Now this doesn't work every time but it's worked 8/10 times for me when I've tried it with 0 bet. I know people have there superstitions about 0 bets but I don't agree with those opinions so I don't apply them to this.

That's an interesting strategy because to double on a 13 is really risky. Typically I only double if I'm holding a 10, face or Ace. You have to always assume the dealer has a 10 or higher valued card.  But hey if it's working for you then kudos, keep making that money Enzo!

I'm not sure that it is a good idea on 12 or 13 regardless of the dealer's up card is, but if it's working that's great.  Depending on what the dealers up card is, say if it is 6 or lower I even love doubling on 7-10 as well.

by the book you should double only 10/11 but i double it on 9 and 8 of course if dealer have 5-6-7 if he have 8 and i have 9 i always double and so on, but still that will not make you profitable with a bit of "luck"

hehe if I would get paid for all my 0 bets then I would be a millionaire already ;) but yea technically it doesn't matter but then how come it's so easy to play with 0 bets? Probably because we don't see the winning amount that we are about to lose if we go risky, so we tend to do more risky things. And when we play with balance we always have in mind what we could lose - our initial bet + the eventual winnings.

I almost do not play blackjack, because the computer is always at least 18-21 points and it’s very difficult to win 10% bust in such conditions when you have points such as 15.16.17 in the hand and it’s not clear what to do if you hit then with a probability of 99% there will be a bust. In general, not a very balanced game as for me.

On 8/13/2019 at 12:24 PM, Enzo said:

higher change on getting 21 on 11 card, but not sure on 13 of course if you get high cards like QKJ thats automatic lose, so i double only on 11, or 10

Posted (edited)

Awesome! Thanks for the tip on blackjack im not a big player of the game so i aprpeciate these kidn of tips. ill for sure try it and keep in mind to double on these numbers. 

Edited by blueprints

I only double when I get 10 and 11. If I get 12 and 13, I never double. too risky if I get 10 J Q and K. and I also see the beginning of the dealer's card, if it starts with 3 4 5 6, even though I only have 12 and 13, I will stand