Stake Forum

Featured Comment

Someone hacked my account today. I haven't set any 2fa code on my account. The man hacked my account and set a 2fa code. I was playing on my account and suddenly went out for a work. After an hour when I came back and entered stake I found wrong there. I can't do anything on my account. When I'm entering to stake with the browser I'm login it's saying

Error

You are not allowed to do that.

And I can't do anything. Can't chat, can't play, can't change currency and balance showing 0. It just showing the error. I tried contact support they told me to try with forget password but it's not working. Cause it need the 2fa code to set new password. And hacker have the 2fa code as he set it. I can't access my account now.

Finally I ask help to mail support. Having conversation with them. Now I'm waiting what will happen in the end! I have some balance on my account.

BTW it's very important, enable 2fa guys. Don't be stupid like me. Hope stake will do the best to kick those hacker out. 

11 minutes ago, Mahdirakib87 said:

Someone hacked my account today. I haven't set any 2fa code on my account. The man hacked my account and set a 2fa code. I was playing on my account and suddenly went out for a work. After an hour when I came back and entered stake I found wrong there. I can't do anything on my account. When I'm entering to stake with the browser I'm login it's saying

Error

You are not allowed to do that.

And I can't do anything. Can't chat, can't play, can't change currency and balance showing 0. It just showing the error. I tried contact support they told me to try with forget password but it's not working. Cause it need the 2fa code to set new password. And hacker have the 2fa code as he set it. I can't access my account now.

Finally I ask help to mail support. Having conversation with them. Now I'm waiting what will happen in the end! I have some balance on my account.

BTW it's very important, enable 2fa guys. Don't be stupid like me. Hope stake will do the best to kick those hacker out. 

yeah i think you just need to relogin, log out then log in again,. might help resolve your problem, try it.

I hope your account can recover. usually when it is hit by a hacker the balance in your account will be lost because it has been pulled at him most of the hackers are always hit by a zero balance when their account can be accessed again.

4 minutes ago, StoneDragon said:

This is not hack lol u need to log again in, i did have this error too, no worrie relog in, it did help me

1 minute ago, jomarpaul said:

yeah i think you just need to relogin, log out then log in again,. might help resolve your problem, try it.

I already told that I have tried everything. And I also told that I haven't set 2fa code. When I'm trying to login from other browser, I'm putting username and password then clicking on sing in, it is asking two factor code. I have never enabled 2fa in my account. So who set that 2fa? 

1 minute ago, Mahdirakib87 said:

I already told that I have tried everything. And I also told that I haven't set 2fa code. When I'm trying to login from other browser, I'm putting username and password then clicking on sing in, it is asking two factor code. I have never enabled 2fa in my account. So who set that 2fa? 

ok now better to wait for supports rsponse, just wait for awhile, before doing any move, how much is hacked on your account?

I will lose my balance when my account will recovered back! Well that is so crappy. I have not much amount in my account. But that's all I have now for gambling. 

6 minutes ago, cukup2 said:

I hope your account can recover. usually when it is hit by a hacker the balance in your account will be lost because it has been pulled at him most of the hackers are always hit by a zero balance when their account can be accessed again.

14 minutes ago, kaleemmalik071 said:

damm it man sad to hear that :( . one time 1 faced it too but now my account is secure  :) . better to set up 2fa its very important now a days :) 

but what if you forget the 2fa passcode? is there any way to fix it? or the account will be locked forver?

Contact support and they can try their best to solve this for you.

I have seen something like this occur before where someone was able to log in to a streamer called "Loopoo" 's account and they were able to withdraw his balance because he didn't have 2FA enabled.
I wish you the best with getting your account back and that the scammer didn't steal too much money from you :/ 

Just now, jomarpaul said:

but what if you forget the 2fa passcode? is there any way to fix it? or the account will be locked forver?

How do I restore my lost Google Authenticator?

Sign in to your account with your username and password.

On the verification code challenge page, click More options.

Click Get help Request Google's help.

You'll then need to fill out an account recovery form to verify you are authorized to access the account.

source link https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185834?hl=en

10 minutes ago, kaleemmalik071 said:

How do I restore my lost Google Authenticator?

Sign in to your account with your username and password.

On the verification code challenge page, click More options.

Click Get help Request Google's help.

You'll then need to fill out an account recovery form to verify you are authorized to access the account.

source link https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185834?hl=en

thx for this, hopre this give knowledge to other, and help them when they need it the most, your so wise and full of knowledge sir! thx

Yea, same thing was happen with me before 2 month with my old account.
But hacker not enable 2fa hence i recovered my hacked account with forgot password option.
I didn't loose any coins because i don't have coin that time in that account.

but hacker made anonymous chats leads to my account muted permanently.
and so i decided to make this new account.  
but still i m not using 2fa.

I want sake to introduce mail verification for new IP login because i don't like to enable 2fa for all different website i m using.
i have enabled 2fa to my mail id thats enough.

Mahdirakib87's case is solved, but I hope this will stay here as a reminder what can happen if you leave your account unprotected. Always make sure that you have your 2fa on, that's why we recommend it. I know we're probably even boring with that talk, but you can never be too cautious when it comes to your funds.
And never share your account information with other users. It can happen that the hijacker activates 2fa instead of you and lock you out of your account completely.

@Mahdirakib87 I'm glad you regained access to your account. :)

22 hours ago, jomarpaul said:

And if it ever happens that you're unable to restore your access to your 2fa app, feel free to reach us out via Live support and explain the issue. You'll have to verify that it's really your account, so 2fa could be disabled from it. Even in that case, we do recommend that you set back on 2 factor protection for your own safety. :)

Its not boring, and that good that stake wanna help people, but if people wont learn no one can help them, maybe im little rude right now but i thinks it was good learning point, its good that u did get your money back, people never learn if they dont get burn first... 2fa may be little annoying but better then lose money.

1 hour ago, Marija said:

I'm glad you regained access to your account. :)

Yeah thanks to stake support. Finally I got back my account. Though the hackers made my all balance zero. 

And you respond too fast in mail support, while available. Never expect fast reply like this!

#All should set the 2fa verification ..

23 hours ago, jomarpaul said:

There is actually an option for you to contact us in support in that case, and if you prove the ownership of the account, we can disable 2fa for you. 

And yes, I agree, 2fa is really important, and it should be set on all of your accounts that are in any way related to crypto (and those that are not, but I'd mark these as a priority). That includes your email addresses that you linked your accounts to, your wallet accounts, and your accounts on all the other sites where you're using 2fa. :) 

1 minute ago, Irena said:

There is actually an option for you to contact us in support in that case, and if you prove the ownership of the account, we can disable 2fa for you. 

And yes, I agree, 2fa is really important, and it should be set on all of your accounts that are in any way related to crypto (and those that are not, but I'd mark these as a priority). That includes your email addresses that you linked your accounts to, your wallet accounts, and your accounts on all the other sites where you're using 2fa. :) 

maybe stake can improve something about it, if hacker try log in on wrong country stake system close account until user contact suppor, maybe some log in list. i mean evey use say what country they from and stake adds that to they little list, it may also help.

2 minutes ago, StoneDragon said:

maybe stake can improve something about it, if hacker try log in on wrong country stake system close account until user contact suppor, maybe some log in list. i mean evey use say what country they from and stake adds that to they little list, it may also help.

That's actually one of the things that's on our to-do list, to receive an email if there's a login from another IP address, so you would know right away if someone else got the access to your account. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Irena said:

That's actually one of the things that's on our to-do list, to receive an email if there's a login from another IP address, so you would know right away if someone else got the access to your account. 

Thats good, but there always can to (lets call it) back up back up maybe little secret questions, location hack its not hard but i thinks its  hard  to hack stake little list is supppppeeerrrr hard lol.

Edited by StoneDragon

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, StoneDragon said:

Yeah agree with you. I think they should lock IP address. Like I'm always using same device for login and playing at stake. If I try to login from other IP or someone try to hack my account by login from other IP address I need to verify it by a link sent to email.

As the hacker hacked my account and he set the 2fa, there was no way to get my account back without verifying that I'm the real owner of the account. I did it by giving information of my account and their question answer in support. And they disabled the 2fa. 

Edited by Mahdirakib87