Stake Forum
Enzo

Superstitions surrounding "0 bets" or Pre-Rolls?

Featured Comment

I've heard before that a lot of players don't like to pre-roll or "make 0 bets" because they believe it drastically changes the results or overall just gives them weird 'wins'.

Now obviously anyone who knows anything about provably fair systems knows that to not be true. But I'm curious how many people believe in this fallacy and why?

If you do, please give me some insight as to why you believe it and why it makes sense to you.

In response, I want people who believe it to read this article here:

https://medium.com/easygo-gaming/provably-fair-gambling-how-does-our-technology-work-9b784e9fe836

I believe prerolling actually works, because when you do it, you see what ticket you would have gotten, for example if you did it in Dice and wanted to go x2 but weren't sure then you could try prerolling untill you lose 4 times on one side and then go on the other one, something like that.

I always do prerolls, but not at 0 bet, but at least at 1 satoshi, because it can give a super short one, then it will not be so offensive that there was a bet 0

In my opinion a preroll or roll with a zero bet is a strategy to get the target payout that we are targeting if we use standard bets then we don't know whether to hit our target payout or not.

preroll or betting with zero balance is anticipating that our balance does not run out quickly because if we play to get a big payout we need a lot of roll to reach the target payout .

but all back again to the players and it's up to want to use preroll or not.

Hey there, Enzo,

In my eyes I believe in pre-rolling, but that's just my opinion, like if you'd waste the money on the bets you'd lose, but now you're rolling free losses, don't lose any money, do you think the outcome could be a different one when you're betting? Cause I don't it's just the same rolls being pre-rolled until a bigger multiplier.

Kind regards,

slfj.

I also thought so. This is because at prerolls or zero bets you often catch a high multiplier that doesn’t fall out when you have a good bet, because of this there are superstitions.:D

I think taht prerolling could be really helpful. I have noticed that random on Dice, for example, varies from day to day: yesterday it could drop numbers mainly under 50, and today it gives mostly numbers over 60. So with pre-roll you can get some initial statistics and see which pattern is working today. If you analyze that information you'll get higher chances of winning

yeah ... you said right, bets using payment 0 will have no effect when the bet starts filling in the numbers .. if on the free roll we roll the dice by 1000 rolls, then when we start betting using a little satoshi, that's where the calculation starts ..

so ... it's true that the freeroll (bet 0) isn't true ... if you want to burn the dice roll to get closer to the actual target number, do the bet using the smallest bet. for example 1 satoshi, or 1 ethereum ...

This is interesting I don't pre roll with 0 satoshi purely because it would annoy if it came in. But if it's correct that the calculations are made on betting amounts then I guess it doesn't matter. I probably still won't do it but I also won't walk under a ladder lol.

Ohh boy,thats the only reason I dont participate in TG challenges,you waste your good tickets and then you wont have any nice tickets when you gamble if you participate in TG challenge . Now it got decreased I dont see the point of risking to lose good rolls for 3-15 $ when you can win atleast 30 $ if you bet 3 cents on Plinko and hit a 1000x .

But if you bet money durying the challenge then thats actually smart,I could see why people would bet 0.5 $ on TG challenge,because they would do it anyways and what if they win ? thats an easy extra 30-150$ .

I am one of the players that never uses prerolls.  I would rather take my chances  and make bets when I'm hunting high multipliers.  I would rather lose while hunting, rather than miss out on hitting that number if it comes out during the prerolls.