Stake Forum
bitman007

800 Bitcoin to buy a house

Featured Comment

Hello Good mornining friends , i want to share a very intersting statement of a bitcoiner i haver ever read . 

He shared on twitter that :

In 2015 I sold 800 BTC to buy a house for my family.

In 2018 I sold my house and bought back 50 BTC.

People who thinks I'm crazy for selling my house please know that my only regret is to have sold my bitcoins.

Investment in Real Estate is now garbage comparing to #Bitcoin.

Many peopl was against it to buy back btc for house . 

When People argue him about selling selling home for bitcoin

He replied : Says who? What is stability anyways? A house and a job with fixed income? I worked in IT for over 20 years of my life, bought a house and my life wasn't stable at all, now I live in a sailboat and travel the world with my family, I can say that my family is much happier now.

What are your opinion on this statements kindly share -)) Do y ou think he did right or wrong ?

Screenshot_2.png

If he's financially stable and happy with his family, then you can't say he made a bad decision. Hindsight is 20/20 and you'll always regret what you could have made if you let yourself. If he's fine with the decisions he's made then so be it, gotta enjoy what you do have

In 2015 I sold 800 BTC to buy a house for my family.

In 2018 I sold my house and bought back 50 BTC.

People who thinks I'm crazy for selling my house please know that my only regret is to have sold my bitcoins.

omg indeed looks like very bad investment. Selling 800 btc in 2015 that really really suck. But I don't think buying 50 btc back in 2018 is good decision. Why would he do this? Really very strange. Once he sold them in 2015 he already made bad decision, coming back and buying less btc for more money sounds like even worse decision. 

yeah, here we can say that he really was not lucky, although he is not guilty, someone is not lucky, but buying bitcoin at the peak of prices is a bad idea .... bitcoin always falls and you had to wait

Well, I think that if a person likes such a life, then why not. He made a decision for himself and he likes it, let him enjoy life. Of course, I would not sell the house, because the house is a house and nothing will replace it.

I mean, the difference of 800 BTC of 2015 is because bitcoin was at a low price, that is, an investment and now it sells its house again and gets its 800 btc back but its price is high, that is, it achieved an average profit of 10-100x

Really looks like a very bad investment. 
The sale of 800 bitcoinos in 2015 really sucks. 
But it does not seem reasonable to buy 50 bitcoins in 2018.  Why would he do that? 
It is very strange. Once he sold them in 2015, he has already made the wrong decision, coming back and buying less coins for more money, the decision looks even worse. 

its not as bad as the guy who bought a pizza with god knows how many bitcoins back in the early stages of its launch xD

Personally I would of kept the house, greed always ends up badly in my opinion

I would say it's a very very very bad decision!

If he had the resource to buy 800 bitcoins (even in 2015) that means he is filthy rich and can again make good investments and trading to get back his bitcoins within a decade.

Selling the house to get back 50 btc? I don't think it's a good deal. I don't think his 50 btc will be more than 20x within a decade.

But we never know, it's just my opinion. 

He might have sold it because it caused him intense regret so wanted to get rid of it lol.